Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Going to 'make sure' men, women get paid equally in Bollywood:KANGANA (Page 2)

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Imaloser

Originally posted by rogerrocks

How exactly is she going to manage that? By first delivering a 30/ 40 crore opening & demanding as much as the Khans?

Why talk only about Khans? Do younger actor who by  more than actress deliver 30/40 crore? Did Varun,Arjun,Ranveer deliver a 30/40 crore opening with their latest movies? 

Ikr..It's like my batch-mates at my workplace being paid more due to their gender. Varun/Arjun getting a bigger pay-check than Alia makes no sense to me, at all. Things are surely messed up. Khans are at a different level altogether but the difference at lower level needs to be sorted out. 

Also, the fact that female characters are so poorly written and presented also reflects the gender discrimination. But oh well, we have had this debate earlier as well..so it's better to dig that thread up. LOL

Edit : Super typos. LOL

Edited by .krackjack. - 07 May 2015 at 12:32pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesblytonprincessunara

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
bla bla bla like always she really need to shut up its just one good role and the film is overated like hell

she need to look at vidya thay make it on the moon then now after flops film no one talk about her i can see that happen with her if she stay with bla bla statment
rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .krackjack.

Ikr..It's like my batch-mates at my workplace being paid more due to their gender. Varun/Arjun getting a bigger pay-check than Alia makes no sense to me, at all. Things are surely messed up. Khans are at a different level altogether but the difference at lower level needs to be sorted out. 

Also, the fact that female characters are so poorly written and presented also reflects the gender discrimination. But oh well, we have had this debate earlier as well..so it's better to dig that thread up. LOL

But i did say its ridiculous that Imran/ Arjun get paid more than Katrina/ AliaLOL But Kangana here is talking about absolute equality which is just not practical IMO..Equality is never an absolute term..Equals should be treated equally..The established male stars defo have bigger BO clout & command a bigger opening than every single female superstar..So why exactly should they be paid equally?  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

G..OAT....Poojie....

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
How are you planning that?  

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

But i did say its ridiculous that Imran/ Arjun by  more than Katrina/ AliaLOL But Kangana here is talking about absolute equality which is just not practical IMO..Equality is never an absolute term..Equals should be treated equally..The established male stars defo have bigger BO clout & command a bigger opening than every single female superstar..So why exactly should they be paid equally?  

I didn't interpret her statement in that way. I think she is speaking in general, where men are paid more just 'coz of their gender. If she is demanding a pay equal to that of her seniors like the Khans then it's pretty foolish.. it's like me demanding a pay equal to that of my boss. Sounds quite foolish. 

I just think she is addressing the prevailing unfair discrimination in the industry. Her statements sound pretty normal to me...just the article looks exaggerated. 

Edited by .krackjack. - 07 May 2015 at 12:53pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesblytonPirated_Funrogerrocksprincessunara

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Imaloser

Queen almost earned the same as Shahid's Haider..but still Shahid was paid more for his movie than Kangana? How does this make sense?

P.S: Shahid is a much established and serious actor than Kangana.

But when did i ever say Shahid has star power? If Shahid doesn't have star power, Kangana doesn't either..Infact, most of the female stars don't..If you notice, i used to the word ' established male star' by which i din exactly mean experienced/ senior actors..Should have been clear with my answer..I was referring to the Khans, Akki, HR, Ranbir etc. who all can guarantee a good/ decent opening..Which Kangana or most female stars cant..Its a fact..So i don agree with Kangana's stance on absolute equality..While there is disparity, if she wants absolute equality, she'l get it the day she/ any female actor atleast manages a 15/ 20 crore opening ( not even counting the Khans here cos 30+ is out of reach LOL)
rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

I didn't interpret her statement in that way. I think she is speaking in general, where men are paid more just 'coz of their gender. If she is demanding a pay equal to that of her seniors like the Khans then it's pretty foolish.. it's like me demanding a pay equal to that of my boss. Sounds quite foolish. 

I just think she is addressing the prevailing unfair discrimination in the industry. Her statements sound pretty normal to me...just the article looks exaggerated. 

I don know..Her statement sounds pompous/  borderline arrogant here..Its just the way she has worded it LOL Her ' i'l make sure' sounds off but then thats just me..Kangana really annoys me at times with her attitude LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

guftagoo

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

I don know..Her statement sounds pompous/  borderline arrogant here..Its just the way she has worded it LOL Her ' i'l make sure' sounds off but then thats just me..Kangana really annoys me at times with her attitude LOL

Oh ok... LOL It's just that I have seen many actresses speak about it earlier..so I kinda found her statement to be pretty normal that way. But then again..it's just me probably...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunararogerrocks

Go to top