Mahakumbh

Gautam Rode: Mahakumbh was always supposed to go off air after 120ep

Sadia_JenAm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/gautam-rode-mahakumbh-was-always-supposed-to-go-off-air-after-120-episodes/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=bollywood

EXCLUSIVE!: The Life OK show will soon come to an end
After Saraswatichandra on Star Plus, Gautam Rode took up Mahakumbh, a supernatural thriller which revolves around seven guardians of amrit jal (holy water) and how the Secret Society tries to attain it.

It was decided right from the start that the show will be a finite series. We just hear that the last episode of the show will be aired on July 9. Gautam Rode said, "Mahakumbh was always supposed to end in 120 episodes and that is how it is. The makers haven't extended or reduced the story because of TRPs." If that is true then the show is soon drawing to a close.

"There is still about two more months for the show and we've shot for only about 80 episodes till date," claims the actor. So how has the response been for the show? "It has been fairly decent," replied Gautam.

The actor has already begun to get offers for other daily soaps and shows to host. So will we be seeing the actor doing something new after Mahakumbh? Gautam answered, "I have been getting a lot of offers, but I haven't really thought of it. Once Mahakumbh gets over I will think about my next show. Until then I just want to focus on this show."

Frankly, we wish to see Rode doing something interesting and romantic. What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Strong hunch: The new show's genre could be rom-com. 
Thank god, the pseudo intellectual and preachy crap called MK is ending. Can't even stand it now. So much potential, so willfully wasted. I never expected UN to disappoint big time with concepts and plot devices that are so obviously derivative and tiresome. ðŸ¥±
Sadia_JenAm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Veritaserum

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Strong hunch: The new show's genre could be rom-com.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Thank god, the pseudo intellectual and preachy crap called MK is ending. Can't even stand it now. So much potential, so willfully wasted. I never expected UN to disappoint big time with concepts and plot devices that are so obviously derivative and tiresome.🥱</font>

Utkarsh has stopped writing for mahakumbh since this week.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Yeh, saw UN's tweets. Hope all is well. 
Minionite thumbnail

Strong hunch: The new show's genre could be rom-com. 

Thank god, the pseudo intellectual and preachy crap called MK is ending. Can't even stand it now. So much potential, so willfully wasted. I never expected UN to disappoint big time with concepts and plot devices that are so obviously derivative and tiresome. ðŸ¥±

Can't agree more. This show could have been a game changer in the area of mytho, but it has become a game changer in exactly the wrong ways. It might be one of those shows used in the future to show how not to write and direct a show.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

Can't agree more. This show could have been a game changer in the area of mytho, but it has become a game changer in exactly the wrong ways. It might be one of those shows used in the future to show how not to write and direct a show.

This should have been a 60 episode show, then the characters might have retained their inherent qualities. Secondly, you should never copy scenes from other movies in a blatantly obvious manner, for example, the Dansh-Bhairavi initial face off is a carbon copy from Superman returns. It was executed well, but it didn't show any attempt at creativity from the makers, and so are many other concepts explored on the show. It's really a shame!
Edited by .Veritaserum - 8 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

This should have been a 60 episode show, then the characters might have retained their inherent qualities. Secondly, you should never copy scenes from other movies in a blatantly obvious manner, for example, the Dansh-Bhairavi initial face off is a carbon copy from Superman returns. It was executed well, but it didn't show any attempt at creativity from the makers, and so are many other concepts explored on the show. It's really a shame!

Exactly! The characters have been butchered after the 60-episode mark. I can't relate to any of them anymore because I can't see the same qualities in any of them anymore!
annu123.happy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Exactly verisat. at times u are harshly blunt but very true . It should hv been a 60 episode show . It was unnecessarily stretched to 120 episodes . The intentions of d makers were very honest but somehow they could not present it properly . Also d characterisation of rudra disappointed big time . A few individual performances , particularly those of seemaji were great but on the whole the show failed to make the desired impact. 
Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
TFs just hope after these show GR came back with some passionate  love story again.