Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Dear All

I am so sorry for absconding from this virtual world. There are too many reasons for me to go into here. But please do accept my apologies. It was not intentional.

I have traveled across the globe and have been playing sanskaari-bahu and daughter to my family in India. Between travel, jetlag and just meeting people it has been quite the challenge to write a paragraph, much less a chapter or an update. But I gave you my word and I wanted to keep it (albeit late.)

I promise that this story is progressing at the rate I want it to. I hope you will like it. If it falls short of your expectations, I am sorry. I will try harder next time.

Since I will be traveling for the next couple of weeks lengths and breaths in India, I will update when I am able to and in all likelihood it will be after I return to the US. 
Edited by Mirabell - 8 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail

Mirabell, I'm going to suggest a "moratorium" on your going away to door desh! Zaalim time difference :( All of us wanted to be here, so here goes  ...

@chotidesi

Ah, I've missed your updates! I hope you are having a lovely time in India, just like your Khushi... but perhaps minus the bandages for the little ones, yes? 😆 

I love how Meera and Mohan have grown attached. I don't think attachment makes itself known until it's about to be torn away for a little bit. It just creeps up on you, and then when you have to part, surprises you with its intensity. Khushi realizes that just as she witnesses Meera's sadness at leaving Arnav, how close they've gotten and how quickly it has happened. You made us feel that too- I knew they were getting closer, but I don't think I quite realized how powerful their bond was until they had to face the separation. 

You showed Arnav and Khushi as parents in this chapter. Their back and forth in the car, and the secret glances that only parents seem to know... it was hinging on that delicate line that becomes familial. I don't believe Khushi has quite realized the magnitude of that yet either, and I can't wait to see when she will.

Love always,

Choti. 

@Chokri_ASR

A update with your magically words woven together... how thy I missed the...  Your writing style captives the readers taking us along with the characters in the journey... absolutely beautiful!

My plight is similar to Meera's, it's so hard to let people go and knowing they won't be around you, it really makes you sad... Damn I miss my kids, and it wasn't easy letting them go to their Nani's place yesterday for a summer break... but like Arnav says they will see each other again. And I for one am looking forward to that being permanent.

Mohan is my jaan, I love that boy! And the fact that he noticed his father is happy says so much. Kids notice our feelings before we adults do. To see him improving makes me happy and brings out the tears that I try hard to hold back. Truly inspiring, and very touching.

Manu, you feel for her.. poor thing is stuck inbetween a very hard place. But in the end she will do the right thing for her two girls. It's all about making sure you're kids are happy, hamesha.

Loved the update, and love you! ❤️Missing you my SS... come back soon! 

@Arshi67

It was delightful seeing them laughing and enjoying being silly. But seeing Mohan's reaction to his father's joy and his innocent desire to see him remain that way melted my heart. Indeed, the directness and simplicity of a child's reasoning is disarming. It cuts through the clutter to the essence so easily. Reminding us of what truly matters. 

Can one dictate to one's heart to not speak to another? To one that's beckoning? Khushi may be on a mission but can she force her heart to now retreat? Meera certainly can't. Your heart goes out to this child. Melancholy is not a word this charming adorable girl should have any truck with. 

You show Manorama's feelings so poignantly. That conflict within her to accept what she senses.  But you always know that she will ultimately do what is right for her children. Swarth' is never going to win for this remarkable lady. She may reflect, contemplate on it, but never succumb to it. 

As you had said earlier, this house has a special aura. It's lowered the guards of so many, cocooned as they are in it's peacefulness. Now hoping the one's who've slipped in past those guards have made an indelible mark.

And Mirabell, woh jiska naam M se hai, kya woh always itne special hote hai

Edited by Arshi67 - 8 years ago
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my God, today is THE lucky day
Welcome back MB
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh MB, what a super duper update
The bond of meera, arnav and mohan is something which seems to be inseparable - so our squirt doesn't have to worry - her ASR will defo have a solution to all her problems
Good to know more about the insights of manorama -
Is my cutie pie meera falling sick. Will ASR keep her in his house because of her sickness - will khushi and Mano tooo stay with them - oh how I wish they could stay for some more time with our raizada family
I want mohan and meera to be happy MB

Thx for this awesome update -
Have a nice time in INdia - enjoy your time with your parents and in laws.
Take care
We will wait
ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

A lot of thoughts and a lot of feelings without the need for anyone saying!

I think we have reached that stage of the story where the understandings have taken over the apprehensions of every relationship. It is still going to be a long drive before the understandings can turn into anything meaningful. But with you at the helm Mira, I am sure the drive will be worth every twist and turn. We are all lucky that there are enough vantage points where we can sit back and relax and watch you zipping through that black strip.

Merriment and happiness, playful roughhousing, giggles and smirks, collective buffoonery - I had to read a second time just to make sure, this was really about removing band aid's from a kid😆. Somewhere in all that you also figured out a way to throw in the mole at the base of her nape, peck on his lips, and slipping out of his arms, it's no wonder Khushi could feel his eyes on her neck. And with all the happiness around, it's no wonder Mohan had a smile on his face and sense of accomplishment be please pleased with himself.

Manorama's might have realized that something is off here and she may need some more time to figure out an exact name for the relationship they share. But her thoughts reflect the mood of change that a few strangers bought in their life. Her two girls may be in tears fearing the loss of the cheers they had for the past few days. If she only looked closer, I am sure she can find the same tears on the strangers too. I am sure the ladies of the sisterhood of the sorrow' will figure out the conundrum😃.    

I have to admit that the drive on the black strip was the enjoyable one for me. I am glad Khushi, courtesy of the back seat, got her chance to elicit some of her gazing revenge👏. She can finally make her choice, one glimpse at a time for long drive ahead. I am also glad that the smirks, winks and frowns are back. She might have won the first round or should I say, he lost of the first round? Or should I say, he made her win the first round? But, who would be keeping score when everyone playing is winning😉.

This chapter is just another example on how much we miss your cool summer breeze of writing. Now that you have ended on a promise of a long drive, I am sure it can only get better from here😉

Edited by bhavali4RR - 8 years ago
nitrit95 thumbnail
love the way u write abt each chaacter  beautiful story n beautiful characters thk u
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Beautiful Update..Simply Awesome...👏
roopathomas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank u for the update.. Was waiting impatiently for it. "The black strip of the road was being eaten by the zipping car, the road endless and the ride smooth."... Proves again that u write beautifully... 
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
waiting to see how they work out a plan tomeet
orchids8888 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank u for updating...😃
The update is fabulous...👏 Loving this story🤗

Hope so Arnav & Khushi give their relation another chance & this time dont let go off the other... This time it should be, "Death do us apart thing" for Arnav & Khushi

Please try & update quickly...