Views

Users

Frequent Posters

k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: dsr11

swathya,

people wear clothes that are comfortable and decent for the work environment, be it western wear or indian wear. bad clothes are more uncomfortable for the working woman than bad make up, don't you think?! they don't wear transparent sarees to work as they want to command respect from their colleagues only with good work instead of getting unwanted attention for their body. if aastha had pleated and pinned her pallu, you wouldn't see me objecting to her costume. thats all i have to say on this. 

agree
k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prads

Rekha,

Ths s d case wid every show..a female lead who s shown to b workin s rarely dressed properly..in d sense in a proper formal wear which v wear in offc everyday..y dnt they show them wearin simple kurta n leggings. Which s formal n also easy to carry..may b TRP aunties cant digest female lead in western outfits shown as workin woman..

Now a days few new shows r givin realustic wordrobe to leads n thts really a well needed change..

except EBP
k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: BabyBearFan

Shrenu also had bad makeup few times like her yellow gold eyeshadow or that night the rat visited Ashlok in their AM BR. Around NA's expose' the cvs had started giving different attire for Ashlok on almost everyday basis. Before that they both had only like half a dozen attire for over 6 to 8 months. I remember Avis tight pants in jungle HM!!
I can't remember any characters not being butchered in EBP! Sojal and Anj's characters also got tampered with as per 'TRP' along the way. I had mentioned long back that Shal probably wears her own saree in the show. And Avi too when he is wearing casuals. I thought it is Avis car, but Piu mentioned that his car has different colour seats.

may be its true.. But Doubt that Shal have that much collection of Saree..
k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: BabyBearFan

Indian TV is weird as characters go to sleep in full makeup and silk sarees. They walk around in the house and also cook in the kitchen in gold and diamonds. Prob a simple Kurti and leggings don't maketh a heroine!

agree
k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sugarm77

🤣   ðŸ˜‰   ðŸ˜†   ðŸ˜ƒ ha ha ha ha awesome n we women love to talk n chat n talk n chat on n on n on n on 😳   ðŸ˜ƒ lolllzzz

so true😉
k.taddy1234 thumbnail
Guys its a Post of different topic on a fansion discussion post...
So plz consider this..
chitsss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dsr11

okay before it goes out of hand and people have their foot in their mouth, let me clear that this chitsss and that twitter chitsp are not one and the same as far as i know. that chitsp is chits1 here.

i dont have to defend chitsss but as far as i have known her on the forum, she always criticized with a clean heart and with the intention to help them correct themselves than with intention to mock their physical appearances like some people with wonderful sense of humor do all the time here and also on social media!

Thanks Rekha 😉 .
chitsss thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prads

Well PH hs always been partial towards sm1's wordrobe..then wat can any1 do??

Shrenu looks absolutely stunning evn if she s not wearing any costly desinger saris..she s a beauty..period..

Prads , I don't feel the PH has been partial to anyone in particular. None got appropriate costumes. When I criticize the costumes , I am obviously talking about the dress / makeup unit and not the actors. They wear what they are given. 😕 Like Vidya Balan once said , actors are meant to act.
I haven't degraded or questioned Shrenu's looks anywhere in my post.Me finding Shal and Geeta more graceful is not meant to suggest that either.
chitsss thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sathia007

@ Rekha @Chittss @Saji @Prad

Nothing personal !

I just want to share my practical experience about dress for working ladies !!!

I am a full time working lady since completion of my primary education in medicine !!! I myself wear Western clothes as I live and practice in Western world.

However, I have seen many lady doctors to wear Aastha's type sarees in India. In their views, these are easy to wear/ easy to maintain/ easy to commute by wearing these type of sarees/ easy to maintain during rainy season and do not need to iron much !!!!! - I can not define them as unprofessional or bad doctors !!!! They defintely maintain their in- built professional persopnalities - well respected & very successful in lives !!!! But defintely I have not come across any doctor with heavy akward make up, in my life !!!!!!

Though I myself do not like any chiffon or net sarees !!!! -

@Sathia , I live and work in India. Spent most of my professional life in Mumbai or Bangalore. From what I have observed females here wear netted or gaudy sarees only when there is a 'Ethinic' day at work. Smart kurtis and leggings seem to have become working India's favourite formal wear , for the reason you stated , easier maintenance , commute etc. Chiffons , georgettes and cotton sarees are also considered formal. But netted sarees are a definite no. Any HR with an ounce of common sense would pull you up for not following the dress code.
chitsss thumbnail
Originally posted by: chitsss

@Sathia , I live and work in India. Spent most of my professional life in Mumbai or Bangalore. From what I have observed females here wear netted or gaudy sarees only when there is a 'Ethinic' day at work. Smart kurtis and leggings seem to have become working India's favourite formal wear , for the reason you stated , easier maintenance , commute etc. Chiffons , georgettes and cotton sarees are also considered formal. But netted sarees are a definite no. Any HR with an ounce of common sense would pull you up for not following the dress code.
in my opinion , all the sexy netted sarees at work are indicative of a tendency to objectify women as instruments meant for sexual appreciation.