Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

why did vivek oberoi failed to make a mark?

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I may be very late to ask this question :p but since a lot of Salman Salman is going around now a days it reminded me of that famous press conference of Vivek oberoi in 2003.
Was Salman really the reason for Viveks quick downfall. As far as I remember he was a huge sensation when he made his debut Or was it because he rejected films like hum tum with yashraj for Aishwariya rai??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Bollywood is too big an industry for one person to ruin anybody's career. Vivek's downfall is the result of his own choices. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Because he couldn't get away with a press conference the way Salman has got away with murder. 
No chalk in Vivek Oberoi's desk. 
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I did not know Vivek Oberoi was a sensation when he started. 

Arjun Rampal started around the same time and was a sensation. Several awards for his debut film. 

He has faded and nothing to do with Salman. 

out of the early 2000's the only ones I can think still doing mainstream movies are Hrithik and John

Edited by Atomicbomb - 8 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail
We have seen presently how Salman controls Bollywood! All the BW bigwigs are falling over themselves to offer sympathy and homage to Sallu and defending him till they go blue in their faces.
So it wont be too farfetched to think that Sallu got Vivek blacklisted.
As far as I remember Saathiya was a huge hit and his debut movie Company earned him many awards.

Truth is he just isn't very good
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
He should have stuck with gangster roles (for which he was appreciated) for a while, the way Emraan Hashmi stuck with kissing roles (for which he was popular) ... he'd have made a respectable/comfortable mark today the way EH did.
Originally posted by: pallavi25

We have seen presently how Salman controls Bollywood! All the BW bigwigs are falling over themselves to offer sympathy and homage to Sallu and defending him till they go blue in their faces.

So it wont be too farfetched to think that Sallu got Vivek blacklisted.
As far as I remember Saathiya was a huge hit and his debut movie Company earned him many awards.

Exactly pallavi but Vivek too has a verbal diarrhea which happens to his own worst enemy, that guy just doesn't know how or when to keep his big mouth shut 🥱  Big mouth + cockiness is a dangerous combination for a public figure.

Anyways, sure his professional life is all screwed up but hey at least he has a stable personal life with wife and kids of his own unlike a certain someone we all know.

Edited by StillAlice - 8 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Because he couldn't get away with a press conference the way Salman has got away with murder. 

Blame the industry. BW is so fickle and choosy who to uplift and who to crumble. Salman gets VIP treatment and duas for manslaughter and Vivek gets disrespected and no work for speaking the truth. If only Vivek hadn't apologized...I respect him a lot more. ðŸ˜†