ArShi FF- Second Chance Updated-21/7 Pg 24

Posted: 8 years ago

Hi,

I am new here, and this is my first attempt to write anything. This will be like a M&B novel because I am a big fan. Also this story is inspired by Lynne Graham's book.

Hope you enjoy it. Please refer to the following post for first update.

Anvha

PART 1 Pg 1 Blast from the past

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4373561&PID=122478471&#p122478471

PART 2 Pg 5 A Bomb Named Rena

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4373561&PID=122567766&#p122567766

PART 3 Pg 10 Accident waiting to happen

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4373561&PID=122705288&#p122705288

PART 4 Pg 14 You look like me

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4373561&PID=122888071&#p122888071

PART 5 Pg 17 Not even for Rena

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4373561&PID=123123223&#p123123223

PART 6 Pg 24 You have no choice

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/124960994

Edited by anvha - 8 years ago

Blast from the past

Khushi looked at the figure of her sleeping daughter and thought of the day. It had been an exhausting day. She had been called to work on Saturday. She had to leave Rena with her elderly aunt, which had been a battle.

"Why do I have to stay with nani? I am nine, can take care of myself." Rena had said.

"We have had this discussion before."Khushi had replied.

"I wanna talk about it now." Rena argued.

"Can we do it in the afternoon? Please, pretty please." She had been desperate. She could not have left her alone in the home and she has had to leave immediately only then would she have made it to the client meeting on time.

Looking at her pleading face, her stubborn daughter had thawed a bit.

"Ok, but only if I get my favourite ice-cream," she said winking at Khushi.

"Ok done. But only one."

When she had finally reached the office, she was called directly to Mayank, her boss's office. As she stepped over the threshold she noticed the clients were already with Mayank. They were sitting facing the boss, looked like a rich couple. When she looked a little more closely, the man looked familiar. She got a tingly feeling and her gut instinct told her to turn and run and keep running. If only she had listened.

As she stepped into the room, Mayank introduced her to the clients.

"Mr Raizada, meet Khushi." Mayank introduced her to the clients. She stood frozen on the spot. It was a face she had never wanted to see again. The face of the man who had destroyed everything she held dear.

"Khushi meet Mr Raizada and his associate." Mayank was saying, "She will assist you."

"Don't you have anybody else?" Arnav demanded.

"She is one of the most experienced employees." Mayank said, but he was clearly dismayed. "If you can give me a minute, I will brief her."

Arnav gave a hard look and left the office with Lavanya. Apparently they were still going strong.

"Khushi what is wrong with you? You could have at least smiled. They are one of our important clients. We get a lot of business from them." Mayank was saying. When she didn't respond, he touched her on the shoulder and asked again a little concerned, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I would do better Mayank. Sorry for the abrupt switch off. Which properties are we talking about?" she asked Mayank.

"I wish Raj was here. But he had to have flu. Are you also coming down with it? Better take some meds. I don't want another one of you down."

"Look at this file all the details along with the owner's details are in it. They were Raj's client. But we don't have much option." She badly wanted to point out that if he had not been gender biased then they could very well have had been her clients. But she was left to deal with middle and upper middle class, the seriously rich were left for the golden boy Raj.

"Ok boss. I got it. See you in a bit."

Arnav and Lavanya were waiting for her beside his chauffeur driven Merc. After giving her a furious look he opened the gate for Lavanya to get in and went around. She was left to take the seat beside the chauffeur. Not that she minded, she was glad for a little distance. She was wondering what he had to be angry about. She was the one who was wronged.

She directed the driver to the address given in the folder. But halfway there and they got stuck in traffic. Mumbai was like that, always a traffic jumble. Even the taxis here charged for the time and not the distance. There meter ran by seconds.

"I have to get down ASR. I have a meeting," Lavanya said to Arnav.

Arnav just nodded and pointed to the driver to stop at the curb.

It was a silent ride then on. Both of them were fuming but neither said a word. It felt like ages but finally they were dropped at the destination.

"What can you tell me about the property?" Arnav finally asked. She knew next to nothing. She had never dealt with higher end properties. She just opened her mouth and closed it again turning pink with embarrassment.

Arnav gave her a furious look, told her to read the folder in her hands and walked away. Khushi followed. They were greeted by the owner themselves. Once Khushi introduced Arnav to the owners they took over the entertaining the great owner of AR group of industries. An hour later she was wondering how much more time would they take, when they returned.

Arnav looked surprised to find me there.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"My job." she replied tersely. He just took her elbow and stirred her towards the Merc now waiting by the entrance. When he opened the back door for her, she resisted and said, "I would take a cab back. I hope you were satisfied with the services."

"Not yet but I will be." He said with an odd non-smile. After forcing her in, he got in and indicated to the driver to drive.

"So what have you been doing for the last few years?" He asked.

"Working," she replied.

"That I can see. But I was wondering what happened to the settlement money. Don't take me wrong I am glad you are working. But it was a lot of money." Arnav said.

"What money? I have always worked. I didn't take anything from you."

"The payoff was worth it." Silence stretched between them. In the silence she relived the memory of his weight on her, of his lips bruising hers with passion, of his hands in her hands, laying on the grass aside the Raizada's private beach. She relived the months of misery after their marriage and the oblivion of losing a child.

"I didn't need a payoff. I would have run far and wide without it. I didn't demand any money, nor did I take any. If you would have given me money to stay, I wouldn't have. I would still have left."

"Can you just drop me here, my office is not far. I can walk. You would be hearing from Raj on Monday. Goodbye Mr Raizada. "

She got down and went home. The office would have closed by now; Raj could take care of the mess.

She took Rena to the nearest ice cream parlour, where she ate her favourite chocolate cone and chattered about school, homework, new girl, the swing in a nearby park. Khushi took her to that swing and they both played till evening.

After dinner Rena was sleeping and Khushi was looking at her wondering what money was Arnav talking about.

Edited by anvha - 8 years ago
loved it...do pm me ur updates...
Originally posted by sarunlicious..

Interesting..
thank you. I am hoping to keep if interesting.

Originally posted by swtsam

loved it...do pm me ur updates...
Thank you. I will pm you

Originally posted by Uzii

Nice story
thank you
Loved it dear...interesting start. ...do continue soon...
Very interesting. 
However I hope you continue and complete it.

I am saying this because I really find your concept very different and interesting and the way it's written is awesome. 

So please continue.

I hope I didn't offend you.

All the best :-)

Originally posted by sweety421

Loved it dear...interesting start. ...do continue soon...
thank you

Originally posted by tanu_15

looking forward to it
thank you

Originally posted by renee.bee

Very interesting. 
However I hope you continue and complete it.

I am saying this because I really find your concept very different and interesting and the way it's written is awesome. 

So please continue.

I hope I didn't offend you.

All the best :-)

thank you for your honest opinion and no it doesn't offend. I have read a lot of stories which author left midway and I know the feeling. 
LOVED        D   START...
LOOKING         4WARD        2   READ      MORE...
HEYLOS...
MUAHAHHH<3⭐️
It's amazingly fantabulous ...👏
How r u newbie?
Wonder poor me ...
Hmm ...😊
PM ME sweetie pie...😳
And and ...
Buddy me too...
And ya...
It was not ur first ff right ?😲