Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My son's soul can now rest in peace, says Ravindra Patil's mother (Page 8)

IceMaiden IF-Dazzler
IceMaiden
IceMaiden

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:46am | IP Logged
May your soul Rest in Peace.. It is absolutely disgusting how Sallu's fans are still siding him with their illogical comments.. Really surprises me big time..

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeAnnaElsaadventurousmannoor321ChippeshwiniSugar9.00NimbuMirchiVeni-Vidi-Vicipallavi25princessunaraSwetha-SaiYD.AH

Fiery-Phoenix Senior Member

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:58am | IP Logged
@Fiery : How reliable are these articles? Doctors ask not to rely on google for any kind of medical information, but these articles do make some sense to me...however, I don't exactly know how credible they actually are.

Edited by .krackjack. - 07 May 2015 at 11:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery-Phoenix

taurean12 Senior Member
taurean12
taurean12

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

Originally posted by HippoSucks

Tuberculosis is very rarely caused by some immunodeficiency. Most cases of active tuberculosis occur in people with absolutely fine immune systems.

Most of the articles I have come across about TB, first one on the top is usually HIV as one of the major risk factors. So I am not much aware of the stats you're quoting. You may be right given I ain't much of an expert in epidemiology, actually dislike epi and stats from bottom of my bleeding heart LOL

Also many die of TB cuz of the lack of resources to get treated. Now I am talking generally since we aren't aware as to why Mr. Patil died. 

Tuberculosis is a bacterial disease which is caused by a very resistant pathogen once it gets in our body. It can lay dormant for years (latent TB) before flaring into active TB showing the appropriate symptoms. Some people develop active disease faster than others. Any thing that compromises the immune system can worsen existent TB conditions or cause active TB to manifest itself. I am sure being in jail and being malnourished did this man no favors as far as is condition goes. Another point to be made is people who live or work in prisons are at a higher risk of catching TB due to the crowded and unsanitary conditions..so it's possible that this poor man caught the disease while going to prison for saying the truth..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guftagoo--Ariana--

hedwig_fawkes Goldie
hedwig_fawkes
hedwig_fawkes

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
50% of India has Latent TB. Yeah. It doesn't manifest in its active form in most cases but it's there. 
The problem with treating TB is that for so many years it was considered a 3rd world disease so there was no money for research. It's only after the AIDs epidemic in the west that money started coming in. The  drugs that treat TB in the west are not always effective here because of antibiotic resistance. Especially the Indian strain is generally multi-drug-resistant. The treatment is complex. 

Edited by hedwig_fawkes - 07 May 2015 at 12:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery-Phoenixguftagoo--Ariana--charminggenie

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:06pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesguftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

Originally posted by .krackjack.

@Fiery : How reliable are these articles? Doctors ask not to rely on google for any kind of medical information, but these articles do make some sense to me...however, I don't exactly know how credible they actually are.

Of course. Poverty and lack of resources play a big role in any of the diseases. Prognosis is always better for any condition if diagnosis and treatment get started as early as possible. And poverty, lack of medical facilities, lack of financial stability definitely affect one's chances of survival. And I am sure there'll be many articles claiming the same. Reason why 3rd world countries are at the receiving end of many epidemics. Even in the US, people who don't have insurance would be more at the receiving end than someone who does and gets quicker treatment. 

Again these factors would be true for many conditions. But if one wants to isolate the direct association to TB, then it's a different debate. 

The relation does look pretty obvious but I was kinda confused after reading some posts. Thanks for the quick response.  Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery-Phoenix

Go to top