YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Arjun Bijlani is quite a happy man. For his Colors show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, is getting a TRP of 5+ "It is a matter of great satisfaction that our collective hard work is finally paying off, our numbers have virtually doubled since the fresh measurement of ratings kicked in. We are now the number one property on the channel. Last week when we touched 5, some felt that that since the ratings of most shows across channels went up so did ours. But the fact that we have maintained the same number in week 2 of BARC reporting shows that we are consistent. I am also getting a lot of positive social media feedback from the audiences especially the youth who are really liking our story, characters and tracks. Here I must give full credit to the creative and direction team at Balaji Telefilms who are writing and executing great sequences which give us actor's an opportunity to showcase our histrionic skills. "
Do these new numbers mean that the old notion that only saas-bahu drama sells, is wrong and if you craft a good love story, it too will get traction? "yes having said that we do need to accept that most daily soaps are alike i.e. Where you have a lead girl who is Miss Right in everything, she is God like. She has domestic problems due to friction with her hubby and in-laws. In this scenario if you offer something interesting, the audiences will lap it up. Also the stuff what we show is realistic. We also need to accept that that there still are some desi woman who take a lot of garbage for family and tradition's sake hence we have a certain amount of connect with the audiences, no wonder the numbers come in."
In closing Arjun hits the nail on the head when he says,"that at the end of the day everything boils down to ratings. If you hit a jack pot, everybody including the channel, production house and audiences are happy. I guess now the challenge it to maintain this upward graph for we have a long way to go."

Author - Anil Merani
Telly Tadka