JA CC #4, History Thread Discussions for Invitees Only - Page 34

Posted: 8 years ago
@Beabea ,
I would like to request you to please watch " Hum Aapke hain koun." It's a beautiful movie which really focuses in our culture here though we dont have joint families these days .And yes the lead actress of the film ," Madhuri Dixit " is a great example of indian beauty.And that smile of hers Do watch it whenever you find time .

Hi Guys,

This is most probably my last thread on REEL Jodha Akbar.
I have included some old JA scenes with pictures..

I was in serious want of time, but decided to make this thread..
This contains a Sufi touch as well..

Different from what i normally write..
Tried to make it memorable..

Link::
Let's bid adieu to Jodha Akbar .. Remembering The Past ..

And, now it is an order (:-P) to all the friends of this CC that they should go and share their views there on the thread and keep it going on as long as they wish..

We all have enjoyed the show in the initial days and now this is a time to relive the memories before the show finally ends..Would like to hear the views of all..

Yesterday 31 july, was 35 death  anniversary of Rafi  saheb.

he is alive today, or his  memorable, songs never be forgotten.

Tum mujhe yun bhula na paoge Haan tum mujhe yun bhula na paoge Jab kabhi bhi sunoge geet mere Sang sang tum bhi gungunaoge,

Originally posted by Rashmi81

@Beabea ,
I would like to request you to please watch " Hum Aapke hain koun." It's a beautiful movie which really focuses in our culture here though we dont have joint families these days .And yes the lead actress of the film ," Madhuri Dixit " is a great example of indian beauty.And that smile of hers Do watch it whenever you find time .

Rashmi thank you I have a feel I have watched it but would see if that is the one.

I was a stalker of India movies;  back home we have lots of Indians who have open  businesses  in the markets  and we did go to cinema every Saturday to watch Indian movies I still do here when something good comes up and the review is good.

She is beautiful and Pari can pass as her daughter any time.

The reason I very much admire Pari is the native core nature of her beauty which is lacking now a days in Indian movies most of the lead ladies from my perspective now are mixed generation 'Western blood'.  So  the core natural native beauty to me is missing  and the tone of the skin also is getting too Western now. 

So when I see a woman who stick to the native and core nature of their beauty they are my one fun all the time.

I would see if I can watch it online during my short vacation.  Thanks

Hi ,
this cc is almost dead ðŸ˜­Let's bring it to life again .
@sindhu I am not able to view those pictures .😭Kuch Karo pls .
And Charu I really don't have words to thank you for the wonderful suggestions you gave me of trying different means like pranayam ,meditation and all.Its because of your motivation ,I have been practicing Yoga and pranayam .And wow I will fall short of words if I want to describe the effect of these two on our body and mind.
Thanks dear again.
Guys though JA was the main discussion point but we hade always discuss different other things .We have so many talented people here who belong to different fields ,let's enrich each other with whatever knowledge and experiences we have .
@Bea ,Thanks for appreciating indian movies and stars .I really agree with you that whoever sticks to his core ,he or she has to be admired .And I like Paridhi for this as she still sticks to what she believes.
Edited by Rashmi81 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Rashmi81

Hi ,
this cc is almost dead ðŸ˜­Let's bring it to life again .
@sindhu I am not able to view those pictures .😭Kuch Karo pls .
And Charu I really don't have words to thank you for the wonderful suggestions you gave me of trying different means like pranayam ,meditation and all.Its because of your motivation ,I have been practicing Yoga and pranayam .And wow I will fall short of words if I want to describe the effect of these two on our body and mind.
Thanks dear again.
Guys though JA was the main discussion point but we hade always discuss different other things .We have so many talented people here who belong to different fields ,let's enrich each other with whatever knowledge and experiences we have .
@Bea ,Thanks for appreciating indian movies and stars .I really agree with you that whoever sticks to his core ,he or she has to be admired .And I like Paridhi for this as she still sticks to what she believes.

Hello Rashmi,

I agree with you though JA has ended we could still discuss so many things and share Ideas.

And yes, no matter how modern, educated or 'western' we become it is important not to lose our identity and our core values and cultures which are in the positive note.

Hello my dear friends,

Paridhi has started hosting Code Red and though the content was quite scary after watching she did an awesome job so I made a post for her on the Code Red forum.

Do pop in when you could. 😉

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4446099

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4446105
@beatrice ,
Dear I couldn't read your synopsis of the episode as I am really very scared of supernatural thrillers ,I don't even read any .Firgive my weak heart .
Btw dear ,I need your help.
Pls can you explain me the prayer,Lead kindly light .
My 8 yr old son has to say it in his school and he is very curious to know what it means.

A very interesting post / article I read  somewhere in the Forums!

Aug 12, 2015 - Natasha Couitnho & Aarti Bhanushali

While no-kissing clauses in actors' contracts have been heard of in Bollywood, it seems their TV counterparts are taking to the measure too

Bollywood actors have been known, at times, to include no-nudity or no-kissing clauses in their contracts for films. But when the popular TV soap Yeh Hai Mohabbatein aired a long-awaited consummation scene between its lead pair (played by actors Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel), there was much speculation that the shoot was guided by the actress' stipulations about what she would not do. We have learnt from reliable sources that Divyanka sent out a list of things she wouldn't be comfortable shooting " including a "proper kiss" " to the show's producer Ekta Kapoor, as well as the channel, Star Plus. The final scene, which was aired over Monday and Tuesday was shot in accordance with those specifications.

TV shows have grown considerably bolder in recent times. A case in point was when Ram Kapoor-Sakshi Tanwar's lovemaking scene in the show Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, became a talking point last year, because two such senior actors had consented to shooting it. Several other shows had then followed suit, with the traditional "you stick to your side of the bed, I'll stick to mine" formula, where the actress was shown dressed in the whole nine yards (and jewellery too), given a miss.

With YHM and Divyanka being frontrunners in the TV industry, the Mumbai Age caught up with producers, directors and actors to find out how contractual clauses pertaining to filming intimate scenes worked.

Producer Yash Patnaik is the man behind several popular shows like Veera and Sadda Haq on the small screen. He feels that these clauses are a very subjective issue, and depend on the actor in question. Not only that, he adds that while TV may have gotten a whole lot bolder than in the past, the very fact that it is a "family entertainer medium" imposes restrictions on just how steamy such sequences can get. "I think, so far on TV, the intimacy shown is always relevant, and the actors' comfort level is always the priority. Moreover, all show makers are aware that they are catering to a family audience, so exposure, if any, is limited and relevant. We can't cross certain limits. What I've seen is that most actors are comfortable shooting for the scenes, as long as it is necessary to the storyline. TV offers family entertainment, and that won't change. And the audience is also very mature these days, in this age of the Internet when everything is so accessible," Patnaik says.

Actors do sense when a scene is relevant, and when it has been introduced purely to titillate, and respond accordingly. This is what Siddharth Malhotra, the producer of Dil Mil Gaye and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai feels. He told us that he has never had any issue with actors wanting to include no-kissing (or similar) clauses in their contracts. "Actors' choices must be respected," he states. "Whether the medium is TV or film, as long as these intimate scenes are essential to the script or plot, there are correct ways of communicating this to your cast, audience." Telling us how he feels the issue must be broached with cast members, Malhotra says, "There should be mutual agreement and a discussion with the actors. If they aren't comfortable shooting the sequence or if they feel it's just a gimmick, then their discomfort should be respected and addressed."

Surprisingly, makers of TV shows themselves aren't very keen on including explicit lovemaking sequences in their scripts. The reason? There seems to be an indication that having too many intimate sequences actually brings down a show's TRPs!

"Directors of TV shows know their limits very clearly. There have been some recent TV shows that tried to go bold, but their numbers (TRPs) dropped. I think it's because you can't watch such scenes with your children or parents " basically, the content has to be acceptable to a family audience. So unlike in films, I don't believe clauses like these are necessary for TV actors," says Santram Verma, who directs Jodha-Akbar.

Santram also feels that at times, an actor's ego comes into play, which is why issues crop up with certain sequences. "I think some actors get carried away by other people telling them How will you be portrayed on screen?' or What will the viewers think?' So at times, it becomes a bit of an ego battle."

Shakti Arora, another young actor who's show Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi is extremely popular, also professes that he wouldn't include such a clause in his contracts. In fact, his show depicts a very physically demonstrative equation between him and his co-star, and fans are known to post about their sensual chemistry on online forums. He also feels that certain limits are in-built in TV as a medium, and therefore, actors don't need to be terribly concerned when filming intimate sequences.

"Even in consummation scenes, we look into each other's eyes, hug, and the camera pans somewhere else! Girls might have issues if they are in a committed relationship or are married, so they might have certain limitations. Even in my case, I was a little hesitant initially, but when you know you have to do something every day, you get habituated to it. My partner is an actor too and she understands," Shakti says.

Originally posted by BeaBea

A very interesting post / article I read  somewhere in the Forums!

Aug 12, 2015 - Natasha Couitnho & Aarti Bhanushali

While no-kissing clauses in actors' contracts have been heard of in Bollywood, it seems their TV counterparts are taking to the measure too

Bollywood actors have been known, at times, to include no-nudity or no-kissing clauses in their contracts for films. But when the popular TV soap Yeh Hai Mohabbatein aired a long-awaited consummation scene between its lead pair (played by actors Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel), there was much speculation that the shoot was guided by the actress' stipulations about what she would not do. We have learnt from reliable sources that Divyanka sent out a list of things she wouldn't be comfortable shooting " including a "proper kiss" " to the show's producer Ekta Kapoor, as well as the channel, Star Plus. The final scene, which was aired over Monday and Tuesday was shot in accordance with those specifications.

TV shows have grown considerably bolder in recent times. A case in point was when Ram Kapoor-Sakshi Tanwar's lovemaking scene in the show Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, became a talking point last year, because two such senior actors had consented to shooting it. Several other shows had then followed suit, with the traditional "you stick to your side of the bed, I'll stick to mine" formula, where the actress was shown dressed in the whole nine yards (and jewellery too), given a miss.

With YHM and Divyanka being frontrunners in the TV industry, the Mumbai Age caught up with producers, directors and actors to find out how contractual clauses pertaining to filming intimate scenes worked.

Producer Yash Patnaik is the man behind several popular shows like Veera and Sadda Haq on the small screen. He feels that these clauses are a very subjective issue, and depend on the actor in question. Not only that, he adds that while TV may have gotten a whole lot bolder than in the past, the very fact that it is a "family entertainer medium" imposes restrictions on just how steamy such sequences can get. "I think, so far on TV, the intimacy shown is always relevant, and the actors' comfort level is always the priority. Moreover, all show makers are aware that they are catering to a family audience, so exposure, if any, is limited and relevant. We can't cross certain limits. What I've seen is that most actors are comfortable shooting for the scenes, as long as it is necessary to the storyline. TV offers family entertainment, and that won't change. And the audience is also very mature these days, in this age of the Internet when everything is so accessible," Patnaik says.

Actors do sense when a scene is relevant, and when it has been introduced purely to titillate, and respond accordingly. This is what Siddharth Malhotra, the producer of Dil Mil Gaye and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai feels. He told us that he has never had any issue with actors wanting to include no-kissing (or similar) clauses in their contracts. "Actors' choices must be respected," he states. "Whether the medium is TV or film, as long as these intimate scenes are essential to the script or plot, there are correct ways of communicating this to your cast, audience." Telling us how he feels the issue must be broached with cast members, Malhotra says, "There should be mutual agreement and a discussion with the actors. If they aren't comfortable shooting the sequence or if they feel it's just a gimmick, then their discomfort should be respected and addressed."

Surprisingly, makers of TV shows themselves aren't very keen on including explicit lovemaking sequences in their scripts. The reason? There seems to be an indication that having too many intimate sequences actually brings down a show's TRPs!

"Directors of TV shows know their limits very clearly. There have been some recent TV shows that tried to go bold, but their numbers (TRPs) dropped. I think it's because you can't watch such scenes with your children or parents " basically, the content has to be acceptable to a family audience. So unlike in films, I don't believe clauses like these are necessary for TV actors," says Santram Verma, who directs Jodha-Akbar.

Santram also feels that at times, an actor's ego comes into play, which is why issues crop up with certain sequences. "I think some actors get carried away by other people telling them How will you be portrayed on screen?' or What will the viewers think?' So at times, it becomes a bit of an ego battle."

Shakti Arora, another young actor who's show Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi is extremely popular, also professes that he wouldn't include such a clause in his contracts. In fact, his show depicts a very physically demonstrative equation between him and his co-star, and fans are known to post about their sensual chemistry on online forums. He also feels that certain limits are in-built in TV as a medium, and therefore, actors don't need to be terribly concerned when filming intimate sequences.

"Even in consummation scenes, we look into each other's eyes, hug, and the camera pans somewhere else! Girls might have issues if they are in a committed relationship or are married, so they might have certain limitations. Even in my case, I was a little hesitant initially, but when you know you have to do something every day, you get habituated to it. My partner is an actor too and she understands," Shakti says.

Thanks much for this article. Very inter sting indeed. However did not understand SV POV. He said actors ego steps in doing scenes which I find very weird...even i read that many actors like Fawad Khan and all are against doing bold intimate scenes..
Edited by SindhuMenon - 8 years ago