Had Enough Of Gulkand

Posted: 8 years ago
After looking at today's episode and pre cap I have had enough of Gulkand the great my patience have gone so thin that she would of been given a good beating by me. If I were in Payal's position today instead of crying and feeling sorry for my self because the witch insulted my family, wounded my pride  the Prasad family would of been trying to separate me from slapping, kicking and cuffing my dear elder sil.
I don't like the greedy Prasads and I know Gulkand has her reasons for her behavior but there is a limit as to how much one can tolerate. I am tired of mousey, timid overly respectful Payal. It is high time she starts to fight back after all she has been in that household for what three/four days she knows what type of persons she is living with each has shown his/hers characteristics. Time to move on with her life.
Have Had Enough Of Gulkand SERIOSLY!! [:x

I can't stand her anymore.. she used to be my favourite..
but she is really crossing her limits now. I feel for Payal..
Payal should atleast utter a word today when Gul was talking bad about her family, but as usual she kept quiet!

her silence will kill me.. but I'm just waiting for her to SPEAK!!

LOVED UR POST AND I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!

So true. I thought I was the only one who thinks of her in this way. Am totally fed up of shouts and tears..Gul-Payal..How come Dev is never available when all these crap is going on...being unemployed😆  Now the precap shows that Payal is blamed for stealing ? High time the CVs concentrate on an interesting track...or is the track of Gul getting over to come later ?

Writer

Gul is provoking Payal to speak up and her intentions may not be bad
Originally posted by NBT-BV

Gul is provoking Payal to speak up and her intentions may not be bad

I hope so...!!!
Payal's character after marriage lost its charm, Y she has to cry wen there aint fault of hers...I know she had it coming because of adamant nature but still y not open d mouth for god's sake...
 don know wat d writer has IN for us...Hope I don get bored of  4m dis show...
Edited by nirmalac99 - 8 years ago
Thanks everyone for dropping in and leaving your valuable comment 😃
I have always liked Gulkand - I feel she is the only person in that entire family that has no fear in calling a spade a spade and speaking the truth. However with that said - I do feel CVs have failed to do justice to her character - as it was introduced to us viewers. 
Initially Gulkand was portrayed as a loud, foul mouthed, short-tempered lass with a remarkable sense of justice. Her heart is "usually" in the right place - I say usually because her anger towards the Prasads stems from the love she has for her brother and and an inability to tolerate anyone taking him for a ride, anyone being cheated - any form of injustice. I'm assuming having been brought up by her brother single handed, she loves him fiercely - she's the kind that once she's in your corner and she lets u in - she'll stay loyal and fight tooth and nail for you - for as long as she can. In light of this I also feel she learned very quickly that the world doesn't respect kind hearts, "nice" people - those people get walked over ALL the time - case in point Payal and her family. 

So this is my take on the characterization of Gulkand - initially. Now what we are seeing is in my opinion out of character or a diversion from the initial conception of the character. 
Gulkand wanted to save Payal from the same fate as her - very noble - that was the right thing to do, could she have handled things differently - yes, would that have been any better - in the real world perhaps but then again this isn't reality and they need drama to keep the show going..

I know some have said that Gul only wanted to save Payal to one up the Prasads - perhaps that would have been an enjoyable by-product of the circumstance but I would really like to believe that her main motivation was to be able to disclose the truth to Payal - out of humanity and her sense/need for justice.

Gulkand's behavior now is odd - Payal's first morning - where she was taunting Payal for cooking a tasteless breakfast and the volcanic episode of yesterday has left me astounded. 

The first breakfast morning - her bullying Payal - I get because she's mad at her for knowingly jumping into the well so to speak and instigating her to speak out - giving her a taste of the dynamics in the household etc - all of that was ok but when Rajat appeared - why didn't she spill the truth to him? Better yet why didn't she say = oh hello brother of the bride since I missed the wedding for extenuating circumstances - let me tag along with u to meet the family.

Right now what we're seeing of Gulkand is that she's going full grey - not shades of grey - its turning into a competition of maintaining power and control. Her creating a scene was fine but writers slipped - I would have rather seen her rip the in laws a new one for being so greedy at her wedding but letting Payal off so easy coz she earns. 

I did feel a little bad for Payal when Gul burned the saree but TBH Payal totally asked for it - who asked her to be so meek and docile? I really hope Gul is just behaving this way to get a reaction out of Payal. Or perhaps this is to teach Payal that if Payal wants Gul's help in future she's closed that door since she didn't take her help initially?
Well i know i am late
But i do want to share my opinions on this

Well gul is trying her best to irritate payal
So that she speaks against the family
But payal is not doing so
Maybe because payal thinks that she should
be a good bahu.
or maybe because she thinks
her sweet behaviour will bring a change
But she needs to realise that they r too stubborn to change
Originally posted by skar1984

I have always liked Gulkand - I feel she is the only person in that entire family that has no fear in calling a spade a spade and speaking the truth. However with that said - I do feel CVs have failed to do justice to her character - as it was introduced to us viewers.
Initially Gulkand was portrayed as a loud, foul mouthed, short-tempered lass with a remarkable sense of justice. Her heart is "usually" in the right place - I say usually because her anger towards the Prasads stems from the love she has for her brother and and an inability to tolerate anyone taking him for a ride, anyone being cheated - any form of injustice. I'm assuming having been brought up by her brother single handed, she loves him fiercely - she's the kind that once she's in your corner and she lets u in - she'll stay loyal and fight tooth and nail for you - for as long as she can. In light of this I also feel she learned very quickly that the world doesn't respect kind hearts, "nice" people - those people get walked over ALL the time - case in point Payal and her family.

So this is my take on the characterization of Gulkand - initially. Now what we are seeing is in my opinion out of character or a diversion from the initial conception of the character.
Gulkand wanted to save Payal from the same fate as her - very noble - that was the right thing to do, could she have handled things differently - yes, would that have been any better - in the real world perhaps but then again this isn't reality and they need drama to keep the show going..

I know some have said that Gul only wanted to save Payal to one up the Prasads - perhaps that would have been an enjoyable by-product of the circumstance but I would really like to believe that her main motivation was to be able to disclose the truth to Payal - out of humanity and her sense/need for justice.

Gulkand's behavior now is odd - Payal's first morning - where she was taunting Payal for cooking a tasteless breakfast and the volcanic episode of yesterday has left me astounded.

The first breakfast morning - her bullying Payal - I get because she's mad at her for knowingly jumping into the well so to speak and instigating her to speak out - giving her a taste of the dynamics in the household etc - all of that was ok but when Rajat appeared - why didn't she spill the truth to him? Better yet why didn't she say = oh hello brother of the bride since I missed the wedding for extenuating circumstances - let me tag along with u to meet the family.

Right now what we're seeing of Gulkand is that she's going full grey - not shades of grey - its turning into a competition of maintaining power and control. Her creating a scene was fine but writers slipped - I would have rather seen her rip the in laws a new one for being so greedy at her wedding but letting Payal off so easy coz she earns.

I did feel a little bad for Payal when Gul burned the saree but TBH Payal totally asked for it - who asked her to be so meek and docile? I really hope Gul is just behaving this way to get a reaction out of Payal. Or perhaps this is to teach Payal that if Payal wants Gul's help in future she's closed that door since she didn't take her help initially?

Nice one 👏