Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by lovely_lady

tbh -- i can completely see where Meera-Vidya are coming from in regards to their hostility to Gopi. Think about it from their perspective, they don't know the truth. All they know, thanks to Ahem and maybe Mansi, is that Gopi abandoned them to look after someone else's child. That stings man. Both girls, especially Meera are right to lash out at Gopi because they feel betrayed. It's true that Gopi did miss out on their formative years and was not there when the girls needed her the most. So I can see where the anger and resentment the two have for Gopi comes from (although even I admit that Meera's bratty behaviour with everyone else is too much). I strongly feel like once the truth comes out with the entire backstory, they'll realize how wrong they were about their mother. 

As for the question of whether a person can be an ex-mom. Idk. Probably not an ex-mom but yea, I don't think a birth mother necessarily has to be actual mom all the time. I think even adopted mothers or step moms can be more motherly and more "real moms" to kids than birth mothers -- if i'm making any sense LOL. 

Whatever it is, mother cannot be substituted or replaced.
Thank you for the interesting topic Kavita. ðŸ˜Š

Yes, I agree, I don't think the term 'ex-mom' exists. 

However, every individual in the world do not have the same experiences life. There are some people for whom their mother is a irreplaceable person in their lives. But then there are also some people who for various reasons do not have any form of connection or attachment to their biological mother. And I am speaking from personal experience here.

Now coming back to the show, Gopi is a very big example of the second kind. She does not seem to have any connection with her biological mother. She considers Kokila as her mother. When Kokila was on her death bed, Gopi made it very clear that under no circumstances can she live without her Maaji. But she seems to have no qualms with living without her biological mother. So we could say Gopi has replaced or substituted her biological mother with Kokila, even when her mother came back into her life.

Now coming to Gopi and Meera's relationship, Meera from her POV is not entirely wrong. Yes, she is under the misunderstanding about where Gopi was for the past 10 years and what she did. But when Gopi herself is not willing to tell Meera the truth, how can Gopi expect Meera to understand her?

What I don't get is when Kokila and Gopi firmly believe what Gopi did was right and for the good of the family, why does Gopi carry this fear of telling Meera and Vidya the truth? The way I see it, if you know in your heart what you did was the right thing, then even God is on your side and there is nothing to fear. The fact that she doesn't tell them makes me think that she does not believe she did the right thing. 

One more point I want to make is that I think Kokila so far is giving Gopi the wrong advice. Koki wants Gopi to fight for her rights as a wife for her own selfish reasons, so that Gopi and Ahem will patch up, move back to Modi Bhavan and then she can happily go back too. Now if she truly felt Gopi was her daughter, she would have advised her to fight for her rights as a mother first. Meera and Vidya are the ones who have been wronged by both their parents here. Gopi's priority should be to patch up things up with her daughters. Ahem should come second. Isn't that what a mother would do? 
The mother, who has given birth to a child cannot be replaced for sure.. Yes circumstances can make them go far but still that place cannot be taken by anyone. 

In case of Gopi, she did not even know that  her parents were alive.. When we all did not want CVs to introduce Gopi's parents, they did... she had no connection absolutely.. she was little when the haadsa happened near the water... since she was 6 or 7 Urmila raised her.. though Gopi considered Urmila as her own, Urmila never gave her the love of a mother...

So, what I am saying is Gopi knows what mother is...the kind of love only a mother can only love her child..

As for Kokila, Kokila is everything to Gopi... lot of reasons... she saw a mother figure in Kokila, but Madhu was not there when all  this happened, even when Gopi got married and things like that... 
But Gopi still loves her mother, I am sure.. she never raised her voice or anything like she left her at the river or anything like that...

Once I remember Gopi was talking to her mom on the phone, Kokila felt it too...

The truth should be told immediately.. no point in hiding things..
Originally posted by ani_gr

The mother, who has given birth to a child cannot be replaced for sure.. Yes circumstances can make them go far but still that place cannot be taken by anyone. 

In case of Gopi, she did not even know that  her parents were alive.. When we all did not want CVs to introduce Gopi's parents, they did... she had no connection absolutely.. she was little when the haadsa happened near the water... since she was 6 or 7 Urmila raised her.. though Gopi considered Urmila as her own, Urmila never gave her the love of a mother...

So, what I am saying is Gopi knows what mother is...the kind of love only a mother can only love her child..

As for Kokila, Kokila is everything to Gopi... lot of reasons... she saw a mother figure in Kokila, but Madhu was not there when all  this happened, even when Gopi got married and things like that... 
But Gopi still loves her mother, I am sure.. she never raised her voice or anything like she left her at the river or anything like that...

Once I remember Gopi was talking to her mom on the phone, Kokila felt it too...

The truth should be told immediately.. no point in hiding things..

Yes Gayathri, agree with your points. We both lost our mothers. It is a real life thing. Though Kokila treated Gopi as her daughter, she was missing her parents. At that time, Kokila comforted her & told her the same that, you can get mother's love from someone but no one can substitute biological parents.

I don't think ex-mom exists. There is only one biological mother no matter what. Meera is not wrong from her POV but she is disowning her real mother.

Agree kavitha fully... ðŸ˜”
Also if you notice Gopi never called Kokila Maa, she always called Maa ji.. we all once wanted her to call her Maa...because so close, that's the time they introduced her parents...
Originally posted by ani_gr

Agree kavitha fully... ðŸ˜”
Also if you notice Gopi never called Kokila Maa, she always called Maa ji.. we all once wanted her to call her Maa...because so close, that's the time they introduced her parents...

That is 100% true. Even Kokila says her Gopi Vahu instead of Gopi dikra. But Hetal calls her Gopi dikra.
nice topic
I llke this new term which Meera has introduced

It can only be said  by someone as foolish as Meera
ever since this leap, I find the most foolish person being Meera
Originally posted by sanw

nice topic
I llke this new term which Meera has introduced

It can only be said  by someone as foolish as Meera
ever since this leap, I find the most foolish person being Meera

Thanks a lot.😊 Yes, Meera is the most foolish person in the show. Her understanding is very shallow.