Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

salikaa_chitts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Fantastic update, Di!!
Thoroughly enjoyed. Loved the conversation between mohan and Arnav.
The last few paragraphs is *wow*
Thanks for the mail. Eagerly waiting for the next update:)
-Salikaa:D
DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I had read the first few chapters and then lost track of the story. Just caught up with it this afternoon

Started reading it, ignored all my work, missed meeting someone just to read whatever you had written. That alone should speak more than whatever words I might have.

It is a beautiful, sensitive portrayal of second chances, of a love lost, the vaccum in your life when your partner is no longer by your side, to be an emotional anchor when you are falling apart yourself, the beauty of wonderful friendships that are your bedrock, the despair of a father unable to hold his child, the grief and  fear of not knowing whatwill happen to your child, the determination to make everything ook for him, the helplessness of not being able to do enough...

There are so many emotions, and ,threads running through the story that they completely tie you to the story. Sumitra Raizada who yearns for her child to finally have some happiness, who worries what will happen to her great grandchild when they are all gone...

Manorma who has had to grieve for her husband and then her son... a mother who sees her daughter living with memories, young, grieving her life away... a mother who needs to deal with her own demons but yet has the courage to do what is right by her daughter...

Meera who misses her father, yet tries to be mature for her mother and finds a father figure in Arnav...

Mohan.. the child who shies away from touch yet allows the innocence of another child reach out to him...

And Arnav? What can I say? Need I say anything at all? He is a man that every woman wants in her life.  My heart goes out to a man who wants too hold and cuddle his child but can't most times because his child shies away from his touch...

And I am intrigued to hear Maya's story... I am intrigued, much like Khushi, why the child stays with Arnav... I am sure she has her reasons and I am trying not to be judgemental but the child seems to be much more Arnav's responsibility than hers. Or maybe that's the way you have written and obviously we are seeing only one side of the story... but whenever I see Maya in the story, she is airy, breezy and more focused on Arnav and his lobe life than Mohan, other than an occasional hand holding with Arnav when Mohan laughs...

Its almost like Mohan is  apart of her life that she acknowledges and accepts his ASD but emotionally is happy to watch from afar. Of course kids who suffer from autism, do tend to be rather focused and are likely to be more inclined towards one parent ... so maybe dealing with post partum depression Maya couldn't give him anytime which is why he connected with Arnav but I dunno, I find her emotionally detached and not connected at all with Mohan. It is like she is being a young girl again. I am probably wrong and will regret my words later but that's what I feel as of now.
 And I get Sumitra's concern when she says what when Maya has her own children? 

Lovely characters, wonderfully etched out story, you have captured Khushi's despair and her sense of loss so wonderfully - its almost as if you have known what it is like to loose someone.

Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 8 years ago
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
MB, where do I start dear
the last three updates have turned out to be the most sensational ones

MB, pls don't get me wrong but iam reading this story mainly for my NK, Meera and Mohan than for ARHI - I have sidelined arhi in this story - my order of favourites among the star cast would be as follows : NK, Meera, Mohan, Khushi, Arnav, Manorama, Nani ... I have a feeling that slowly Manorama and Nani would surpass Khushi and Arnav in the list. I just love the way you portray each and every character in this story - the importance given to each and every character is simply mind blowing MB - I just cant believe that this is your debut work - u write like a pro.
hats off to you MB

..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved Arnav's interaction with meera and mohan!!!
The ending but was my favorite
Lovely update as usual...never wanted the update to end 
shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Finally I took the plunge and finished all 24 chaps in last 2-3 days. I had saved this for a rainy day.
I had considered to be quite emotional so was a bit reluctant to start as it makes me a weeping willow.
But all the waterworks finally happened and am glad that I got to read abt start of happy phase (I suppose) of this story!! I mean how can one resist Arnav- Singh- Dish (or Delicious??)- Raizada.
   Really thankful to you for writing this story as writers like you keep it alive in Arshiworld.  Still I wish you had entered the scene a bit earlier when me and many others were pretty active on the forum.
But better late than never.
You have sketched the characters and story beautifully. I hope you will soon throw some linght on Arnav-Maya equation. Thats the only thing which I couldnt quite get.Can exes be this comfortable and  this trusting and friendly with each other? Feels surreal..

Also happy that Khushi is finally taking baby steps towards her own happiness and accepting her needs and Arnav as well.
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Waiting for the next update eagerly.. 
just4this thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Mira 10 th is very far pls give us a teaser till then so that we will be speculating on it pls ,pretty pls
Thanks in advance
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome chapter...kids do not have inhibitions while expressing how much they want something...hope we elders are like that too...felt sad for meera...she misses her father so much...she doesnot want to leave ASR and go too...Mohan is improving a lot...so many changes in the kid...loved Nani too...she is trying to understand her grandson's past with Khushi...thanks for the PM
Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
I am writing this note to inform you that I am unable to update this Friday as promised. I have an emergency (work) in my life and all of energies and attention will be required on that front. I apologize. If all goes well, I hope to update later next week. I am not sure at this point.

I have been privileged to hold your love and your interest for Second Chances. I do not treat that lightly. I am grateful for your support. 

I will come back and finish the story. That is a promise I make. Till my next update, I will leave you with the hope that you will join me again.

--MB

Edited by Mirabell - 8 years ago
just4this thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Take care ,we will wait,
And keep us posted
Thanks for the note .
Good luck