India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Victim says Salman charity works are myth

subhs IF-Dazzler
subhs
subhs

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Mohammed Abdulla Shaikh was not eager for the court verdict in 2002 accident case involving actor Salman Khan on Wednesday, unlike others. He was one of the four accident victims and was a witness in the case.

"The order will not change my life so why he need to worry about it. Even if I say something against actor for ruining my life, who cares for it. Initially had strong opinion against action but not now. I don't want him to be punished as it will not going to help me anyway. What we expect is more helps from him, for disturbing our lives" said Abdulla Shaikh.
Shaikh initially used to curse Salman Khan but gradually his ill-feeling against actor disappeared. But, he still hates the actor whenever someone reminds him about the accident.

"We heard lots of good things about Salman in our village and in the city that he helps poor and needy. But he did nothing for us. Sometime, I used to think that he will come to us, try to understand our family problem and provide us help. But it remained fantasy. I belied that all his helping hand stories are imaginary" said Abdulla.

Initially Abdulla had feeling of punishing Salman for running bakery workers lives. "But gradually I accepted the reality. He is big man, we cannot harm him." said Abdulla.

In 2007, after the court direction four injured victims got compensation of Rs 3 lakh each. Abdulla said that actually they got only Rs 1.8 lakh, as each of them had paid Rs 1.2 lakh as legal charges. Abdulla said that he paid his creditors after receiving the compensation.

He had sustained fracture in a leg along with other body injuries in the 2002 accident. He spent two months in a hospital and then shifted to his native place in Uttar Pradesh. He spends around a year in his village to heal his injuries. He was only earning member in the family. For two years his family survived on loan provided by relatives and friends. Abdulla had four kinds, and one of his daughter is under medical treatment since years.

Abdulla returned to the city in 2003, but A-1 bakery owner, where he used to work at the time of the accident, refused to provide him work. He started to work in another bakery at Bandra (West). For the bakery workers, Abdulla is Salam Khan case victim. Whenever they want to tease or annoyed Abdulla, they tore Salman Khan's photos from any of newspaper lying in the bakery, and stick it where Abdulla works in the bakery.

"People like him get work till they remain physically fit. Regularly we struggle hard to earn our livelihood and help our families. We have no time to follow up the case verdict" said Abdulla.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Stories-that-Salman-helps-poor-are-myth/articleshow/47181861.
Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nkapoor001YD.AH

anitarani IF-Sizzlerz
anitarani
anitarani

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
This is really sad...
SaMaiRa. Senior Member
SaMaiRa.
SaMaiRa.

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
That's really sad. It's very easy for celebs to make comments like "you shouldn't be sleeping on the road" or "We support BHAI because of his "beauty of a human being" and it's not his fault for driving over you" because only someone who lives a life under the poverty line understands the hardships it entails on a daily basis. 

P.S Who wrote this article? The grammar is HORRIBLE. Looks like an 8-year old wrote it. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaadventurousmanIAmLuvBollyYD.AH

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SaMaiRa.

That's really sad. It's very easy for celebs to make comments like "you shouldn't be sleeping on the road" or "We support BHAI because of his "beauty of a human being" and it's not his fault for driving over you" because only someone who lives a life under the poverty line understands the hardships it entails on a daily basis.

P.S Who wrote this article? The grammar is HORRIBLE. Looks like an 8-year old wrote it.

Yes!! It actually distracts from the important content of the article.
subhs IF-Dazzler
subhs
subhs

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SaMaiRa.

TOILOL
grumpydwarf IF-Dazzler
grumpydwarf
grumpydwarf

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
This goes to show how the system really does make the poor feel dis-empowered and inferior. It shows how the accident affected the victim mentally. Someone got away with treating him like trash and he himself started believing he had no value. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AnnaElsaadventurousmanhamzanuhanoor321PRAGD-AppleOfMaEye-YD.AH

sandiab IF-Sizzlerz
sandiab
sandiab

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Wasn't salman not allowed to offer them compensation. Doesn't india have a road accident fund or something similiar which provides for victims?
anonymous39 IF-Dazzler
anonymous39
anonymous39

Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
They were given 3 lakhs each as he said himself. I don't know why they would have any legal costs. Doesn't make any sense. And he did say he paid his loans with that money.

I doubt Salman can pay off victims because they were witnesses in his criminal trial. That would be considered a bribe and influencing the case.  Even if he wanted to, I don't think he can do anything for them in this case.

These people don't know how things really work. They just thought Salman's a rich guy so his drunk driving accident should now provide them a good life.

This guy that's complaining had a fracture and was in the hospital for a month. Let's be realistic here: how much money is that worth? More than 3 lakhs? How? Government hospitals are free in India. 3 lakhs is still more than his lost wages for the month he was sick. It's more than he makes in years probably.

I don't condone Salman's behavior and I don't even like him but this guy is just being greedy. How much money can he expect out of a fracture? I don't blame him. Poverty can kill a person from the inside so I can understand his desire for more money but that's not Salman's responsibility.

Edited by anonymous39 - 06 May 2015 at 11:25pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Breatherpinky_rajatfanBlack_kittykat

Go to top