My son's soul can now rest in peace, says Ravindra Patil's mother - Page 8

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

Of course the statement was to be taken more in the context with the discussion at hand and i.e India. In US, precautions and measures are way better than let's say India or any other 3rd world country. I work with patients and the fact that we have to be completely off for about a year if proven positive for active TB and the fact that everyone regardless have to undergo PPD testing, shows the kinda precautions we have here, not necessary the same everywhere. The reason why TB is less prevalent in the western counterparts than in developing and 3rd world countries. I don't have any article on hand, but I am sure a big chunk of population in India has dormant TB.  So yes, there is a higher chance of catching TB down there. My statement may be a bit lose but not completely incorrect going by the discussion at hand. But I'll gladly agree to disagree if you think so otherwise.

Well I am glad to have an actual sensible discussion on IF after a long time even though it is not directly bollywood related...😉 You could be right about the statistics about dormant TB but the 50% sounds really high. I lived in India for almost 10 years and I never caught it and don't now of anyone else in my area or college who did. But this is of course my personal experience not a population study.
I could be wrong however, I am sure the rates of transmission is definitely higher there than anywhere else..

Patil's story is so heartbreaking. May his soul rest in peace. 
Originally posted by taurean12

Well I am glad to have an actual sensible discussion on IF after a long time even though it is not directly bollywood related...😉 You could be right about the statistics about dormant TB but the 50% sounds really high. I lived in India for almost 10 years and I never caught it and don't now of anyone else in my area or college who did. But this is of course my personal experience not a population study.
I could be wrong however, I am sure the rates of transmission is definitely higher there than anywhere else..

LOL, yeh 50% does seem high given I have lived there for 15 some yrs and I am still negative on my PPDs...😆 And so is my family, so yeh, definitely higher prevalence but can't be that high where most can be included under the same umbrella.
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

LOL, yeh 50% does seem high given I have lived there for 15 some yrs and I am still negative on my PPDs...😆 And so is my family, so yeh, definitely higher prevalence but can't be that high where most can be included under the same umbrella.

I grew up in India and if you had asked me this before I went to college, I would have said 50% seems too high too. But my undergrad research project was on synthesis of drugs to treat latent TB and my professor has been working in this field for 25 years and has many drug patents to his name. He told me this statistic. But when you come to think of it, how would you know if you had latent TB, no one tests for it or shows symptoms. There is a reason why Indian students going to the U.S. have to mandatorily be tested for TB and many are surprised to know they have the strain.

According to this WHO fact sheet, 1/3rd of the world population has latent TB

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/
Originally posted by hedwig_fawkes

I grew up in India and if you had asked me this before I went to college, I would have said 50% seems too high too. But my undergrad research project was on synthesis of drugs to treat latent TB and my professor has been working in this field for 25 years and has many drug patents to his name. He told me this statistic. But when you come to think of it, how would you know if you had latent TB, no one tests for it or shows symptoms. There is a reason why Indian students going to the U.S. have to mandatorily be tested for TB and many are surprised to know they have the strain.

Ahhh, I guess that's something concrete we can go by. Definitely surprising to see the # that high, but I guess not unbelievable.
Originally posted by .krackjack.

@Fiery : How reliable are these articles? Doctors ask not to rely on google for any kind of medical information, but these articles do make some sense to me...however, I don't exactly know how credible they actually are.

Both articles are an exaggeration. Combining amateur science and the Internet is very dangerous. You are exposed to a lot of nonsense which has been made to look believable.

The only substantial correlation between Tuberculosis and poverty is poor treatment, or lack thereof. Those two articles make it seem like poverty is the sole reason of tuberculosis, or even a reason at all - which isn't true in the slightest.

Use medical journals for medical information or sites that actually cite proper journals.

Also, correlation doesn't imply causation. Just because a large number of people in third-world countries suffer from the condition does not imply that those living environments are an active cause of the disease.
I didnt know about Constable Ravindra Patil till I read abt it here on IF! 
This is just unbearably horrifying, shocking and completely unacceptable! ðŸ˜¡ The innocent witness suffers and dies while the evil perpetrator gets a clean chit and enjoys life and career success!

This is exactly why Indians dont report crimes they have witnessed, why they dont want to testify, why they dont stop to help crime or accident victims!

This is another glaring, ugly example of how wealth and power is used to twist the justice system! 

The witness who reported the crime is arrested, mentally tortured, sacked from "police" job, rejected by his own family and colleagues, dies penniless in a TB hospital!

While the real criminal is never arrested, keeps on lying, using his money, influence and underworld connections to intimidate the witness and avoid punishment, enjoying his life carelessly! ðŸ˜¡

I can bet anything that Patil was threatened by Salman's underworld contacts. Thats why he ran off and stayed away from the courts, citing the excuse that he was afraid of the defence lawyers.
Actually he was afraid of the "Badey Bhais" of Salman sitting in Dubai.

I had always suspected that Salman was a sociopath but now after reading the details of his case I am quite sure he IS a SOCIOPATH! 
His character, his nature, his behavior and actions, his entire demeanour and attitude reeks of Sociopath! 

10 signs for spotting a sociopath:

#1) Sociopaths are charming. Sociopaths have high charisma and tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. They have a "glow" about them that attracts people who typically seek guidance or direction. They often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction.

#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in high levels of government, in any nation.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.

#6) Sociopaths tend to be highly intelligent, but they use their brainpower to deceive others rather than empower them. Their high IQs often makes them dangerous. This is why many of the best-known serial killers who successfully evaded law enforcement were sociopaths.

#7) Sociopaths are incapable of love and are entirely self-serving. They may feign love or compassion in order to get what they want, but they don't actually FEEL love in the way that you or I do.

#8) Sociopaths speak poetically. They are master wordsmiths, able to deliver a running "stream of consciousness" monologue that is both intriguing and hypnotic. 

#9) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.

#10) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth just because they said it. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_sociopaths_cults_influence.html

Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by pallavi25

I didnt know about Constable Ravindra Patil till I read abt it here on IF! 
This is just unbearably horrifying, shocking and completely unacceptable! ðŸ˜¡ The innocent witness suffers and dies while the evil perpetrator gets a clean chit and enjoys life and career success!

This is exactly why Indians dont report crimes they have witnessed, why they dont want to testify, why they dont stop to help crime or accident victims!

This is another glaring, ugly example of how wealth and power is used to twist the justice system! 

The witness who reported the crime is arrested, mentally tortured, sacked from "police" job, rejected by his own family and colleagues, dies penniless in a TB hospital!

While the real criminal is never arrested, keeps on lying, using his money, influence and underworld connections to intimidate the witness and avoid punishment, enjoying his life carelessly! ðŸ˜¡

I can bet anything that Patil was threatened by Salman's underworld contacts. Thats why he ran off and stayed away from the courts, citing the excuse that he was afraid of the defence lawyers.
Actually he was afraid of the "Badey Bhais" of Salman sitting in Dubai.

I had always suspected that Salman was a sociopath but now after reading the details of his case I am quite sure he IS a SOCIOPATH!

There is a reason judicial systems are based on evidence. Otherwise random people would convict others based on their prejudices all the time.

What proof is there that he was mentally tortured? If he had enough courage to testify against Salman, why didn't he have enough courage to report these supposed criminals who threatened him?

Originally posted by HippoSucks

There is a reason judicial systems are based on evidence. Otherwise random people would convict others based on their prejudices all the time.

What proof is there that he was mentally tortured? If he had enough courage to testify against Salman, why didn't he have enough courage to report these supposed criminals who threatened him?

You or I cannot imagine the kind of mental torture this guy went through, threatened and intimidated from all sides. His own police force bosses were pressurizing him to retract his statement, he was probably being intimidated by the mafia. 

The mafia theory seems more plausible since even his family abandoned him. What would make a man's own mother and brothers abandon him in such a situation?
Fear of death probably...
I would say this guy did have immense courage to report against Salman in the first place. Its a pity his own police force, his own family didnt help or support him, but went against him.
Originally posted by hedwig_fawkes

Isoniazid and Rifampin are very good drugs for Latent TB. But have to be continued for MONTHs to get rid of it completely. 
It's a pretty evasive bacteria.

Edited by desigal90 - 8 years ago