Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I've never worshiped/idolized BW celebs.But I've a bad habit of connecting to a movie when my favourite actors star in them.No matter how well the execution or storyline is ,I cant relate to characters unless ts portrayed by actors I like.I relate more to a theme when its essayed by performers I like..starts really feeling the emotions, finding dialogues deep bla blah:p..Like Geet wud've never been so crazy,endearing and vulnerable to me if PC or Parineeti did that role..Geet isnt some award worthy,sensational,challenging role for an actress to essay...But for me its an iconic character in BW and its close to my heart mainly cuz Kareena was so flawless..she gets 70% credit...Bidya/Jhimli might be far more intriguing but I dont adore them as Geet

So thing is basically my interest in BW in wanning with Khan era getting over(SRK & Salman count for me...Salman well I dont see him doing any movies for a long period..SRK looks like he lost interest in acting period.Its nt just he makes crap like CE,he himself aint enjoying performing..mite be the reason for hamming & going OTT) Bebo is giving the vibe as if she is semi retired lol..I dont think she will pursue a BW career for long given her current movie selection,planning...Sid is the only one I have a connect with, among new gen actors(sure there are far better actors like RK and performers like RS but I cant gather same enthusiasm and excitement abt their career or personal life lol)..But I dunno where his career going or how long he will survive..so things are kinda bleak..BW's charm aint the same anymore..Maybe m shallow..Its got nothing to do with celeb worship..Simply BW cant generate the same interest in me with my fav actors disappearing.
Edited by Neela-Paani - 8 years ago
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I always knew that these BW celebs will stand with their own and rich people but the way some of them are doing it openly by showing a complete disregard to the real victims and their families is disgusting . All their fight for social causes and preachiness on twitter etc is just a facade .
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: erikalui

First of all, I don't think you live in India and I may not talk sense but I definitely am not senseless to say that poor people should live in playgrounds and parks.

The Government is completely responsible for these people who sleep on the road and it's their responsibility to give the poor homes. I guess in no other country we can see people living on the streets and that's because the Government helps such people but here in India, in doesn't happen.

Cursing poor people and calling them dumb and idiots is just being insensitive to them when I know very well that they are not at fault.

Again I called sleeping on Roads dumb and idiotic not the people. I called the act idiotic.

Its like saying drinking/smoking is dumb. Doesn't translate to people who drink are so.

Cursing poor people?πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Anything to make a case ; is it now??
Colossial thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Nope u r nobel person... U want to eradicate homeless ppl to get rid of homelessness. πŸ‘

Please understand that no one is homeless because of choice. They do not have enough income to maintain a decent roof on their head. Hell they do not have a regular source of income so these people even do not get regular food. These people have came from those villages in Bharat( not India) where there is no sanitation, no clean water or medical treatment. So forget the access to schools for complete education.So no income to feed the family and so the movement towards the cities. Have you ever asked ladies who work as maids and daily wage labourers why they are in cities. Some of the have lost their lands to moneylenders and some of their main earning member has  committed suicide.

If you can provide basic necessities in these villages by electing a right government and questioning them any wrongs. But we are more busy with caste, religion and checking in star bucks than doing this.

Sorry  for this such a long rant on condition of Indian Villages in a bollywood forum. I just cannot bear such ignorance about our country.
Colossial thumbnail
Originally posted by: Piyatrix

@ Arsal: So u are saying that those poor people deserve to die. Sleeping on the street is not out of choice, they do it cos they have no other option. Is it so difficult to understand? Those who live in Mumbai like Salman is aware of this. Infact constable Ravindra Patil warned him to slow down, knowing people were sleeping there he didn't.

Drunk drivers cause major accident everywhere @Arsal. Even in the broad daylight. Many people have died or have been severely injured. Even the drivers life is at risk. Please read newspapers once. Do not drive if you are drunk, or have taken drugs, sleeping pills, neurological relaxers or if your doctor has asked not to drive. A driver who has no control over his/her vehicle is a danger for everyone on the road and off the road and for himself also.

But I want to. Pray tell me whom should I..
Colossial thumbnail
Originally posted by: bramcote46

I always knew that these BW celebs will stand with their own and rich people but the way some of them are doing it openly by showing a complete disregard to the real victims and their families is disgusting . All their fight for social causes and preachiness on twitter etc is just a facade .

@bramcote46- The interest in social causes is a facede created by the PR hired by the star. If the star is shown in bad light then the star would not get ads worth in crores and his/her movies would flop. And the so called stars supoorting salman are those who need Salman's help either for getting a movie or getting their movie hit and to stop newbies to stop entering Bollywood.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Again I called sleeping on Roads dumb and idiotic not the people. I called the act idiotic.

Its like saying drinking/smoking is dumb. Doesn't translate to people who drink are so.

OK. I agree that sleeping on streets is dumb and idiotic but sleeping in playgrounds and gardens is intelligent πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

I am not allowed to enter any garden after 6-7 p.m. and other people will be readily allowed to sleep there πŸ˜†

In which book is it written that people should sleep on any empty grounds, playgrounds, gardens or millions of other places. I was told that people live in houses. May be I learnt wrong πŸ˜‰

Many people even build their own houses in these empty lands and they are broken down as it's considered illegal. Hence they all land up on streets and since I live in Mumbai, I am very well aware of their state and hence I don't crack jokes on them.

It's because of the Government only that these people sleep on the streets and hence the Government is dumb and idiotic and I agree that they are. In fact, I everyday curse the Government πŸ˜†

I don't know even why am I arguing when you can't understand why these people sleep on the streets. Have you even been to India? Have you met these street people? Do you know what struggles they have faced in life and landed on the streets? 
Edited by erikalui - 8 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Again, let me repeat, the victims of Salman's drunk driving crash were NOT sleeping on the ROAD, they were sleeping on the sidewalk or footpath.

I think these particular victims worked at the bakery into which Salman crashed, his SUV rammed into the store shutters, after crushing the workers sleeping right in front of the shutters.

People who drink and drive are not only DUMB, they are BREAKING THE LAW ...DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Thats a LAW common to all countries!

Salman IS a criminal, he broke all the road rules...1) He DROVE without a LICENCE, 2) He DRANK too much and DROVE...inspite of Constable Patil begging him not to drive and 
3) He was driving too fast, over the speed limit and made a sudden swerve, getting on top of the footpath, crushing the sleeping people and crashing into the storefront.

Car drivers should drive on the ROADS, NOT on footpaths. Footpaths are there for walking and in many cases, resting places for poor homeless people (not only in India but in rich countries too there are homeless people sleeping on the sidewalks in front of city stores)

Even if those homeless people were not sleeping on the footpath, there could have been someone walking on the footpath, there could have been someone standing there waiting for something...any human being could have been there whom Salman would have killed with his criminal recklessness.

Drunk driving is a serious CRIME! 
Sleeping on footpaths is NOT a crime, nor is it Illegal! 

atominis thumbnail
Some posts on this thread are beyond disgusting.

Do these people have any idea about India and lives of poor, homeless people? Do they know about migrants?

They have no idea at all and have the nerve to tell where people should live or not live, which city they should go to or not!

As if the poor person is going to choose and analyse each city and settle where his talent is utilised in best possible manner!

Such posts are quite indicative of the kind of thinking some people have and the kind of fans celebs cater to.

Driving car on footpath, driving when drunk are DUMB. It could have killed someone walking on the footpath too!

Blaming government and the poor, blaming everything else but not accepting that drunk driving is a criminal offence is what that's actually dumb!