Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

T3| ArHi FF Second Chances| Note and link to T4, pg 148 (Page 54)

swtsam IF-Dazzler
swtsam
swtsam

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
awesome. ...beautiful update. ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mirabell

kushikumari Goldie
kushikumari
kushikumari

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
MB,
i have lost count of the number of times i have started putting down my thoughts today. feel like i am intruding, that i will almost shatter the web you have weaved, for it is still fragile...

the elasticity of time... hmm... have you ever been left with a feeling that time has paused to bask in the moment with you? not when time flies and we wish endlessly that if only it would pause, not when we watch the clock every so often only to realize that the seconds time has not made much progress. but the time when we savor the wonderful moments... i have.  when i contemplate on something i have read and let it all soak in, or after a good meditation session. there is a stillness within, and it seems to extend outwards, beyond us. as if to reach out and stretch time, so that even time can bask in this special moment with us... and that is what this chapter makes me feel like...

By no means an easy one to write. on the surface, it is just two people getting closer while on a walk... 

But they do come with their flaws, their demons, their fears, like anyone else. The beauty though is in the way your characters deal with the challenges. no running away, no blame games, no tantrums, no drama. instead a very mature, and a very conscious decision to rise above pettiness every single time. where ego has no place whatsoever. where patience pays. yet, each one rolling in emotions difficult to handle, difficult to come to terms with... wondering if anything, anything at all would be normal ever again, even if for a short time. and yet, never giving in... setting aside these feelings to be the strength for others... 

there is sadness in every chapter, yet you end on a positive note, leaving us (yes us!) either breathless, reeling, peaceful, or grinning. and this is what i mean when i say, it is not easy... to constantly, as a writer, push the challenges that life throws at us down, and not make it the center of every chapter. to not let emotions, but actions, drive the characters. 

the layers and depth in this story astounds me. each time i read, i come up with something new. a treasure trove indeed with human actions. with lessons on how to be. 

leaves me wondering how much we are capable of as humans when we set our mind to it...

kk

Edited by kushikumari - 02 June 2015 at 4:46pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellManKiBaathcanapoem-Bhavi

pinkly Goldie
pinkly
pinkly

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Liked this chapter very much Mira.

Arnav and Khushi... They are getting closer. But they need to talk so much and know all about last 10 years. Hope they get all the time at the river banks.

Hmmm... Teaser remained just teasing Mira. The kiss was not satisfying at all :-)).

I always liked arnav and Maya's friendship. Maya's song was funny :-).

Nicely written chapter Mira. Do update the next chapter soon

Mirabell

Mirabell Senior Member
Mirabell
Mirabell

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kushikumari

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">MB,
</font>
<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">i have lost count of the number of times i have started putting down my thoughts today. feel like i am intruding, that i will almost shatter the web you have weaved, for it is still fragile...</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">the elasticity of time... hmm... have you ever been left with a feeling that time has paused to bask in the moment with you? not when time flies and we wish endlessly that if only it would pause, not when we watch the clock every so often only to realize that the seconds time has not made much progress. but the time when we savor the wonderful moments... i have. when i contemplate on something i have read and let it all soak in, or after a good meditation session. there is a stillness within, and it seems to extend outwards, beyond us. as if to reach out and stretch time, so that even time can bask in this special moment with us... and that is what this chapter makes me feel like...</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">By no means an easy one to write. on the surface, it is just two people getting closer while on a walk...</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">But they do come with their flaws, their demons, their fears, like anyone else. The beauty though is in the way your characters deal with the challenges. no running away, no blame games, no tantrums, no drama. instead a very mature, and a very conscious decision to rise above pettiness every single time. where ego has no place whatsoever. where patience pays. yet, each one rolling in emotions difficult to handle, difficult to come to terms with... wondering if anything, anything at all would be normal ever again, even if for a short time. and yet, never giving in... setting aside these feelings to be the strength for others...</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">there is sadness in every chapter, yet you end on a positive note, leaving us (yes us!) either breathless, reeling, peaceful, or grinning. and this is what i mean when i say, it is not easy... to constantly, as a writer, push the challenges that life throws at us down, and not make it the center of every chapter. to not let emotions, but actions, drive the characters.</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">the layers and depth in this story astounds me. each time i read, i come up with something new. a treasure trove indeed with human actions. with lessons on how to be.</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">leaves me wondering how much we are capable of as humans when we set our mind to it...</font>

<font size="3" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">kk</font>

This, right here is my inspiration!! What can one do after reading this? Gratified, overwhelmed, blessed, inspired, motivated and most importantly HUMBLED!

Thank you for saying it so evocatively!! _/\_ this is me attempting a namaste!
Namaste!

--MB

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ManKiBaathkushikumaricanapoem-Bhavi

kizh72 Goldie
kizh72
kizh72

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
I'm not the kind who makes lot of posts. Hell, I wasn't the kind who hung around on online forums,  not even social networking sites, until a certain desi soap happened! But your writing has compelled me to make a post here. Mira, what a beautiful story you are weaving, thank you for sharing your work with us. I've a feeling the name mira goes with fine writing, with the other meera (meera30) whose work one can't get enough of! There's something so poignant and real in your words.
And all those filter coffee references brings back the times when I have cribbed to my mom for not making me a coffee as strong as the one she made for my dadLOL At the risk of sounding blasphemous (in today's times, it can very well be!), nothing beats the south indian filter kaapi, starbucks be damned!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellkushikumariArshi67canapoem-Bhavi

AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Its amazing how no one has been painted a villain because really in real actual life very few people can be characterized as villains out and out...its always the circumstances which make us think/do something and I guess what stops you from turning out to be 'evil' is when you sit back and think about the decision you made and what led to it and then try and be the better of it...it would be easy to paint Maya as a villain if one goes by the society's demands of a 'mother' but one needs to understand where she came from...and I am intrigued to hear her story although Arnav has made what I said above rather clear already.

Also I like how they are both getting each other to talk about things they have tried to hide in some corner of their hearts for so long...if they were to ever have a relationship, more than they already do or lets just say the term I am not too fond of - official (because its a matter of the heart and since when does that have any need to be 'official'?) - this will be the foundation of it - conversation and reflection and drawing strength to do that from each other.

Good job! :)

Edited by AngelTeen - 02 June 2015 at 10:42pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

MirabellManKiBaathipkviewerkushikumariArshi67canapoem

neha2013g IF-Dazzler
neha2013g
neha2013g

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
loved the update Smile

Mirabell

aysemLDG IF-Dazzler
aysemLDG
aysemLDG

Posted: 03 June 2015 at 1:49am | IP Logged
In previous chapter Khushi talked to Arnav about NK's memories and now Arnav shared the happenings of Mohan's birth, Maya's illness. One step at a time and they will surely come much closer at the end of their trip. 

Khushi is struggling between her heart which is ready to beat for Arnav and mind which is full of insecurities, past and memories of last 10 years. On one hand, she finds the new family atmosphere consists of Mohan, Meera, Arnav and herself perfect and compatible. On the other hand, it scares her to move away from NK's safe environment. And that's why she creates excuses such as not finding herself worthy enough for Arnav. If only, her brain could accept what she saw and felt.  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mirabellkushikumaricanapoem

Go to top