JA CC #4, History Thread Discussions for Invitees Only - Page 32

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Rasika29

Awesome post Abhay...😃 Now I understood what you said about connecting the dots...

One has to agree that Sanskrit is a language where even a single word says a lot of things and a single verse can be explained over many pages...😳

PS: Was about to reply yesterday but my data-pack got exhausted so had to wait till today morning

Thank you Rasika, and no issues about replying late. :)
@Bold...Completely agree, i could see the translation which you gave, there were so many english equivalents for many - 'single' words. I tried to choose the "easier ones" in that. :)

Hello everyone!🤗
I am finally back! The rains wrecked havoc with the underground wires here so I had no internet for 7 days😒

@Sindhu - Hope you enjoy your trip!

@Rashmi Di - Welcome back!

@Abhay - Will read them soon, now that my net is working!😃
hi guys ,
I am so sorry for being irregular.Have my hands full now with so many things.Well recently have joined yoga and learning pranayam .I am finding it really refreshing and destressing too .Has anybody had some similar experiences.
Originally posted by justlovetv

Hello everyone!🤗
I am finally back! The rains wrecked havoc with the underground wires here so I had no internet for 7 days😒

@Sindhu - Hope you enjoy your trip!

@Rashmi Di - Welcome back!

@Abhay - Will read them soon, now that my net is working!😃
Hey all. Just settling in and enjoying.was at kochi till monday. My sisters all re there.  It was fun and looking forward to going back. Came to my in laws place in madurai.  Its super super hot . Hence feeling tired pretty soon. 

Title:
Farman of Mughal Emperor Akbar to protect a 'Brahmin of Mathura' from the harassment of Mughal officials + Scan of Original Persian Document  + Connection with Maharana Pratap, Ajabde Bai Sa & Mariam-Uz-Zamani

Today, I am sharing a Farman which was given by Mughal Emperor Akbar to a Brahmin who lived in the suburbs of Mathura. This farman is first in the series of farmans, given by the Emperor to prevent this Brahmin saint - Shri Vithal Rai, from harassment at the hands of Imperial Mughal officers.

The Emperor had given clear orders that no one should interfere with this Brahmin as regards his faith etc. and they should allow him to worship as per his custom, keeping the welfare of the Empire in mind.

This Brahmin was also a guru of Ajabde Bai Sa, who was the wife of Maharana Pratap. And he was also a Guru of Mariam Uz Zamani..

Here is the BLOG POST link to this interesting article..
https://mariam-uz-zamani.blogspot.in/2015/06/first-farman-of-akbar-vithalrai-gokul.html

Here is the Link to the thread in JA Forum...
Farman of Akbar to a Brahmin of Mathura + Its connection with Maharana

Here is the Link to the thread in MP Forum...
Farman of Akbar to saint connected 2 Maharana Pratap and Ajabde Bai Sa

MIA as i am busy. Hope all are well here. :)

How are you all doing...Hope your weekend was fine and getting ready for the week.

Samy, many many happy returns of the day.

Abhay I am yet to read the recent posts you made. Will read soon and revert
Originally posted by SindhuMenon

How are you all doing...Hope your weekend was fine and getting ready for the week.

Samy, many many happy returns of the day.

Abhay I am yet to read the recent posts you made. Will read soon and revert
Thanks a lot Sindhu🤗 Got your message on FB and Twitter as well!😳

Hi Sindhu,

Hope your vacations were fine. :)

Will look forward to your views on the posts. :))

Hi All

Made a New Post, the 4th in Chittor Battle series..

In the previous post in the Chittor Battle Series, we read about the battles which happened BEFORE the main Battle of Chittor, i.e., the 'Saka' in February 1568. Mewar was a big state. We saw that, along with Chittor, which was the capital of Mewar, the other regions  which faced (simultaneous) attacks were - Mandalgarh, Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh, Rampur, Bijolia, etc.

Now that the detailed background of this war is clear, let's discuss one of the most awaited events in which almost all of you had expressed interest. Many of you wanted to know how this battle was ACTUALLY fought and how the two sides engaged in combat for 5 months before the ultimate 'annihilation'.

In the part-5 post, which will come after this, that will be about the events following the fall of the commander of Chittor - Jaimal and the consequent Jauhar and Saka conducted by the Rajput women and defenders of the Fort of Chittor.

In this post, i am giving a detailed description of the course of the Battle of Chittor. This is part-4 in the series.This includes all the events BEFORE the Jauhar and Saka in Chittor.

Abu'l Fazl in Akbarnamam while describing the Battle of Chittor says -> " No one ever saw such a battle, Nor ever heard of such from the experienced ones, What shall I say of this battle and engagement, I cannot mention one item out of a hundred thousand. "     

This Post also contains 3 BIG portraits from Akbarnama with as much DETAILED explanations as possible :

1. About the Mining done by Mughal Forces.

2. About the "explosion" which killed many soldiers on 17th December 1567.

3. Akbar shoots Jaimal with his matchlock.

It is interesting to know that a LOT of gunpowder was used in this battle. For example : On the night of 17th December 1567, more than 7500 Kilograms of gunpowder was set to fire to explode the walls of Chittor Fort.!!!

Link to that Post is here ->

ACTUAL Struggle between Mughal - Rajput Forces - Course of War Before the Jauhar and Saka | Battle of Chittor Part-4 | With explained Portraits from Akbarnama

From all the accounts, it can be seen that the battle of Chittor was long and hard.

Both the sides fought with a single-minded determination to win the battle at any cost

For the Rajputs, it was a do-or-die battle to save the fort and the honor of Mewar.

For the Mughals, it was both a Holy War / Jehad  (as per Abu'l Fazl and a bitter farman of Emperor Akbar to be posted in coming posts) . Also, it was an opportunity to capture entire Rajputana and bring it under Mughal sovereignty.

The description of this war is nothing short of reading an action novel, where the soldiers engaged in heroic struggle for 5-6 months.!!

Other Posts in this Series

Here are the links to the previous parts of the Chittor Battle Series. 

1. Why did Akbar attack Chittor ? | Part-1

2. Preparation of Rajputs - Battle of Chittor | Part-2

3. Battles BEFORE the Battle of Chittor - At Kumbhalgarh, Rampur, Udaipur, Mandalgarh | Part-3

History of Jaimal and Patta | HEROes of the 3rd Siege of Chittor

Would like to hear your views.. Do post, after going through the post..

Link of JA Forum Thread:
New Post LINK..Struggle btw Mughal-Rajput Forces | Battle of Chittor

Link of MP Forum Thread:
New Post..ACTUAL Struggle btw Mughal-Rajput Forces | Battle of Chittor

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago