Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Salman Khan's conviction and imprisonment for it or not? (Page 3)

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
This debate is over before even got  started LOL  cause no one disagree that he shouldn't be  convicted LOL

9tanki IF-Rockerz

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

What took 13 years was undone in two days. Not many could have afforded the defense lawyer, Harish Salve's  fees of Rs 30 lakh a day . Ravindra Patil the constable, assigned as Salman's bodyguard in 2002 when the actor  had complained of getting underworld threats  had been the prime witness and under a lot of pressure to withdraw his statement . He had stated that it was a drunk Salman who had been driving the SUV that killed one and injured several others that night. . Patil  was later arrested and locked in Arthur Road jail  for not appearing in court.  He also lost his job and died a beggar . Wont be surprised if the lawyers somehow "prove" that Salman hadnt been driving at all! Is that what the actor's much touted  "being Human" was all  about?   

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/was-justice-served-common-man-s-verdict-in-salman-khan-case/article1-1345162.aspx

I am equally skeptical, I think this reformation and all the being human, good deeds and charity, is perhaps a calculated cause of action to help him in this case, he knew it would come this day, so he cleaned up his act and worked hard to go out of his way to help others so they could all testify to his good character. So the witness ex constable Ravindra Patil was probably bribed not to appear in court and was imprisoned for not testifying to collaborate his earlier statement, the bribe also didn't last as he died a beggar, why he didn't go back to Salman for more money? 

Its a shame that after 13 years of work, its all unravelled in 2 days for the justice system. I feel the courts also were helping him the lower court taking so long to give him time to clean up his act and do his charity, we can't put it down to the fact they have too many cases, it seems like they wanted to help him clean up his act and reform without going to prison again. 

But saying all these things I still feel when you kill someone by accident drunk or not that person's life you've taken has to have some value, and I keep asking this to everyone on here but no-one has tried to answer it, but I will say it again, I feel if the homeless guy had no-one to turn to, no friends or family to keep him during his bad times for him to turn his life around, no job, he had no dependents to provide for, what value did he have to society?

The law says Salman should be prosecuted but if we think of the victim what was he to society? What was his contribution presently or his future prospects?
-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LovelyPlanet

well his intention was not to kill anyone, accidents happen all the time. He has been remorseful since the accident and has helped 1000s of people with his own money.

There are people vouching for his goodness.

Moreover there are 100s of politicians who are responsible for killings, loot all nations money and never seem regretful at all. Compared to them he is saint, so putting him in the jail is not going to be fair.

Thank you for your contribution, I agree that they is a culture of parliamentarians being murderers, thieves, and showing no remorse and the fact they are legislators has made them immune from prosecution whilst actors seem easy pickings for prosecution. The Bollywood celebrities only have their money to use to fight back and on the face of it no power to stop being dragged through the court system, but what we see on the face it and what has happened in this case its like hoodwinking the public with the way they overturned the verdict of the lower court and the length of time to improve his image as well. But point taken too many legislators are getting away with murder, graft and robbery.   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

-shabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-shabz-
-shabz-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Couldnt he had helped the family of the person who he killed?
What if the victim was the only earner of the family? 
Salman going to jail is not going to help them, yes justice has been served, and no one is above the law but I would have preferred if the victims family was well taken care off for life.
Qirat. Senior Member
Qirat.
Qirat.

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Salman's life is full on Bollywood film LOL Rich boy, gets stardom, he falls in love, becomes possessive of his girlfriend, girlfriend leaves him, starts drinking & made some mistake before coming back to his senses.. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nafisa-

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
A Forwarded Message:

Salman Khan's out on bail:

He has hired prominent lawyer Harish Salve...

54 year old Harish Salve, former Solicitor General of India, is, arguably, today's most expensive lawyer in India. He has represented high-profile cases like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Prakash Singh Badal and Lalit Modi but his reputation (and legal fees!) started sky-rocketing after he won Mukesh Ambani's gas dispute against brother Anil who was represented by Ram Jethmalani. His latest ongoing case is representing Ratan Tata who has gone to the Supreme Court claiming that his privacy has been violated in the Nira Radia tapes scandal.

Hiring Harish Salve as a lawyer does not come cheap. He charges a massive fee of Rs 30 lakhs per day. His fees alone is supposed to have cost Mukesh Ambani a whopping Rs 15 crore. Even this pales into insignificance when you compare it with the Rs 60 crore which he is supposed to have collected in the Forest Case of TN Godavarman Thirumulpad.  In addition, he has to be provided overnight five-star suites and first class air-tickets. A dinner for him and his team at a five star hotel can cost over Rs 2 lakh. Clients have been known to present him a hot Vertu phone or a Jaeger-LeCoutre watch to keep him in good mood. Further, Salve will  only accept the first brief. In other words, he will never be the second counsel to anyone else in any case. Salve drives a Bentley and has a holiday home in Goa. Fashion conscious Salve visits London frequently to shop for his clothes. That is, when his clients do not get them for him as in the case of Mukesh Ambani who is supposed to have bought an entire wardrobe of clothes for him when fighting against his brother!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3-Nafisa-

K.Universe. Goldie
K.Universe.
K.Universe.

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Verity.

Originally posted by K.Universe.

P.S: Read Abhijeet's tweets. I will wait for the day he comes under a wheel, himself. I have patience.

LOL on the the bold you are waiting to see him suffer under the law himself...

Not wheels of justice. Wheels of a truck.

Originally posted by .Verity.

But saying all these things I still feel when you kill someone by accident drunk or not that person's life you've taken has to have some value, and I keep asking this to everyone on here but no-one has tried to answer it, but I will say it again, I feel if the homeless guy had no-one to turn to, no friends or family to keep him during his bad times for him to turn his life around, no job, he had no dependents to provide for, what value did he have to society?

The law says Salman should be prosecuted but if we think of the victim what was he to society? What was his contribution presently or his future prospects?

The system operates under the principle "equality before the law". It just means all people are subject to the same laws of justice regardless of their standing in the society.

As for value, it is relative (value of one instrument or entity is expressed in terms of value of another) and subjective (what is valuable to me is not valuable to you) The expression "value to society" assumes that society is a living, breathing organism that needs to march ahead and  flourish at all costs. There is no stated purpose like that anywhere, we humans just assumed that it so. In actuality, it doesn't matter whether society A collapses and society B flourishes or if society B collapses and society A flourishes or if all societies collapse and there is total annihilation or if all societies flourish and there is joy everywhere.  In that sense, all humans have the same value. Zero. No one human is more "valuable" than the other. To assume otherwise would mean, all that has happened in the human history and all that is happening now means something at the "end of it". It doesn't mean anything. But if you insist it does, then it begs the question " to who?".

So, to answer your question, we are all as "worthless" as the person who died. Conversely, the person who died has the same "worth" as any of us.

Go to top