Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

JA CC #4, History Thread Discussions for Invitees Only (Page 20)

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SpringBreakers

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 21 May 2015 at 10:19am | IP Logged

thanks much Abhay

history_geek

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BeaBeaSindhuMenonSpringBreakers

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Hi all,

Just now posted the 3rd article in the series of posts which i am making for Chittor War. Took lot of time, to get info from different sources and understand it and then post it.!

As we know, this war was not only restricted to the Fort of Chittor, but was a well planned move on the different regions of Mewar as well.

This talks about the war at Kumbhalgarh. Akbar had sent Husain Quli Khan at Kumbhalgarh, but the fort could not be taken. Same for Udaipur also, where Akbar had sent his general to get Rana Udai Singh when he came to know that the Rana has left Chittor Fort.

At Mandalgarh, the battle was fought by one of the best generals of Akbar - Asaf Khan ; and Wazir Khan. This fort was captured by them after Rau Ballu Solanki fell in this war, when the Rajput forces were exhausted. Mewar forces never had numerical advantage as they were generally outnumbered.

Udaipur and Kumbhalgarh remained in Mewar's control only. Mandalgarh and Bijolia were lost to the Mughals. Rampur was also attacked and prisoners/spoils were taken from there.

Though, this may look bad to many of us now, as we are thinking from the perspective of 21st Century, but in those days of warfare, this was a normal practice.! The population of the captured area was normally rallied. This was done after capturing Kashmir too.! Scholars also point that the same strategy was also employed in Chittor area after capturing it, but Akbar was not successful in doing so.

Prisoners were taken captive and spoils of war taken from these areas are mentioned in the records. Also lays emphasis on the strategy followed by Mughal forces and mentions how Akbar encircled the fort from all sides. How more and more troops kept joining him from time to time. How his officers placed canons at different locations for sudden attacks on the fort in order to surprise to his enemy. He waited for a long time, before launching this attack.

The strategy on both sides was that of wait and watch..Overall a good read. The language is cumbersome, though i tried to narrate the events at each point.!

More details given the post itself. Here is the link of Part-3:
Battles before the Battle of Chittor | At Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh, Rampur,  Mandalgarh etc. | Part-3 Chittor War

Thread in MP Forum.!!.
Battles b4 Chittor's Battle | Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh, Rampur, Mandalgarh

SpringBreakers

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SindhuMenonSpringBreakers

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Hi all,

Just now posted the 3rd article in the series of posts which i am making for Chittor War. Took lot of time, to get info from different sources and understand it and then post it.!

As we know, this war was not only restricted to the Fort of Chittor, but was a well planned move on the different regions of Mewar as well.

This talks about the war at Kumbhalgarh. Akbar had sent Husain Quli Khan at Kumbhalgarh, but the fort could not be taken. Same for Udaipur also, where Akbar had sent his general to get Rana Udai Singh when he came to know that the Rana has left Chittor Fort.

At Mandalgarh, the battle was fought by one of the best generals of Akbar - Asaf Khan ; and Wazir Khan. This fort was captured by them after Rau Ballu Solanki fell in this war, when the Rajput forces were exhausted. Mewar forces never had numerical advantage as they were generally outnumbered.

Udaipur and Kumbhalgarh remained in Mewar's control only. Mandalgarh and Bijolia were lost to the Mughals. Rampur was also attacked and prisoners/spoils were taken from there.

Though, this may look bad to many of us now, as we are thinking from the perspective of 21st Century, but in those days of warfare, this was a normal practice.! The population of the captured area was normally rallied. This was done after capturing Kashmir too.! Scholars also point that the same strategy was also employed in Chittor area after capturing it, but Akbar was not successful in doing so.

Prisoners were taken captive and spoils of war taken from these areas are mentioned in the records. Also lays emphasis on the strategy followed by Mughal forces and mentions how Akbar encircled the fort from all sides. How more and more troops kept joining him from time to time. How his officers placed canons at different locations for sudden attacks on the fort in order to surprise to his enemy. He waited for a long time, before launching this attack.

The strategy on both sides was that of wait and watch..Overall a good read. The language is cumbersome, though i tried to narrate the events at each point.!

More details given the post itself. Here is the link of Part-3:
Battles before the Battle of Chittor | At Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh, Rampur,  Mandalgarh etc. | Part-3 Chittor War

Thread in MP Forum.!!.
Battles b4 Chittor's Battle | Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh, Rampur, Mandalgarh

Thanks much ABhay. Will read this tonight definitely  and get back..

history_geek

ayushimehra IF-Rockerz
ayushimehra
ayushimehra

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SindhuMenon

Good evening to all my friends In India and Good morning to my US frinds

Hope u all are having a wonderful day so far and looking forward to today's JA. LOLLOL

I have no words to say about the current track. Trying to see what can I get positive out of this track. At least RT as Jalal got to act as a person being possessed.

Good Morning, Sindhu i also trying, How i can find, poistive, this track,LOL, My Brain stopped working, this track.

Anyways sharing some, Saturday,  I & my family went outside, We needed some things, so 
we reached Big Bazar,All people were running for Outside, we surprised,  Actually Big Bazar, Bastment Area caught up with Fire,Ouch

Not damaged more, or we soon left that place, 

SindhuMenon

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayushimehra

Originally posted by SindhuMenon

Good evening to all my friends In India and Good morning to my US frinds

Hope u all are having a wonderful day so far and looking forward to today's JA. LOLLOL

I have no words to say about the current track. Trying to see what can I get positive out of this track. At least RT as Jalal got to act as a person being possessed.

Good Morning, Sindhu i also trying, How i can find, poistive, this track,LOL, My Brain stopped working, this track.

Anyways sharing some, Saturday,  I & my family went outside, We needed some things, so 
we reached Big Bazar,All people were running for Outside, we surprised,  Actually Big Bazar, Bastment Area caught up with Fire,Ouch

Not damaged more, or we soon left that place, 

Hey Ayushi, Am happy that all of you are safe and sound...Thank Goodness.

Have a beautiful gorgeous day today...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ayushimehrahistory_geek

Go to top