Bajrangi Bhaijaan Thread #2 Updates - Page 62

Posted: 8 years ago
Venkatesh, the producer of upcoming Bollywood movie "Bajrangi Bhaijaan", has revealed interesting things about the movie being offered to some of the biggest names of the Indian film industry.

Salman Khan was reportedly not the first choice for "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" and the film was initially offered to big names like Bollywood's Perfectionist Aamir Khan, Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, Kannada star Puneet Rajkumar and Telugu actor Allu Arjun. However, they all turned down the project.

Speaking to leading Kannada daily Udayavani, Rockline Venkatesh said: "The script work of "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" has been in place for the past 4-5 years. Rajinikanth sir, Allu Arjun, Puneet Rajkumar and Aamir Khan had heard the storyline. But they all turned down for various reasons

"Finally, director Kabir Khan narrated the story to Salman Khan, who happily gave green signal to the project."

"Bajrangi Bhaijaan" is the debut Bollywood production of Rockline Venkatesh. He is one of the biggest producer of Kannada films and has helmed over 30 films in his career. He has also distributed movies of all the leading languages of India.

Rockline Venkatesh has previously worked with big stars such as Puneet Rajkumar, Shivaraj Kumar, Upendra, Ravichandran, Ambareesh, late Vishnuvardhan and many more.

In other languages, he has produced the movies of Rajinikanth ("Lingaa"), Simbu ("Dum"), and Ravi Teja ("Power" in Telugu).

Meanwhile, "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" stars Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan in the lead roles. The movie has Pritam Chakraborty's music and Aseen Mishra's cinematography. The Bollywood film is set for an Eid release on 17 July
Superstars Salman Khan, Mahesh Babu and Dhanush are set to battle it out at the box office when their films "Bajrangi Bhaijaan", "Srimanthudu" and "Maari" release on July 17 worldwide.

Salman's "Bajrangi Bhaijaan", directed by Kabir Khan, has been confirmed to release on July 17 as it happens to be the Eid weekend.

Director Koratala Siva has also confirmed that Mahesh Babu's "Srimanthudu" will release on the same day.

"We had zeroed in on July 17 as release date long back. There won't be any changes. We have one week of patchwork left, and once we're done, we will unveil the audio towards the end of this month," Siva said.

Meanwhile, the makers of Dhanush's "Maari", which is directed by Balaji Mohan, have also finalised July 17 as the release date.

If the three films release together, it will indeed be a battle for screens, says trade analyst Trinath.

"All these films feature stars who demand good number of screens for wide release. However, it will be extremely tough for theatre owners to allocate screens for all the three films," Trinath said.

"Moreover, Baahubali' releases on July 10, and it's sure going to occupy as many screens as possible. If these three films release as planned a week later, they will eat into the collections of filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli's epic film," he said
News! Kareena Kapoor & Saif will be flying out to London on the 19th this month. Kareena will be back early for #BajrangiBhaijaan promotions

Originally posted by awesomegurti

News! Kareena Kapoor & Saif will be flying out to London on the 19th this month. Kareena will be back early for #BajrangiBhaijaan promotions

she is coming to London on the 19th, and I am flying out of London on the 18th. Damn! 😆 oh well it's just Kareena i would cancel my plans to go home had Salman come.
Bajrangi Bhaijaan with Salman Khan is ready for release. Give us your thoughts on being his heroine a third time around.

You know that, I have seen Salman as a nine-year-old when Lolo (Karisma) shot movies with him. He was as warm then, as he is now. The one big difference is that in my journey as his heroine from Kyon Ki... to Bajrangi Bhaijaan (BB), I have seen his stardom go through the roof. Currently, he is India's biggest superstar but that's rhetoric. The nice thing about BB is that besides it having a romantic track that revolves around the two of us, it is a human drama that has depth and will connect immediately. It is the story of Bajrangi who helps a little girl unite with her family across the border. As his love interest, I pitch in to do my best.
Are you flattered that Salman chose to sign you for his very first production?

Of course, I'm thrilled. Just imagine " this is the very first Salman Khan Films (SKF) and I'm his leading lady. I have a special relationship with his family. His sister Alvira Agnihotri made her first movie Bodyguard with me. And now, I'm the first heroine of SKF. I maintain that Salman is the biggest superstar currently and any heroine who says she is not dying to do a film with him is lying through her teeth. Come on yaar, how is it even possible?

How was it shooting in Kashmir for Bajrangi?

There was a sense of deja vu when I landed in Srinagar. My entire khandaan " daddy, uncles and grand-uncles have shot many films in Kashmir. It was my first shoot. We were staying at Hotel Lalit, which was Oberoi Grand back in the day. And there were a couple of old hotel staff members who remembered me as a child visiting my parents at their shoot. There were emotional moments. When I walked around the hotel, I felt as if I was walking down memory lane.
I maintain that Salman is the biggest superstar currently and any heroine who says she is not dying to do a film with him is lying through her teeth. Come on yaar, how is it even possible?
Originally posted by TIGER_KHAN

Wow so intense!!
Salman Khan @BeingSalmanKhan  

Bajrangi bhaijaan

Embedded image permalink