Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

From where does Salman come into this discussion?? Have I even mentioned him??

And who is mocking people here?? I know what it is like being poor. Have lived with such people and have tried my best to help them too.

You yourself said sleeping on footpaths is dumb and idiotic! So you are mocking the homeless people, arent you? 
You said there are a thousand other places to sleep...can you list some?
Are there any homeless shelters in Mumbai? Is there any government program for them to have a shelter close to their workplaces? 
Parks and playgrounds are off-limits to the homeless, night duty cops will drive them out of there.
Any other options?
pallavi25 thumbnail

Then they shouldn't be in Mumbai in the first place. Live where you have the best chance of supporting your family and where you don't have to put your life at risk.

This is how life works. You move to the place where you have the best chance of survival and where your talents can be appreciated enough for you to make a living so you can live the happiest life possible.

These laborers are mostly from impoverished villages and drought-struck rural areas of India.
They leave their villages and come to Mumbai as they can earn a bare minimum wage for their own survival and send some money back home. 

Back home in their villages they would be starving because their crops fail due to drought OR evil, bloodsucking moneylenders and landlords take most of their crops from farming.

Everyday, hundreds of such poor desperate villagers migrate to big cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata to earn some money working on construction sites, or doing other hard labor jobs.
 Sometimes whole families migrate to the city, parents work hard labor, kids work in tea stalls etc. 

They dont have enough money to rent the smallest room, moreover in overcrowded cities there often aren't enough living spaces available to fit the miniscule budget of such poor folks.

These people are not well educated that they have the talents to go and live anywhere they want and do office jobs.

One needs to understand the underlying factors and situation of these homeless rural/urban poor to be more sympathetic to their plight. 
Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pallavi25

You yourself said sleeping on footpaths is dumb and idiotic! So you are mocking the homeless people, arent you? 
You said there are a thousand other places to sleep...can you list some?
Are there any homeless shelters in Mumbai? Is there any government program for them to have a shelter close to their workplaces? 
Parks and playgrounds are off-limits to the homeless, night duty cops will drive them out of there.
Any other options?

That why I said government is responsible on a huge scale too. A thousand was just a figure of speech.

And do you really think each and every park/ ground (read ground) has a police officer stationed to keep people away from sleeping at night. I was in Mumbai last year and saw people laying out sheets and sleeping in a ground. No one seemed to stop them.

One Google search tells there are such shelters in Mumbai and by the looks of it some are unoccupied as well. Of-course noway near enough but still.

Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pallavi25

These laborers are mostly from impoverished villages and drought-struck rural areas of India.
They leave their villages and come to Mumbai as they can earn a bare minimum wage for their own survival and send some money back home. 

Back home in their villages they would be starving because their crops fail due to drought OR evil, bloodsucking moneylenders and landlords take most of their crops from farming.

Everyday, hundreds of such poor desperate villagers migrate to big cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata to earn some money working on construction sites, or doing other hard labor jobs.
 Sometimes whole families migrate to the city, parents work hard labor, kids work in tea stalls etc. 

They dont have enough money to rent the smallest room, moreover in overcrowded cities there often aren't enough living spaces available to fit the miniscule budget of such poor folks.

These people are not well educated that they have the talents to go and live anywhere they want and do office jobs.

One needs to understand the underlying factors and situation of these homeless rural/urban poor to be more sympathetic to their plight. 

I do and I am sympathetic to them. That is why I said what I did.
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

That why I said government is responsible on a huge scale too. A thousand was just a figure of speech.

And do you really think each and every park/ ground (read ground) has a police officer stationed to keep people away from sleeping at night. I was in Mumbai last year and saw people laying out sheets and sleeping in a ground. No one seemed to stop them.

One Google search tells there are such shelters in Mumbai and by the looks of it some are unoccupied as well. Of-course noway near enough but still.

Do you really think homeless people prefer sleeping on streets rather than parks? They may be uneducated but still value their life. If there is a safer alternative, they would obviously go to it.
pallavi25 thumbnail

Of course the government is to be blamed! If they helped these urban laborers with low cost housing they wouldnt have to sleep on the footpaths.

Regarding parks and playgrounds it depends on their proximity to these poor people's workplaces. How many open spaces and parks are there in crowded cities like Mumbai?
Very few and far between. 
Then every night the homeless would have to take a bus (spending hard earned money) or walk all the way to the nearest park...and then there is every possibility of police driving them away in the middle of the night when they come on patrol duty.

Everything said and done we cannot blame the poor homeless people for sleeping on footpath for the crimes of night time drunken driving by movie stars or millionaire's sons!
These privileged pricks think the world is under their feet and they can crush anyone with their manslaughter vehicles.

Salman was driving without a licence too...the court shd have punished him a long time ago and he shd have admitted his crime 13 yrs ago...then he would get a lighter sentence. Admission of guilt and true repentance always helps the perpetrator in legal cases.

ElOqUeNcE thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I will...n plz we dnt need anyone advice...ppl can keep their MP wid themslf...no one is intrested
tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: briahna

accept my sincere apologies for hitting your soft spot.

haha... good one Bri
😉
xoFanArtiqzox thumbnail
#curious to know how will they design mr khan's jail!! normally they have aircond+tv+comfortable bed n a private loo LOLLL!! 

#takecare Mr.Khan till u get married 

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

From where does Salman come into this discussion?? Have I even mentioned him??

And who is mocking people here?? I know what it is like being poor. Have lived with such people and have tried my best to help them too.

First of all, I don't think you live in India and I may not talk sense but I definitely am not senseless to say that poor people should live in playgrounds and parks.

The Government is completely responsible for these people who sleep on the road and it's their responsibility to give the poor homes. I guess in no other country we can see people living on the streets and that's because the Government helps such people but here in India, in doesn't happen.

Cursing poor people and calling them dumb and idiots is just being insensitive to them when I know very well that they are not at fault.