Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

T3| ArHi FF Second Chances| Note and link to T4, pg 148 (Page 58)

-Bhavi IF-Stunnerz
-Bhavi
-Bhavi

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mirabell

A very dear reader, Anukap, forwarded a link to me yesterday, an article written by Sheryl Sandburg, "Choosing Life and Finding Meaning 30 Days After Dave's Tragic Death." 

I had not read it and I am so grateful Anukap for sharing it with me. Will you read it? It has insight into grief and loss. It is also about resiliency of the human spirit. It speaks to making choices for ourselves.

It is so closely tied to what Second Chances are all about.

I hope you will read it.

Heart

Strangely i was going to post this link here this AM when i read the article. The first thing i thought was its so close to your story.

Edited by -Bhavi - 04 June 2015 at 2:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellManKiBaath

jduke IF-Rockerz
jduke
jduke

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

A very dear reader, Anukap, forwarded a link to me yesterday, an article written by Sheryl Sandburg, "Choosing Life and Finding Meaning 30 Days After Dave's Tragic Death." 

I had not read it and I am so grateful Anukap for sharing it with me. Will you read it? It has insight into grief and loss. It is also about resiliency of the human spirit. It speaks to making choices for ourselves.

I hope you will read it.

Heart

Yes, I red this article yesterday. It is very close to the journey of Second Chances.

"Let me not die while I am still alive." - I loved this sentence to the core. 

"Option A is not available. So let's just kick the shit out of option B." - almost gave me tears. 

In another article she also shared Dave Goldberg's words...

"Focus on the people who matter most; focus on ideas that change the world for the better; and be generous in helping people trying to bring those ideas to life, just as Dave Goldberg did."

Edited by jduke - 04 June 2015 at 2:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellManKiBaathcanapoem

canapoem IF-Sizzlerz
canapoem
canapoem

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 3:40pm | IP Logged

A very dear reader, Anukap, forwarded a link to me yesterday, an article written by Sheryl Sandburg, "Choosing Life and Finding Meaning 30 Days After Dave's Tragic Death." 

I had not read it and I am so grateful to Anukap for sharing it with me. Will you read it? It has insight into grief and loss. It is also about resiliency of the human spirit. It speaks to making choices for ourselves.

I hope you will read it.

Heart

Thank you Anukap and MB for sharing this article.

I so agree with the writer that no one can understand the pain unless they were in that position.

Each pain is different and any kind of condolence from a person who has not experienced that kind of pain seems artificial.

You will find a new normal, but it will never be as good

The above sentence touched my heart and it is so true. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellManKiBaath

Arjuhisis IF-Sizzlerz
Arjuhisis
Arjuhisis

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing MB and anukap - will read it soon dear

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mirabell

Spoonai Goldie
Spoonai
Spoonai

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Lovely update!!! Really loved it :) 

Mirabell

khub Newbie
khub
khub

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Very insightful article. Thanks for sharing! 

Mirabell

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 04 June 2015 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
I like your blog, so left a little note there (for me to expand on later) Embarrassed

Check it out ? 

[PS - You are the best. What are you doing on IF? Go find a publisher or something.] 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

g17jasMirabellManKiBaath-Bhavi

aysemLDG IF-Dazzler
aysemLDG
aysemLDG

Posted: 05 June 2015 at 2:23am | IP Logged

A very dear reader, Anukap, forwarded a link to me yesterday, an article written by Sheryl Sandburg, "Choosing Life and Finding Meaning 30 Days After Dave's Tragic Death." 

I had not read it and I am so grateful to Anukap for sharing it with me. Will you read it? It has insight into grief and loss. It is also about resiliency of the human spirit. It speaks to making choices for ourselves.

I hope you will read it.

Heart

I read the article yesterday night but couldn't comment then as I had problem in collecting my thoughts after the article. I didn't lose anyone dear to me, of course I lost my grandparents, uncle but losing the closest one must be much more painful than any others. That's why, I don't know how those who lost their loved ones might feel. 

After reading the article, I realized that when I meet someone who lost their loved ones recently, I couldn't express my sympathy or offer condolence. I just behave as if nothing happening. I always avoid talking about the death, in front of the family members of the dead people. Because I know whatever I talk, whatever I do won't change anything. Because the pain only belongs to loved ones to share, not to some outsider. Even if I can feel sympathy, understanding the degree of pain of those is too difficult. Because an outsider can forget and move on easily but those people will always have to live with that pain, maybe the pain will lessen in time but will not disappear completely.

Mirabell

Go to top