Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Rhino2close2car

I do feel bad hence why I have been saying the morning that they need help . But I also believe that gods helps those that helps themselves . Im open to helping them but they need make efforts as well .

Do you have any idea how many daily laborers, tea stall workers etc, sleep on the footpath in Mumbai?

They work hard all day but dont make enough money to rent even a tiny space in a chawl. 
 As many as 15-16 men share a small room in Mumbai to make ends meet. 

In such circumstances many poor folks have no other option than to sleep on the footpath. 

If they sleep in public parks the Mumbai police chase them away.

BTW I have seen homeless people sleep on the sidewalk even in New York City...seen it with my own eyes so this situation of homelessness is found everywhere in the world. 
Yes, I saw a homeless woman in downtown NYC lie down in front of a closed store, she pulled some old newspapers over her as a blanket (it was really cold) she put all her belongings in a bag under her head as a pillow (they are called bag ladies)... thats how she kept her few belongings safe from criminals...and then she went to sleep. 
Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Oh please, I am no Salman fan. He has done a crime and he will pay the price as he rightfully should.

Don't try to bring that in this discussion.

Now for the sleeping part; yes there are many other places to sleep that the roads. In-fact road should not be even the last place where you should sleep, roads, not even streets.
One needs to take care of his life first. Its too important to be lost in such a way even if you are homeless.

A random biker can run you over for no fault of his when you are lying or a road or a pavement. The people themselves and the government for a huge part are responsible for this.

Again this doesn't give people the license to drive drunk and kill people. Why people mix the two is beyond me.

India's population density is around 420 people/square km and there are approximately 300 million people living below the poverty line. Where do you expect them to stay?
Edited by HippoSucks - 8 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pallavi25

Do you have any idea how many daily laborers, tea stall workers etc, sleep on the footpath in Mumbai?

They work hard all day but dont make enough money to rent even a tiny space in a chawl. 
 As many as 15-16 men share a small room in Mumbai to make ends meet. 

In such circumstances many poor folks have no other option than to sleep on the footpath. 

If they sleep in public parks the Mumbai police chase them away.

BTW I have seen homeless people sleep on the sidewalk even in New York City...seen it with my own eyes so this situation of homelessness is found everywhere in the world. 
Yes, I saw a homeless woman in downtown NYC lie down in front of a closed store, she pulled some old newspapers over her as a blanket (it was really cold) she put all her belongings in a bag under her head as a pillow (they are called bag ladies)... thats how she kept her few belongings safe from criminals...and then she went to sleep. 

Correct on everything you have said.

@Bold Don't you think that is a better option??
HippoSucks thumbnail

Correct on everything you have said.

@Bold Don't you think that is a better option??

It probably is better than living on the streets, but 15 random homeless individuals aren't just going to get together and rent out a room.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rhino2close2car

They need to get some work ethic ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Lazy f**kers

Let me guess...you are a Republican, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
-Arsal- thumbnail
Originally posted by: erikalui

@bold: Give them a home then. Give them food then. Salman has also done good deeds. Follow his foot steps and be kind and a HUMAN if you really respect him for his good work. Out of those millions of places, try to make them get atleast one place. If you can't, then you have no right to mock/criticize them. 

If you mock a person just because he doesn't have money, it only proves that you are proud of your riches. Pride and Crime never pays. We are born in this world without any money and we die as well without any money.

Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

From where does Salman come into this discussion?? Have I even mentioned him??

And who is mocking people here?? I know what it is like being poor. Have lived with such people and have tried my best to help them too.

pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: HippoSucks

It probably is better than living on the streets, but 15 random homeless individuals aren't just going to get together and rent out a room.

The men sharing the room are the lucky ones. Even for a single room in a chawl they have to pay advance money and deposit. 
The footpath dwellers often have to sleep close to their workplaces so they dont have to spend money and time on commuting everyday. 
Its a question of surviving on minimum wages in a horribly expensive city like Mumbai
-Arsal- thumbnail
Then they shouldn't be in Mumbai in the first place. Live where you have the best chance of supporting your family and where you don't have to put your life at risk.

This is how life works. You move to the place where you have the best chance of survival and where your talents can be appreciated enough for you to make a living so you can live the happiest life possible.

Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
All I said was its a societal issue . Salman has been handled his future . Now hopefully the issue is taken care of . 
HippoSucks thumbnail

Then they shouldn't be in Mumbai in the first place. Live where you have the best chance of supporting your family and where you don't have to put your life at risk.

This is how life works. You move to the place where you have the best chance of survival and where your talents can be appreciated enough for you to make a living and you can live the happiest possible.

And what makes you think these people have the money to move through cities as per their wish?