Operaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
😆Edited by Operaqueen - 8 years ago
SajSassy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chitsss

Rekha, agree on makeup. Only Sita dressed appropriately. Dont remind me of Aastha's see through sarees , in what world was it formal? Bur then she never went to 'work'... office was soley for groping sessions with hubby. I am just glad she didnt wear satin nightgowns. Even now her sarees and accessories are more chameli than thakurain.
I like how Geeta and Shal carry themselves, very graceful.

ofc, sojal and anjali got the best sarees and it has always been our issue that Astha was given those cheap sheer ones! Like Yash Chopra heroines, the cvs wanted to show the heroine more sexier than the other lot. But YC used to source those ones from top Indian designers and our cvs or PH go to the nearest saree shop, like the one on Hanifs Insta post today! I was talking more about Sojals heavy makeup in inappropriate situations.
I have felt that during sad scenes Astha's make up has always been toned down, that's all.
dsr11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
okay before it goes out of hand and people have their foot in their mouth, let me clear that this chitsss and that twitter chitsp are not one and the same as far as i know. that chitsp is chits1 here.
i dont have to defend chitsss but as far as i have known her on the forum, she always criticized with a clean heart and with the intention to help them correct themselves  than with intention to mock their physical appearances like some people with wonderful sense of humor do all the time here and also on social media!
Prads thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chitsss

Rekha, agree on makeup. Only Sita dressed appropriately. Dont remind me of Aastha's see through sarees , in what world was it formal? Bur then she never went to 'work'... office was soley for groping sessions with hubby. I am just glad she didnt wear satin nightgowns. Even now her sarees and accessories are more chameli than thakurain.
I like how Geeta and Shal carry themselves, very graceful.

Well PH hs always been partial towards sm1's wordrobe..then wat can any1 do??

Shrenu looks absolutely stunning evn if she s not wearing any costly desinger saris..she s a beauty..period..

SajSassy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prads

Well PH hs always been partial towards sm1's wordrobe..then wat can any1 do??

Shrenu looks absolutely stunning evn if she s not wearing any costly desinger saris..she s a beauty..period..

no doubt about it, Shrenu doesn't need any designer sarees to look pretty
Sathia007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Rekha @Chittss @Saji @Prad

Nothing personal !

I just want to share my practical experience about dress  for working ladies !!!

I am a full time working lady  since completion of  my primary education in medicine !!! I myself wear Western clothes as I live and practice in  Western world.

However,  I have seen many lady doctors to wear Aastha's type sarees  in India.   In their views,  these are  easy to wear/  easy to maintain/  easy to commute by wearing these type of sarees/  easy to maintain during  rainy season and do not need to iron much !!!!! - I can not define them as  unprofessional or bad doctors !!!! They defintely maintain their  in-  built professional persopnalities - well respected &  very successful in lives  !!!! But defintely I have not come across  any doctor with heavy akward  make up, in my life   !!!!!!

Though I myself do not like any chiffon or net sarees !!!! - 
Edited by Sathia007 - 8 years ago
dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabyBearFan

ofc, sojal and anjali got the best sarees and it has always been our issue that Astha was given those cheap sheer ones! Like Yash Chopra heroines, the cvs wanted to show the heroine more sexier than the other lot. But YC used to source those ones from top Indian designers and our cvs or PH go to the nearest saree shop, like the one on Hanifs Insta post today! I was talking more about Sojals heavy makeup in inappropriate situations.
I have felt that during sad scenes Astha's make up has always been toned down, that's all.

saji,
the argument that ph is being partial to shalmalee and geetanjali doesn't hold water, because except for the fact that their wardrobe looks better aesthetically speaking if not going by the price tags, they don't have any special considerations regarding how their roles are handled. actually both their roles are poorly handled. sometimes the writers used the negativity against shalmalee and wrote really bad scenes for her portraying sojal as an uncaring mother when initially she was shown buying kavya cars(boys toys according to anjali) and teaching her gayatri mantra. 

even avinash is not given proper wardrobe. he used to have exactly 4 faded shirts and 2 tight pants for the rich tycoon role he is playing. i made a post suggesting him that he should at least get some nice shirts and pants if not suits. i think most of the clothes he wears on the show now are his own and the black suv is also his own. 

everybody had their share of bad make up or costume situations. if sojal's make up was inappropriate in that situation, then aastha's dress and make up are inappropriate for the interview with indrajeet. as you said, may be creatives have a different idea of glamorous.
Edited by dsr11 - 8 years ago
dsr11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sathia007

@ Rekha @Chittss @Saji @Prad

Nothing personal !

I just want to share my practical experience about dress  for working ladies !!!

I am a full time working lady  since completion of  my primary education in medicine !!! I myself wear Western clothes as I live and practice in  Western world.

However,  I have seen many lady doctors to wear Aastha's type sarees  in India.   In their views,  these are  easy to wear/  easy to maintain/  easy to commute by wearing these type of sarees/  easy to maintain during  rainy season and do not need to iron much !!!!! - I can not define them as  unprofessional or bad doctors !!!! They defintely maintain their  in-  built professional persopnalities - well respected &  very successful in lives  !!!! But defintely I have not come across  any doctor with heavy akward  make up, in my life   !!!!!!

Though I myself do not like any chiffon or net sarees !!!! - 

swathya,

people wear clothes that are comfortable and decent for the work environment, be it western wear or indian wear. bad clothes are more uncomfortable for the working woman than bad make up, don't you think?! they don't wear transparent sarees to work as they want to command respect from their colleagues only with good work instead of getting unwanted attention for their body. if aastha had pleated and pinned her pallu, you wouldn't see me objecting to her costume. thats all i have to say on this. 
Prads thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dsr11

swathya,

people wear clothes that are comfortable and decent for the work environment, be it western wear or indian wear. bad clothes are more uncomfortable for the working woman than bad make up, don't you think?! they don't wear transparent sarees to work as they want to command respect from their colleagues only with good work instead of getting unwanted attention for their body. if aastha had pleated and pinned her pallu, you wouldn't see me objecting to her costume. thats all i have to say on this. 

Rekha,

Ths s d case wid every show..a female lead who s shown to b workin s rarely dressed properly..in d sense in a proper formal wear which v wear in offc everyday..y dnt they show them wearin simple kurta n leggings. Which s formal n also easy to carry..may b TRP aunties cant digest female lead in western outfits shown as workin woman..

Now a days few new shows r givin realustic wordrobe to leads n thts really a well needed change..
Edited by Prads - 8 years ago
SajSassy thumbnail

Originally posted by: dsr11

saji,
the argument that ph is being partial to shalmalee and geetanjali doesn't hold water, because except for the fact that their wardrobe looks better aesthetically speaking if not going by the price tags, they don't have any special considerations regarding how their roles are handled. actually both their roles are poorly handled. sometimes the writers used the negativity against shalmalee and wrote really bad scenes for her portraying sojal as an uncaring mother when initially she was shown buying kavya cars(boys toys according to anjali) and teaching her gayatri mantra.

even avinash is not given proper wardrobe. he used to have exactly 4 faded shirts and 2 tight pants for the rich tycoon role he is playing. i made a post suggesting him that he should at least get some nice shirts and pants if not suits. i think most of the clothes he wears on the show now are his own and the black suv is also his own.

everybody had their share of bad make up or costume situations. if sojal's make up was inappropriate in that situation, then aastha's dress and make up are inappropriate for the interview with indrajeet. as you said, may be creatives have a different idea of glamorous.

Shrenu also had bad makeup few times like her yellow gold eyeshadow or that night the rat visited Ashlok in their AM BR. Around NA's expose' the cvs had started giving different attire for Ashlok on almost everyday basis. Before that they both had only like half a dozen attire for over 6 to 8 months. I remember Avis tight pants in jungle HM!!
I can't remember any characters not being butchered in EBP! Sojal and Anj's characters also got tampered with as per 'TRP' along the way. I had mentioned long back that Shal probably wears her own saree in the show. And Avi too when he is wearing casuals. I thought it is Avis car, but Piu mentioned that his car has different colour seats.