Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj80 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
basically it's not support but the wannabes who r calling the verdict unfair and creating ruckus... Edited by raj80 - 8 years ago
raj80 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swati82

The Crimes for sure. Industry supporting him is fine, but it's when they get defensive of what he's done, blame the victim's, disrespect the judgement and claim that salman's charity work somehow erases the crimes he caused, that's where it gets crazy 

agree...
JhakaasAccio thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tanya.91

people here are master of twisting others words.

I guess NO ONE, not even his fans, are justifying the act or condemning court's decision..I yet have to read a comment like this here on IF.

What most fans are saying is that it was NOT a PRE PLANNED murder, there was NO INTENTION behind it..it was an ACCIDENT, irresponsibility, YES, but ANY person BE IT SALMAN OR ANYONE should NOT be ridiculed, mocked, insulted and what not by a bunch of haters (here on IF) for a very unfortunate incident/accident for which he and his family went through a never ending series of trauma and distress since last 13 years, and now he got a jail sentence of 5 years...

THINK, and try to be human, for a change.

Okay chalo we'll take the reason as it was an "ACCIDENT" . Others have already mentioned the other point here about running away after the crime so i'll not even talk about that. But what about the lying? If your Salman is such a better man why is he not accepting his crime? Why was he going to stand & watch his driver take the blame for his actions? Why did he let a honest man who spoke the truth die cause of his lying? I'm not saying people don't lie & everyone is perfect but why make him sound like the ''messiah" of thousands of people because he has done charity and helped people. If he could let Ravindra Patil die because of his lying & let Ashok Singh take the blame for him- what's the use of all that charity then? I'm sorry none of his humatarian acts make any sense then if he has no guilt conscious. Cause acceptance is the first step to repentance!
Also I'm sorry for this statement I'll make- but god forbid if any of your close ones is in a 'DRUKEN' accident, would you be as forgiving as you are with Salman? Everyone loves their close ones and if another's person irresponsibility is the cause of death of a close one of mine, I'm sorry it cannot be forgiven easily because the loss is irreplaceable. An accident can be a mistake but a DRUKEN accident is not - it's a crime.

PS : Disclaimer : the above statement I said is just a hypothetical situation and I do not wish that to happen to any of his fans or ANYONE for that matter 🤔Edited by MaybeSomeday - 8 years ago
Guzara_Waqt thumbnail
Actually its difficult to choose one because in past two days we have learned that where is humanity going ?! I think it will be not surprising if BW celebs n other common people committ bigger crime n don't regret.

Salman's got punishment still he doesn't feel he did wrong Is what make him Angel?
JhakaasAccio thumbnail
^^ Also I forgot to mention above - not even fans are condemning court's decisions? Well I don't know who trended #UnfairVerdictSalman yesterday then 😆

Well the 13 yrs of "trauma & distress" he wouldn't have had to face if he had accepted his crime and not mislead the court by his pathetic lies It's not like the court was forcing Salman to NOT confess o.O if he wanted to not go through the trauma of 13 yrs he should've confessed it's not like the court took the time of an innocent man 🥱 also how many of you know that in the middle of the trial Salman demanded a retrial so that he could blame the drunk ward boy, the tampering of his blood sample and drunk Ravindra Patil > which delayed the process more.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Frankly, I am not surprised at the "support" meted out by so many. I know human nature too well that I am not a bit surprised. I've seen such sychophancy, idiocy all my life. And you will see such stupidity till the end of world.

What I worse is ofcourse the crime that injured a few and killed one... Just because of negligence. Just because he didn't listen to his driver/constable/whoever.
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I feel both the crime and industry supporting him is ridiculous! But whats worse is fans supporting him. Seriously I mean it. Industry walas are all alike...wether we agree or not...everybody is damn selfish and this includes even my favourites. So unse I can expect anything. But normal educated and aware citizens of the country supporting Salman is total non-sense. And why? Because probably they wont be able to see his movie for next five years? Bullshit. Dammit just imagine if in place of that dead guy it was someone from your loved ones. If someone from your family was walking on that footpath that fateful night? Would you still say it was an "unintentional" crime and defend him?  Heights of stupidity. 
Colossial thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

I was thinking of this while reading that topic about Ranbir's comments on the situation a few hours ago but might as well say it here since it applies to the industry as a whole and that's relevant to the title...perhaps someone has already voiced a similar opinion and I may have missed it. If people are expecting that anyone associated with Bollywood will publicly go against Salman, it's pretty naive because:

1. Salman has clout - people won't speak against him because he is successful and he is an integral part of the industry when it comes to finances (many people's careers are linked to his); going against him will harm the status quo.

2. Salman's cronies in Bollywood will remain around even if he goes to jail and eventually he will finish his time and return.

3. Salman's fanbase is still present in the audience. Actors who are promoting their movies right now and being questioned about this cannot afford to piss the Bhai crowd off at the risk of alienating a sizeable chunk of the audience. Even more than that, they cannot afford to give statements against Salman publicly which will orient the Bhai lynch mob towards them, resulting in encouragement of a boycott of their movies. They want Bhai's audience.

First and third point are extremely relevant because no one wants to hurt business and lose money. Second point is important because no one wants to speak up against wrongdoing if it could result in the development of a personal feud with others in the industry. The feuding again will also most likely harm monetary prospects, opportunities, dynamics, etc., so...why bother? At the end of the day, Bollywood is a business, not an NGO...people like Ranbir are probably internally overjoyed, but they can't take up the onus of playing social justice warriors when their films are to release in a few days. On the contrary, their supportive/positive comments at such a time may help them gain some little trust of the vulnerable or gullible part of the Bhai crowd, who may go watch their movies.

It's not right. But few things in the entertainment industry are right anyways.

EDIT: On Topic though - What's worse? Salman's actions of course. People's commentary or support/opposition has little effect when the real crux of the matter lies between what he did and what the law decided to do about it.

I agree with you here. Bollywood is just supporting Salman due his fanbase which is required by others to make their movie hit and themselves superstars.
Colossial thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Malika

I feel both the crime and industry supporting him is ridiculous! But whats worse is fans supporting him. Seriously I mean it. Industry walas are all alike...wether we agree or not...everybody is damn selfish and this includes even my favourites. So unse I can expect anything. But normal educated and aware citizens of the country supporting Salman is total non-sense. And why? Because probably they wont be able to see his movie for next five years? Bullshit. Dammit just imagine if in place of that dead guy it was someone from your loved ones. If someone from your family was walking on that footpath that fateful night? Would you still say it was an "unintentional" crime and defend him?  Heights of stupidity. 

Well fans are generally blind so common sense does not works for them.
sharif_lafungi thumbnail
industrial support is reasonable considering their proffessional lyf is on stake...still those feel it wrong are mum... i liked ranbir's statement md many others...
but general ppl here are taking idiocity to a new height...he committed a crime... fine its an ACCIDENT...but a crime is a crime... big or less is irrelevant...crime has a punishment... not only that...he ran too...nd kept running till now nd is still looking for it...which is sad...
nd his supporters are justifying it by it being a mistake or accident...nd the most pathetic excuse is his BREAKUP??? seriously... !!!!
13 years of distress nd further 5 of loneliness nd all the crap...
what abt those who were having hope of getring justice since those same 13 years nd will mourn for the life of their lost one for the rest of their lyf ????
what can be more shameful...he will go to jail(maybe)... will come out...will make movies again...
can anyone see how the mentality of indian youth is reflecting in this??
its lyk... a rich person should not be punished BCOZ he gives us entertainment...