Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 6th May 2015..Pics Pg-2..LONG analysis Pg-1 + Note Pg-12.. (Page 12)

devkidmd Senior Member
devkidmd
devkidmd

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 7:19am | IP Logged
[

Thanks for your kind words on the other thread Radhika. Coming from someone who writes so well and whose posts I really enjoy reading it is a big compliment.

No DIL will tattle to her husband about his mother when the issue is so grave and will result in the MIL losing respect and face in front of her own son. We cannot apply 21st century sensibilities to 16th century. Even in this day and age mothers are put on a pedestal by their sons especially in India and very few DILs will do this to their husband's mother.

Jodha is right in not saying anything to Jalal about why she  did what she did except that she felt it was necessary to help the situation.

No one, not even SB or GB can tell Jalal. The only person who can and should do this is HB. She was the ringleader of the entire fiasco. SB, GB could have helped while Jalal was at war by supporting Jodha. If anyone but HB tells Jalal about her antics while he was busy fighting the war then her standing as MM and more importantly as a mother will be severely compromised. Jalal will lose respect for his mother at least to a certain degree anyway when he gets to know that she was behind this but it can still be limited if HB herself tells him the whole thing.
I just hope that it is done in a way that preserves her dignity and redeems her image.
I do think she was feeling very ashamed and guilty when Jalal was telling everyone about what had happened. She knew she was the cause of Jalal's tirade against Jodha. I hope that she has the courage to confess to her son.

As for the rest of the gang, I think they were just in shock that Jodha had actually gone to change her religion. They just did not know what to say at the time.

The one person I really empathise with more than Jodha is Jalal. He goes to fight a war for his principles, his values and his people, wins it and this is what he gets when he comes back. He is angry and upset and rightfully so. I just wish he had sent the bandhis and junior begums out of the room before unleashing his thoughts and feelings on Jodha.
Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to today!

Devki
[/QUOTE]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Charu.Shistory_geek

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Coolpree

Abhay, Radhika, Aady, Charu , Sindhu and Mishti...what wonderful posts and points of view.  I have not watched this dismal track for a while now and have no intention of watching in the future.  Like Radhika said no matter how much I try, I cannot relate to this show anymore.  "This historical" show is the figment of some very twisted and warped imagination.  

While the characters of MM, Gulbadan and now even Salima ( to some extent) have been butchered mercilessly, I am not personally invested in these characters so it does not upset me as much.

On the other hand I completely and totally reject this portrayal of Jodha/MUZ .  It no longer angers or saddens me because I am tired to reiterating the same point of view.  Mishti and Sindhu have expressed exactly what I feel about this character portrayal.  I would rather not be left with the impression that Jodha was this weepy,MUTE,  clueless, weak empress who could'nt even stand up for her husbands ideals let alone her own proud  Rajvanshi roots.  In this track she has completely lost the plot!!!

In published letters of  the East India Company, a British official (  a contemporary of MUZ) has provided us with a rare personal description of MUZ her self.  He describes her as " A Woman of high spirits"  , " A great adventurer" " With a taste for the Unusual".   

Even though the current scenario is different I want to ask my friends here a simple question... Since the Khyber track, Where in this serial have they given us even a hint  of the above described vibrant and strong personality she was supposed to be????

Unforgivable!!!  I can't wait for this to shut down.  I don't want the vast TV audience  to have this pitiful  impression of Jodha.  

Preeti,

Completely agree with you. There is a certain tolerance limit in everyone. Now, in this track, the level of tolerance is crossing all limits.

I really do not know what to say here. And, about the writers, i have a doubt they even know anything about MUZ that she was a trader apart from being a "crying lady" , and about Akbar that apart from being a ruler he had brought ENORMOUS reforms, each of which can be a track of min. 1 month in the show.

People request them to show Sati track, and they thrust "Kala Jaadu and Witch" on us. Do they even care for the feedback they get ?

I remember, i was "strongly contesting" with someone about MUZ's trading, a month back, and i mentioned the same document which you are referring here. Here is what i said -> 

" Read the Archives of British East India Company, Volume Number 2, Record Number 194, Published after 1610. You will find they talk about the mother of Jahangir as a "great trader women" who was "HIGHLY adventurous"..

There is a limit to give docs and ask for improvement in the show. But they do not listen. Do they do some favor on us if they write good tracks ? Though, i had stopped expecting this show to present any proper depiction of Akbar or MUZ long back, but at least one expects certain decency but it looks like the writers are ready to shred every left over piece of whatever image of theirs is in our mind.!

Not only this, even the Natkiye Rupanter of Shah-i-Iran track was not acceptable. Their fascination of including Salim in every matter is proving disastrous. It could have been presented in very nice fashion, showing political and religious conflict of Akbar, but Salim was thrusted on us. And now, when they are getting back to Jodha Akbar, they don't know how to handle the story.

I have accepted there is nothing which can make them, show proper tracks. They do horrible NR's of simple and well defined historical events. Latest was Shah-i-Iran track. Writing to them is almost meaningless, it looks. I have not seen such stubborness till now, after many failures. What stops them from showing a strong and sensible J-J ?

Edited by history_geek - 07 May 2015 at 7:29am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

smartfotografiCoolpreeSuganya.SCharu.SSindhuMenon

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 7:38am | IP Logged

Note:

Have some work today. If i watch the episode, will make an update thread, otherwise you can continue here, or someone else please make a thread for discussion. :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smartfotografiSindhuMenon

Suganya.S Goldie
Suganya.S
Suganya.S

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Abhay, Radhika, Aady, Charu , Sindhu and Mishti...what wonderful posts and points of view. I have not watched this dismal track for a while now and have no intention of watching in the future. Like Radhika said no matter how much I try, I cannot relate to this show anymore. "This historical" show is the figment of some very twisted and warped imagination.

While the characters of MM, Gulbadan and now even Salima ( to some extent) have been butchered mercilessly, I am not personally invested in these characters so it does not upset me as much.

On the other hand I completely and totally reject this portrayal of Jodha/MUZ . It no longer angers or saddens me because I am tired to reiterating the same point of view. Mishti and Sindhu have expressed exactly what I feel about this character portrayal. I would rather not be left with the impression that Jodha was this weepy,MUTE, clueless, weak empress who could'nt even stand up for her husbands ideals let alone her own proud Rajvanshi roots. In this track she has completely lost the plot!!!

In published letters of the East India Company, a British official ( a contemporary of MUZ) has provided us with a rare personal description of MUZ her self. He describes her as "A Woman of high spirits" , " A greatadventurer" " With a taste for the Unusual".

Even though the current scenario is different I want to ask my friends here a simple question... Since the Khyber track, Where in this serial have they given us even a hint of the above described vibrant and strong personality she was supposed to be????

Unforgivable!!! I can't wait for this to shut down. I don't want the vast TV audience to have this pitiful impression of Jodha.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
Preeti,

Completely agree with you. There is a certain tolerance limit in everyone. Now, in this track, the level of tolerance is crossing all limits.

I really do not know what to say here. And, about the writers, i have a doubt they even know anything about MUZ that she was a trader apart from being a "crying lady" , and about Akbar that apart from being a ruler he had brought ENORMOUS reforms, each of which can be a track of min. 1 month in the show.

People request them to show Sati track, and they thrust "Kala Jaadu and Witch" on us. Do they even care for the feedback they get ?

I remember, i was "strongly contesting" with someone about MUZ's trading, a month back, and i mentioned the same document which you are referring here. Here is what i said ->

" Read the
Archives of British East India Company, Volume Number 2, Record Number
194, Published after 1610. You will find they talk about the mother of
Jahangir as a "great trader women" who was "HIGHLY adventurous"..

There is a limit to give docs and ask for improvement in the show. But they do not listen. Do they do some favor on us if they write good tracks ? Though, i had stopped expecting this show to present any proper depiction of Akbar or MUZ long back, <font color="#0000FF">but at least one expects certain decency </font>but it looks like the writers are ready to shred every left over piece of whatever image of theirs is in our mind.!

Not only this, even the Natkiye Rupanter of Shah-i-Iran track was not acceptable. Their fascination of including Salim in every matter is proving disastrous. It could have been presented in very nice fashion, showing political and religious conflict of Akbar, but Salim was thrusted on us. And now, when they are getting back to Jodha Akbar, they don't know how to handle the story.

I have accepted there is nothing which can make them, show
proper tracks. They do horrible NR's of simple and well defined
historical events. Latest was Shah-i-Iran track. Writing to them is almost meaningless, it looks. I have not seen such stubborness till now, after many failures. What stops them from showing a strong and sensible J-J ?

</font>

Preeti n Abhay ,

I could clearly see the deep agony in ur words ... Believe me or not , I m in the same mood too !!! There is a certain level of tolerance for everything and I would say it has reached its saturation point Ouch

After the leap , I have completely lost hope on the serial and it was after enormous efforts of forum members n fans who started to comment on God track .. I gave it a sec chance , but now I have lost all the hope again !!! Somewhere it hurts me , n reasons well known n said by all Ouch

If the makers doesn't care to take the feedback , then its their loss n not us ... I just would like to say , that the cast n crew n deffo RT PS gets good future projects !!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeCharu.Shistory_geekSindhuMenon

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Abhay, Radhika, Aady, Charu , Sindhu and Mishti...what wonderful posts and points of view. I have not watched this dismal track for a while now and have no intention of watching in the future. Like Radhika said no matter how much I try, I cannot relate to this show anymore. "This historical" show is the figment of some very twisted and warped imagination.

On the other hand I completely and totally reject this portrayal of Jodha/MUZ . It no longer angers or saddens me because I am tired to reiterating the same point of view. Mishti and Sindhu have expressed exactly what I feel about this character portrayal. I would rather not be left with the impression that Jodha was this weepy,MUTE, clueless, weak empress who could'nt even stand up for her husbands ideals let alone her own proud Rajvanshi roots. In this track she has completely lost the plot!!!

In published letters of the East India Company, a British official ( a contemporary of MUZ) has provided us with a rare personal description of MUZ her self. He describes her as "A Woman of high spirits" , " A greatadventurer" " With a taste for the Unusual".

Even though the current scenario is different I want to ask my friends here a simple question... Since the Khyber track, Where in this serial have they given us even a hint of the above described vibrant and strong personality she was supposed to be????

Unforgivable!!! I can't wait for this to shut down. I don't want the vast TV audience to have this pitiful impression of Jodha.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
Preeti,

" Read the
Archives of British East India Company, Volume Number 2, Record Number
194, Published after 1610. You will find they talk about the mother of
Jahangir as a "great trader women" who was "HIGHLY adventurous"..

There is a limit to give docs and ask for improvement in the show. But they do not listen. Do they do some favor on us if they write good tracks ? Though, i had stopped expecting this show to present any proper depiction of Akbar or MUZ long back, <font color="#0000FF">but at least one expects certain decency </font>but it looks like the writers are ready to shred every left over piece of whatever image of theirs is in our mind.!

I have accepted there is nothing which can make them, show
proper tracks. They do horrible NR's of simple and well defined
historical events. Latest was Shah-i-Iran track. Writing to them is almost meaningless, it looks. I have not seen such stubborness till now, after many failures. What stops them from showing a strong and sensible J-J ?

</font>

Abhay i completely agree with all you have said
The show has crossed all limits of decency. Very very dissapointing

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Charu.Shistory_geekSindhuMenon

Go to top