Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Mirabell

A very dear reader, Anukap, forwarded a link to me yesterday, an article written by Sheryl Sandburg, "Choosing Life and Finding Meaning 30 Days After Dave's Tragic Death."

I had not read it and I am so grateful to Anukap for sharing it with me. Will you read it? It has insight into grief and loss. It is also about resiliency of the human spirit. It speaks to making choices for ourselves.

It is so closely tied to what Second Chances are all about.

I hope you will read it.

❤️

I read the article yesterday night but couldn't comment then as I had problem in collecting my thoughts after the article. I didn't lose anyone dear to me, of course I lost my grandparents, uncle but losing the closest one must be much more painful than any others. That's why, I don't know how those who lost their loved ones might feel. 

After reading the article, I realized that when I meet someone who lost their loved ones recently, I couldn't express my sympathy or offer condolence. I just behave as if nothing happening. I always avoid talking about the death, in front of the family members of the dead people. Because I know whatever I talk, whatever I do won't change anything. Because the pain only belongs to loved ones to share, not to some outsider. Even if I can feel sympathy, understanding the degree of pain of those is too difficult. Because an outsider can forget and move on easily but those people will always have to live with that pain, maybe the pain will lessen in time but will not disappear completely.

kiran1992 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I just want to say thankyou so much for sharing the article...
It means a lot to me...
Not in a mind to write anything more...
sunitikapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Anukap and MB for sharing this article.
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Your blog doesn't like me. So here I am 😃

Is there anything I can put in words that will fully and precisely articulate what I feel about this story and what it made me feel? I highly doubt it.  I'll make an attempt anyway.

I have rarely seen anyone write about grief the way you do - enough detachment to be precise and so much empathy to make it palpable. I feel my own gut twist every tim Khushi misses her Naren - and every time the inner war with her own conscience leaves her miserable. Every time she feels like she was born only to be abandoned. Sigh.

And there is Arnav - the gentle giant. I love that title Maya has bestowed upon this wonderful, kind, mysterious man. And a dish, of course! I will wait for you to tell me what exactly or how he made that decision to come to her doorstep after all these years. But am I glad he did - or we wouldn't have this wonderful story!

Mano makes me miss my own Paati - the woman who raised me and loved me more than anyone else. My role model and the finest woman I ever knew. And who left us all too early. And theres Meera - that chubby, perceptive little sweetheart.

But I think my favourite bits about this story are Mohan, and the relationship between Maya and Arnav.

Because it is so easy to judge Maya - and say that she was irresponsible and made all the wrong choices. That she is unworthy. But Arnav sees her for the person she is - he is able to empathise with her and her motivations. What a man, this Arnav! And how did you conjure up this fine character? I am in complete awe!

And there is Mohan - people don't even get child characters right, and you managed to make this young boy with ASD sink right into our hearts with the sheer realism and sensitivity in your writing. I was blown, really. And that scene where Mohan and Meera laugh that first time - I kid you not, I was in tears. I am rarely this overwhelmed.

I was always a fan of yours. Now I am this close to being a groupie :D Take a bow, Mira! What a fine story you have here - and thank you so much for sharing this with us!

PS - I could also go on and on about how well you tackled the whole idea of what is expected of a widow in society and how that confuses her about her own feelings - unable to differentiate between what is real and what is forced. But I'll save that for a later day, yeah?  

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Are we going to get a teaser this time too???? 
Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: vgedin

Your blog doesn't like me. So here I am 😃

I hate that my blog is unfriendly. I wonder why.

Thank you Twiggy.. Coming from another awesome author like yourself is supremely flattering. I was in love with your Polemic story. Your Arnav, the middle child, was/is drool-worthy! :)

sweety421 thumbnail
Give us a teaser plz... like plzzz
deeswarna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thx for sharing this article mira. all i can say that no one will really understand wat one goes through when losing someone they love unless they are in the same position...
Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Ok. so folks asked for a teaser... and this time... it is a song... You can go ahead and speculate ...

Phir le aaya dil majboor kya keeje
Raas na aaya rehna door kya keeje
Dil keh raha use maqammal kar bhi aao
Wo jo adhoori si baat baaki hai
Wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki hai
Wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki hai

Karte hain hum aaj qabool kya keeje
Ho gayi thi jo humse bhool kya keeje
Dil keh raha use mayassar kar bhi aao
Wo jo dabi si aas baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si aanch baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si aanch baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si... aanch baaki hai

Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje
Milte rahe hum badastoor kya keeje
Dil keh raha hai use musalsal kar bhi aao
Wo jo ruki si raah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83_H6cAQ16Q&list=RD83_H6cAQ16Q#t=243[/YOUTUBE]
Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Ahhh... I love this song...🤗  Love the teaser!

Now let's hope these two follow their hearts...❤️

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago