Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

The ramblings of a restless mind (Page 12)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maseera.

However, I honestly believe that serving 5 years in prison will bear no fruit " at all. Salman fans are threatening to commit suicide if Salman goes to jail, some have even already attempted and are now hospitalized. If Salman does go to jail, imagine if this does happen. Innocent lives will be lost for no reason. And before someone says "well, they're crazy fans and they chose to commit suicide on purpose." So what? They are still people like the ones that were sleeping on the footpath.

Salman has saved more lives, countless, than he has killed. And if he goes to jail for 5 years, he wouldn't get opportunities to contribute to society. A lot of people say that Being Human is all a media gimmick and shouldn't really factor in as the concept was materialized after the incident, but honestly, if we think rationally, where do you think the poor people with heart problems and other diseases would be if Salman wasn't there to help them? Has Salman benefitted people? Yes. Has he helped people to live? Yes. Did he help homeless people to acquire better lives like the ones that were on the pavement? Yes.

A lot of people say that it's common knowledge that one shouldn't drink and drive. Salman knew what he was getting himself into, how drinking impairs the senses and how one shouldn't obviously be driving while having consumed alcohol before. But what about the poor people sleeping on the pavement? Don't you think that they knew what risks they were exposing themselves to whilst sleeping on the sidewalk? There are plenty more places where poor people can sleep, like homeless shelters. I know my argument sounds a lot like Abhijit's argument, but the dude does have a point whether or not we care to admit it.

Some people threatening to commit suicide cannot and should not be used to influence the court of law. It's akin to blackmail. What if tomorrow a terrorist is on trial? His wife, mom, and kid threaten suicide if he's sentenced. Should the court let him go free, just his family can stay alive? Do you see what that will do to society as a whole if there's no punishment for crimes and criminals are allowed to roam free because they were able to blackmail the court? Before you say, it's one case, it's one exception. One exception to come back to set a precedent...for other lawyers to then use to save their future clients. It's not the court's fault that they're trying to commit suicide. It's their own foolishness and they should be sent to a psychologist ASAP for valuing a celebrity who doesn't even know them over their own family and life. 

Salman might not get opportunities to contribute to society himself but his charity will STILL be there. It CAN still help others out. The court isn't putting a cease and desist order on the charity's work or anything like that.  That's how charities work. They don't need the face of the charity there to do the work. I doubt Salman was doing every little thing his charity does himself anyways. His family is still there to run it in his absence if needed and if the charity stops all its works for the time Salman is in jail, then it wasn't a real charity in the first place...and people were right that it was only set up to improve his image and to get him a reduced sentence. I don't understand why Sallu fans believe that if he goes behind bars people won't be helped out. 

As for the last point, obviously the people sleeping on the pavement knew the risks of sleeping there. Do you think they would have slept there if they had a better and safer place to be in for the night? I don't think there are homeless shelters in Mumbai but correct me if I am wrong. I haven't been to there since I was 2. It's NOT their fault they're poor and have nowhere else to be. Salman knew people sleep on footpaths as well. The other thing I want to say, in this case, they were sleeping on the footpath. They could easily have been walking on the footpath, stopped to talk to someone, crossing the road, driving on the road. So now will we say, well they shouldn't have been walking on the footpath aka sidewalk either? They shouldn't be crossing the street? A drunk driver can hit you anywhere and anytime. 

Edited by chocolover89 - 09 May 2015 at 8:57pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

AnnaElsaBasilisk.Kiran.BiraSaysWhaddupChippeshwinidesigal90charminggenieblue-ice.

Go to top