Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Removed. Available on Blog. Request Access. 

Edited by Mirabell - 8 years ago
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I love the inner thoughts of these characters in this chapter. You gave us more of a glimpse into their minds, including Mohan and Meera. Mohan' thought process was so adorable! I felt myself smiling whenever I read his name. He thinks so... Logically. There are no grey areas, only black and white. There is something about his blunt thought process that is so refreshing- that's true of most children, isn't it? There's an innocence there, a naivety that they lose as they grow older. But mohan hasn't, and that endears him to me even further.

Meera's thought process is such a contrast to his- she's mature beyond her years, aged by the death of her father. She knows consequences, she knows that not everything is always clear cut, just as she reveals when she asks Arnav that question. But yet... she still has that innocence. She wants to believe that everything will be okay, and I love that about her. The sobs that appear when she realizes Arnav is leaving... Uff, I just wanted to pull her into my arms and wipe all of that sadness away.

I loved the children and Nani the most in this chapter- I liked Nani's gentle probing, that curiosity that every person seems to have but is amplified in the elderly, tinged by wisdom. But I also loved Khushi revealing her vulnerabilities- she's such a fortress, she tries to be so strong and it was heartbreaking and amazing to see her showing Arnav that. He can understand, and at some point... I hope she'll realize that her insecurities won't drive him away, but will make him more determined to be her salve.

Really well done- as always :)

Love always,
ChotiEdited by chotidesi - 8 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Res

This update had in it the unfurling of so many hearts. A sharing of fears, of insecurities, with Arnav having the heart to bear it all. To comfort, to assuage, to absorb. 

You've shown Khushi go through a whole array of emotions. I loved this line "She looked for regret within, instead found lightness in her being." And that lightness is so beautifully brought out by you. It fills me with joy reading it :) As for the the "aankhein bolti hain" conversation they had, and the palat ... swoon. 

Mirabell, her near melt down was really well written. Each fearful thought crossing her mind laid bare to the reader to feel. Living it with her. 

I simply adore Meera. The way she tells Arnav that it's okay to not miss his parents, shows the deep empathy and compassion she carries within her. This desire to not hurt the feelings of others even while grappling with your own pain is not something most adults can do leave alone an almost nine year old. 

Mohan's giggle indeed was a wish fulfilled for his father. The "silliness" he so wanted his child to indulge in. Mohan's innocent but immense faith in his father to be able to fix things was heartwarming. The relationship they share again evident in that "fix it" being both a command and matter of fact. 

Naniji is a wonderful lady. That ability to know when to push and when to step back is not to be scoffed at. That tender hand stroking Arnav's head ... one can never be too old for that touch to soothe. 

And now lamba intezaar :(

Edited by Arshi67 - 8 years ago
Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
This update for me had bittersweet moments, all of them perfectly timed with the right amount of emotions that you get lost in the moment, every word had me captivated. 

You try to fight back your tears seeing a little girl without her father. And she is right. Which child would want to let go of the man that made up her world... she was a daddy's girl... Meera my baby, hold onto those memories for long as you can. What I also saw was how attached she is getting to her ASR... will Khushi also see this? And will this help solidify her relationship? After all this is also Meera's second chance... isn't it?  Though Arnav might not take NK's place, but he certainly can fill in the gap.

Mohan is a cuite pie, Bas! I love this little boy... yes Meera is sad... and his solution to fix her is right on. And I loved that he has faith in his father, the man has been there for him, and now he wants him to be there for Meera. Now that itself is very telling!

Nani is one cool cat, yes she is. She wants happiness back in her grandson's life, but her fondness for Khushi and Meera is growing. There is a bond forming between them and its wonderful to see.

My heart cried for Khushi... the fears are still fresh inside her three years later as if it was three months ago. I am glad she spoke about them to Arnav... and now Arnav can see how deep those fears are. Khushi to me is still grieving, the question is will she allow Arnav to help through it?

Well I most certainly hope she does... 

As always, a wonderful update my dear writer guru!
Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago
ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
After a long absence , resing

Two people who are trying to hide and contain happiness and with as much success as trying and holding water with your fingers.  

A child who wants to create new memories still hanging on to old memories.

Another child whose always unadulterated feelings showing concern about his friend being sad.

A woman who trained her mind to see the good in everything and anything.

A chapter with all those people and Mira's magical touch does make everything look crisper and cleaner😃. And no points for guessing how I slept last night😉.

If the last chapter was about passion then I would call this chapter as a happy side effect of that😊. Yes, as you so eloquently said without saying that true happiness is not about the big events of life but the daily innumerable little things that happen around us. Feeling like you want, eating the food you like, being with the people you like, being at a place you like. And also, it is so surprisingly hidden in odd places, quiet corners and for me, usually a foregone conclusion especially after a night where heart gets what it desires, never minding the mind warnings😃.

The other thing I liked about the last few chapters is that the adults of the household aka Sumitra and Manorama are slowly getting involved in knowing of Arshi. Knowing the concern, respect and admiration they have for Arshi, I don't foresee any "adult problems". But it is so interesting that they all equate being cared for and caring for someone else on such equal terms, it probably explains some of the Khushi's reluctance or hesitation on leaving something behind and gaining something new.   

I guess I want to make up for missing the last chapter comments and want to probably go on for forever about this story, but I will keep this short in the interest of readers.  But, as my parting request, now that the lips and tongues are reacquainted, please make sure the proximity and meetings between them are on and more often😉.
Edited by bhavali4RR - 8 years ago
shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Yay! This is a wonderful surprise. My Friday looks bright all of a sudden ! Can't wait Thank you! 
Edited- ok since I have this spot here I decided to write my comments here. I'm learning all about these famous 'res' s lol! 

What a wonderful update! Today after going through a stressful week at work my boss let us all go home half hour early. She asks me are you doing anything exciting today to kick start the weekend and I'm like I am home alone so probably will indulge my OCD and clean some more. She said you should do something exciting like go for a movie or dinner etc etc and I'm thinking to myself - I'm all alone this weekend and she says have fun? But then I forgot about this Friday update part and I was just checking IF when I saw your res for the update and just like that my Friday got exciting. 

The happiness I get reading your updates far exceeds any of those fun activities mentioned above. Coming home on Fridays and chilling on the couch with your update is my kind of heaven ! What a wonderful update it was. I read and re read and my smile just gets wider and wider. That's all I can say while I drown in this blissful feeling some more and continue enjoying myself with your update.  I wish I can give you a nice big hug but I guess this will have to do for now. Thank you 🤗
Edited by shyamidutt - 8 years ago
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
I thought second chances was for two individual that were unable to have love in their lives Hamesha. But i was so wrong.
Its about the child who will have a chance to have a man in her life whom she can consider as DAD;
its about the sibling who will look up to some one and then behave like her giving chance to the challenged kid to live life like a normal person.
Its about the mother who can see that her family is filled with happiness yet again and that his son have his share of happiness yet again in life.
Its about having the picture perfect family despite all the odds in their otherwise complicated lives.

Mira, this story is one of those which should never end. The complexity of the subject is weaved in with simplicity yet its so intriguing. 👏 👏

Mohan reading Meera and asking his dad to fix her like Legos. Not sure if it was supposed to bring in fun element or was it just to show us his progress. But that for sure brought in chuckle.😆 Mohan sitting in Arnav's lap and then allowing his dad a hug brought smile.

Meera missing her dad and getting upset of leaving another father figure and yet did not want to forget her father - It made me wonder can i be like her? 😕 

Your nani is super Nani😃 

And Khushi shedding all those withheld tears and discussing her insecurities and fears along with accepting the fact of her equation with Arnav. 

This chapter is one pivotal in your FF. So many things happened. Isn't it? Not sure is it just me who feels it like it or is it what it is supposed to be? 

Edited by -Bhavi - 8 years ago
maina95131 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a great way to kickoff my vacation week...
Beautiful update. 

I just love the interactions between Arnav and Meera; meera and  Mohan. Meera getting attached to Arnav. Mohan tells his dad to fix her bc she is sad. 

Can't wait for the next update...
Edited by maina95131 - 8 years ago
LadyR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
There's a first time for everything - RES !!!
Apologies I will un res but family emergency - hence a slight delay ...

Response on page 119
Edited by LadyR - 8 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
MB, another awesome update.
Khushi is accepting the physical attraction between them and as you said the winds have changed direction. Now Khushi cannot go back to being just NK's widow, I think that ship has sailed. Even if she goes back to US, rejecting Arnav again, she can never be the same person she was before meeting Arnav. She will never be able to justify that she is just NK's widow now. 

Now is the time Khushi to take that step forward and fight your demons.

MB, a big big thank  you for visualising a character like Arnav in this story. 

Can anyone be so selfless like him???

He has no bad feelings regarding his ex-wife, infact he wishes her all the happiness she deserves, he almost takes care of his son alone, his love for Meera is so pure - he wants Meera to hold on to her dad's memories yet is trying to fill the void left behind by NK, Same with Khushi  - he wants to give her the love and happiness she deserves, yet assures her that she need not forget NK at all. Can anyone be as selfless like him? do such people really exist in this world?

He is a giver. He is a man with such a big heart and he has so much love to give everyone.
You know MB, I wish he gets all that love he has for others in return too. I wish someone loves him much more than he even expects from them and I wish someone fills his life with joy, happiness and lots and lots of love.

Can Khushi be that someone???

Mohan is also close to his dad in giving. Kids usually hate to share even their smallest of toys, yet this boy is even ready to share his dad, whom he adores. He wants Meera to be happy, he hates to see tears in her eyes, he wants to fix her sorrows. He surely has taken after his dad in giving and spreading love.

Finally the third person who is again so selfless is giving love is Nandini. I love her character a lot. She is one such person who only believes in spreading love probably expecting nothing in return. Either be it the way she has taken care of Khushi or now how she is taking care of Manorama, I love this Nandu bua a lot.

MB, a big hug and a big thank you to you for giving us such characters who have etched permanent place on our reader's hearts.
Edited by canapoem - 8 years ago