Servicewali Bahu
Servicewali Bahu

Misunderstood Payal .. 3 If Silence is Golden Speech is Platinum

anonee IF-Sizzlerz
anonee
anonee

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Misunderstood Payal ... ... 3:  If Silence is Golden Speech is Platinum

Thank you all for following my posts and responding with your opinions on Payal's current behavior.

So, the CVs have decided that Payal is going to grin and silently bear all that this thrown at her by her in-laws and Gul.  She is going to be the silent dutiful bahu and concerned daughter.  She will not reveal the truth about her in-laws to her parents because she does not want them to know the true nature of the Prasads and how unhappy she is in her in-laws house.  There are other reasons too - example her parents image in society and that perhaps her unhappiness would adversely effect Neelam in some way.

The word SILENT is an anagram of the word LISTEN and without the former one cannot achieve the latter.  But the silence I refer to here is the silence of the soul.  If Payal was truly silent and took some time to listen to her inner voice -  what would it say?  Would it not tell her that she is enabling the evil Prasads?  Would not her conscience prod her to be honest with her parents - no matter how hurt they would be with the truth?  Would it not tell her that her marriage with Dev should begin with honesty and full disclosure between the two?

(The CVs too should listen to the viewers concerns so as not to loose TRPs)

I agree with what some of you have several times mentioned in your post - that it is valid for Payal to be silent.  I strongly agree that silence is sometimes an effective communicator of an actor's feelings (example (Jaya Bachchan in Sholay and Rani Mukherjee in Black).  However, unlike Jaya and Rani Payal is not using her silence in lieu of dialogues - Payal is using her silence to prevent her parents from knowing the truth and in doing so is harming herself and Dev.  How long can the audience tolerate this type of silence?  (But this is a TV serial and I will not be surprised if Payal starts asserting herself in tomorrow's episode Wink). 

Payal's silence can be enjoyed if the CVs can show us that some how soon Payal is going to find her voice.  Carrying this track for too long without giving us a hope of closure would be disastrous.  Mind you, I am not saying that Payal should start speaking now - I am only saying the audience should be given an idea about how long and where they are headed with Payal's silence.  One cannot watch a family drama without some idea when the lead characters will step up and perform.  So please CVs give us a break -- and give us some insight so that we can continue to watch the show without cringing over Payal's behavior.

For if silence is golden, then speech is platinum. It would help Payal and Dev to ventilate grievances, enlighten the Rais about the true nature of the Prasads, , , stimulate the viewers curiosity about the show, lighten the spirits and lessen the burden on Payal and Dev's souls.

Edited by anonee - 07 May 2015 at 6:19am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

skamanibig-hearttAngel_AryaNBT-BVnirmalac99KratikaSengarKSSharlene1410

NBT-BV Goldie
NBT-BV
NBT-BV

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anonee

Thank you all for following my posts and responding with your opinions on Payal's current behavior.

So, the CVs have decided that Payal is going to grin and silently bear all that this thrown at her by her in-laws and Gul.  She is going to be the silent dutiful bahu and concerned daughter.  She will not reveal the truth about her in-laws to her parents because she does not want them to know the true nature of the Prasads and how unhappy she is in her in-laws house.  There are other reasons too - example her parents image in society and that perhaps her unhappiness would adversely effect Neelam in some way.

The word SILENT is an anagram of the word LISTEN and without the former one cannot achieve the latter.  But the silence I refer to here is the silence of the soul.  If Payal was truly silent and took some time to listen to her inner voice -  what would it say?  Would it not tell her that she is enabling the evil Prasads?  Would not her conscience prod her to be honest with her parents - no matter how hurt they would be with the truth?  Would it not tell her that her marriage with Dev should begin with honesty and full disclosure between the two?

I agree with what some of you have several times mentioned in your post - that it is valid for Payal to be silent.  I strongly agree that silence is sometimes an effective communicator of an actor's feelings (example (Jaya Bachchan in Sholay and Rani Mukherjee in Black).  However, unlike Jaya and Rani Payal is not using her silence in lieu of dialogues - Payal is using her silence to prevent her parents from knowing the truth and in doing so is harming herself and Dev.  How long can the audience tolerate this type of silence?  (But this is a TV serial and I will not be surprised if Payal starts asserting herself in tomorrow's episode Wink). 

Payal's silence can be enjoyed if the CVs can show us that some how soon Payal is going to find her voice.  Carrying this track for too long without giving us a hope of closure would be disastrous.  Mind you, I am not saying that Payal should start speaking now - I am only saying the audience should be given an idea about how long and where they are headed with Payal's silence.  One cannot watch a family drama without some idea when the lead characters will step up and perform.  So please CVs give us a break -- and give us some insight so that we can continue to watch the show without cringing over Payal's behavior.

For if silence is golden, then speech is platinum. It would help Payal and Dev to ventilate grievances, enlighten the Rais about the true nature of the Prasads, , , stimulate the viewers curiosity about the show, lighten the spirits and lessen the burden on Payal and Dev's souls.

AWESOMESmileSmileSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anonee

NBT-BV Goldie
NBT-BV
NBT-BV

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
double post - deleted

Edited by NBT-BV - 07 May 2015 at 12:03pm
nirmalac99 IF-Dazzler
nirmalac99
nirmalac99

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 3:26am | IP Logged
AN awesome post Meena...Trp audience would like to connect wit d main female lead but now could not even judge wat d female lead thinks or does...y does d  writer use d ultimate Brahma astra now itself, tats making d female lead cry nonstop for no reason or fault of hersShocked...

Edited by nirmalac99 - 08 May 2015 at 3:27am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KratikaSengarKSanonee

Chitra_11 IF-Rockerz
Chitra_11
Chitra_11

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged

Clap  So true...Beautiful post Meena...Do come up with a fun post soon.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KratikaSengarKSanonee

KratikaSengarKS IF-Rockerz
KratikaSengarKS
KratikaSengarKS

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chitsri65

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">Misunderstood Payal ... ... 3: If Silence is Golden Speech is Platinum
</font>

So, the CVs have decided that Payal is going to grin and silently bear all that this thrown at her by her in-laws and Gul. She is going to be the silent dutiful bahu and concerned daughter. She will not reveal the truth about her in-laws to her parents because she does not want them to know the true nature of the Prasads and how unhappy she is in her in-laws house. There are other reasons too - example her parents image in society and that perhaps her unhappiness would adversely effect Neelam in some way.

The word SILENT is an anagram of the word LISTEN and without the former one cannot achieve the latter. But the silence I refer to here is the silence of the soul. If Payal was truly silent and took some time to listen to her inner voice - what would it say? Would it not tell her that she is enabling the evil Prasads? Would not her conscience prod her to be honest with her parents - no matter how hurt they would be with the truth? Would it not tell her that her marriage with Dev should begin with honesty and full disclosure between the two?

I agree with what some of you have several times mentioned in your post - that it is valid for Payal to be silent. I strongly agree that silence is sometimes an effective communicator of an actor's feelings (example (Jaya Bachchan in Sholay and Rani Mukherjee in Black). However, unlike Jaya and Rani Payal is not using her silence in lieu of dialogues - Payal is using her silence to prevent her parents from knowing the truth and in doing so is harming herself and Dev. How long can the audience tolerate this type of silence? (But this is a TV serial and I will not be surprised if Payal starts asserting herself in tomorrow's episodeWink).

Payal's silence can be enjoyed if the CVs can show us that some how soon Payal is going to find her voice. Carrying this track for too long without giving us a hope of closure would be disastrous. Mind you, I am not saying that Payal should start speaking now - I am only saying the audience should be given an idea about how long and where they are headed with Payal's silence. One cannot watch a family drama without some idea when the lead characters will step up and perform. So please CVs give us a break -- and give us some insight so that we can continue to watch the show without cringing over Payal's behavior.

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">For if silence is golden, then speech is platinum. It would help Payal and Dev to</font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">ventilate grievances,enlighten the Rais about the true nature of the Prasads, , , stimulate the viewers curiosity about the show, lighten the spirits and lessen the burden on Payal and Dev's souls.</font>

Clap So true...Beautiful post Meena...Do come up with a fun post soon.Big smile

Thumbs Up Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anonee

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top