JA CC #4, History Thread Discussions for Invitees Only - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by SindhuMenon

Good Morning to all. Could not sleep much so woke up early..

@bold: same here. I can never look at her in the same angle.I did not watch her whole drama yesterday..I just hated when the whole crowd kept quiet when Jalal questioned Jodha.
Everyone in Agra has no guts...just keep quiet when they required to open their mouths🤢
Originally posted by justlovetv

Everyone in Agra has no guts...just keep quiet when they required to open their mouths🤢

I agree with you.. The last JJ scenes, I really had tears in my eyes. I know husband and wife do fight, have problem which will be solved. Jodha has such an innocent face and the way she talks, I felt sad and more angry with HB and irritated with Jodha.😭
I had a glimpse of that witch yesterday .She reminds me of somebody's real life wife .
Look at some of the nonsensical comments people have made in support of Salman khan.
Really it shows their thinking .
Originally posted by Rashmi81

😆
Actually ,I am a great fan of women here as they carry such clothes very elegantly .And many of them have perfect physique for that .It really doesn't look vulgar .
And other thing is that public is decent enough to bother them ,sorry to say but in India the story is different all together .
It's not only the mavali types   but there are many highly educated men who do obscene gestures.
The whole look out has to go crucial change in our culture .

Totally agree with your point, your last sentence is bang on.👏 You do not have to be sorry for speaking the truth, Rashmi. The mindset and perception towards dressing up in our culture needs a radical reform. I see it in many Indians living here since decades and I'm shocked. Several educated ones too as you said so well. I do not advocate skimpy clothes but at the same time I also know of people who think that women wearing a swim suit is equal to committing sin and cast aspersions on her character.

Look at some of the nonsensical comments people have made in support of Salman khan.
Really it shows their thinking .

It is just terrible, some are actually justifying why should he be outside prison...he has committed an offence and will obviously go to jail...any amount of charity or good will cannot take away the fact that he was drunk driving and that he killed a person...
Originally posted by justlovetv

It is just terrible, some are actually justifying why should he be outside prison...he has committed an offence and will obviously go to jail...any amount of charity or good will cannot take away the fact that he was drunk driving and that he killed a person...
Samy ,
Feeling sad for him is one thing and going and attacking our law system when it does good is so senseless,People like Abhijeet who even commented on those poor people shows his insensitivity and immaturity .

Originally posted by Charu.S

Totally agree with your point, your last sentence is bang on.👏 You do not have to be sorry for speaking the truth, Rashmi. The mindset and perception towards dressing up in our culture needs a radical reform. I see it in many Indians living here since decades and I'm shocked. Several educated ones too as you said so well. I do not advocate skimpy clothes but at the same time I also know of people who think that women wearing a swim suit is equal to committing sin and cast aspersions on her character.
Charu ,
Great points .
Actually many desis like aping Americans specifically in dressing, I have no objection but atleast see to it what care you should take when you have to wear short clothes .This applies both to men and women.Men should also be careful that while taking the shirt off on beach .
Edited by Rashmi81 - 8 years ago

Charu ,
Great points .
Actually many desis like aping Americans specifically in dressing, I have no objection but atleast see to it what precautions you should take when you have to wear short clothes .This applies both to men and women.Men should also be careful that while taking the shirt off on beach .

Ha ha, well said.😆 Exposure applies to both men and women. 

There is a certain taste and intelligence that needs to be applied when Indians ape Western outfits. i have also seen desis blindly following western trends that do not suit the indian body frame at all. sometimes they do it in ignorance, more often to give themselves the feeling of being 'cool'. 

I work for a school run by the Parish and the staff members have a strict dress code to follow, so do the students. they have to wear a uniform based on certain strict restrictions. Most work places here do require for their executives to follow dress decorum. 

I have no issues with how the locals dress up, however I do believe that us desis aping certain fashions based on current trends uncaring of how inappropriate it may look or how wrongly they may be projecting their truly good selves just by their appearance is also asking for unnecessary trouble.

At the same time, I have no issues with youngsters wearing dresses or shorts as long as there is no indecent exposure. The clothes that a woman wears should not be a basis of judgement about her personality or character. I have seen this trend amongst several Indians here. I have seen it happening before me, innocent teenagers from good families being maligned for wearing pretty dresses, decent shorts, T-shirts and have myself given their detractors an earful. We need to evolve with time, not become regressive after living here for ages.

During my last visit to India, I saw several college goers in a fairy conservative city like Chennai wearing shorts, tank tops and halter dresses. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Now, how certain sections of  Indian men perceive these girls will be a different discussion altogether.
Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago