Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Salman Khan's conviction and imprisonment for it or not? (Page 2)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Why did the judge take 13 years? There are innumerous pending cases in our judiciary. Salman's wasn't the only case. Our judicial system is burdened by much more serious cases.

For it or not? I'm really indifferent. These criminal cases and all are just so unfortunate in anyone's lives. There's nothing to be happy about. It's sad that your fellow humans commit crimes at others' expense.
 Lawyers know how to take advantage of the system and drag matters forever.
I wont be surprised if they another loop hole to get him out soon.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nafisa-

alizey89 Senior Member
alizey89
alizey89

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Dead Dead

Edited by alizey89 - 07 May 2015 at 10:27am
-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Originally posted by .Verity.

Salman Khan's conviction and imprisonment for it or not?

1. All for it.

2. About damn time!

3. Strictly speaking, there is no justice or recompense for the victims of any crime. But this punishment might help a few to place faith in law.

P.S: Read Abhijeet's tweets. I will wait for the day he comes under a wheel, himself. I have patience.

LOL on the the bold you are waiting to see him suffer under the law himself, I don't know Abhijeet too well, but I gather from what you said that he is no angel and has been a naughty boy too. But his tweets he was the one saying they shouldn't be people sleeping on the pavement, well where can they go really? If no housing is provided for them by govt friends and family when they are in hard times? 
-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 9tanki

Originally posted by .Verity.

So what does everyone think about this case?

1. Justice served at last 13 years later?

2. But it took 13 years for the judge to give his verdict, why did the judge take so long? Did he hope for Salman to pay off the person that brought the charges on Salman, like witnesses, or Salman to make up an excuse it wasn't me driving and plead not guilty?

3. Being as the guy was homeless I'm assuming he had no-one to turn to, no family to stay on their sofa or floor whilst he got his life together, so who is mourning him? Can that be excusable that he wasn't an earning member of society? the homeless guy had no family so his life had little value? Or the homeless guy still had a value to society, if so what exactly? 

Law system in India is a joke. If it takes 13 year to convict in lower court then how much more time will it take for the final verdict till it reaches supreme court. Sanjay dutt case was dragged for 20 years and then Supreme court gave verdict for 5 year jail of which 18 month he already spent in jail. Being celebrity or politician gives them flexibility to mold law as per their convenience. 

Salman has been doing great charity work for last 5 year, and thats why he didnt get 10+ imprisonment verdict. 

The person who died name is still not known but his Baigum sheikh was telling media she hasnt received any help. 

Its good to see celebrity coming in support of Salman, I wished they had shown same support to the victim family.

These high profile case are highlighting to us that justice is taking a long time as it goes through the various lower and higher court system, But I'm sure even in the west which also has this system would have started proceedings then in 2002 (for Salman's case) but most definitely a verdict would have been reached by 2003, at the latest, in the lower court and if it was then appealed to a higher court final verdict in Supreme court would have been reached much earlier then what has happened here. 

You know I highlighted that in the BBC article above that it seems the reason why he has this huge support from the community is because of his good deeds and charities, but when did it all start? Could it be it's a calculated thing he has done in order to show a reformation to his character and then get a reduced sentence? Now we hear on appeal to the high court the sentence is suspended completely so no jail time at all, it seems the delay in reaching a verdict has worked in his favour and I just wonder skeptically that perhaps the justice system which we all think was fair 2 days ago when the verdict was first given, but isn't, like they put the wool over the eyes of the watchers of this case. 

I have assumed the victim had no family, as no media has covered anything about them at all right, so I assumed he had no-one (neither friends or family). He was homeless does that mean he was not even working, if that's the case what value did he have to anyone? 

Starwalker. IF-Rockerz
Starwalker.
Starwalker.

BollyCurry Editor

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Salman Khans 5 year sentence is suspended by Bombay High Court.

I never knew celebrities had special privilages before the law 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ikhlass-Nafisa-

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:02am | IP Logged
well his intention was not to kill anyone, accidents happen all the time. He has been remorseful since the accident and has helped 1000s of people with his own money.

There are people vouching for his goodness.

Moreover there are 100s of politicians who are responsible for killings, loot all nations money and never seem regretful at all. Compared to them he is saint, so putting him in the jail is not going to be fair.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nafisa-

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:45am | IP Logged

What took 13 years was undone in two days. Not many could have afforded the defense lawyer, Harish Salve's  fees of Rs 30 lakh a day . Ravindra Patil the constable, assigned as Salman's bodyguard in 2002 when the actor  had complained of getting underworld threats  had been the prime witness and under a lot of pressure to withdraw his statement . He had stated that it was a drunk Salman who had been driving the SUV that killed one and injured several others that night. . Patil  was later arrested and locked in Arthur Road jail  for not appearing in court.  He also lost his job and died a beggar . Wont be surprised if the lawyers somehow "prove" that Salman hadnt been driving at all! Is that what the actor's much touted  "being Human" was all  about?   

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/was-justice-served-common-man-s-verdict-in-salman-khan-case/article1-1345162.aspx

Edited by _Angie_ - 08 May 2015 at 9:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

QuietlyLoudcharminggenie-Nafisa-

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:58am | IP Logged
It wasn;t just an accident. He was repeatedly told by the assigned constable about drunk driving and high speed. He RAN away after the incident, didn't even think of reporting it to the police or hospital. His intend was to hide.
What goodness? The fans who don't know him personally or the charity front he put up because he has money. So a rich guy can do anything and then have a charity to cover it all up.

He has perjured repeatedly. Messed with law, tried delaying tactics, has no remorse- hasn;t even accepted the mistake. 

He is a criminal and unfortunately he has a resources to cover it. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ikhlassQuietlyLoudclockworknerd-Nafisa-

Go to top