Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Saffron Spring| Jenny's (IPK007) Space| ALS Update Pg 18 (9/20/2016) (Page 14)

Anarocksick IF-Rockerz
Anarocksick
Anarocksick

Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IPK007

Originally posted by Anarocksick

Absolutely love love love period romances and especially well written ones which I'm sure you'll take care of. And know what...for the past two years I'd been in the look out for stories set in British Raj era...particular ones with the inter-racial love thing going on. I don't know why...but I think those would make some beautiful love stories. Anyway found some okayish ones but not quite what I was looking for (something on the lines of the same passionate story of the Brit soldier and indian widow in Mangal Pandey - must be a bad example for some but I totally dig that movie...because period movie done well). So anywayyy one of biggest writing goals is to write a period romance set in the Raj era (among other things of course) but I don't think I'm mature enough as a writer to pull that off honestly...I did write one shot of sort based on that but it didn't have any time line of any sorts or mention places, things... Maybe I was just scared about screwing up. And I still am.

I don't know why I'm getting so jazbaati here LOL but what I want to say is till the time I can write my own my search would continue and I'm so so looking forward to your story because I think it'll fit what I've been craving to read.
Also Jenny although I really like The king and the nightingale, I think you were super neat and pro at pulling off a Bride with the doll. I don't think I commented properly in either of the stories but I want you know that you did a wonderful job with both. You're really the best here on the creating the feeling of the time gone by.

Love you and your writing Hug

Thank you for your kind words and love you too Hug You should definitely try your hand at writing Period Romance..you just have that 'feel' for history and historical places. I remember thinking this when I saw your Rajasthan Twitter pics. I just know you'll be excellent at it. Something..set in Rajasthan..maybe a continuation of Afterglow?! Ah..I'm dreaming:) I love that phase of the Indian History too and not just for personal reasons. And you already know that I have a special interest in inter racial romances;) This story has been rankling in my brain for a long time but I wasn't ready to move onto non Arshi stories.

About books..there aren't many good ones out there which are realistic and explore this topic without biases or other trappings. Flight Of Pigeons is good and I remember a Hindi movie I watched many years ago that I'd liked..A Brit civil servant who marries a tribal woman...Forgot the name :/

Haha thank you, Jenny, you're too kind and sweet hehe. A prequel to Afterglow had been on my mind but a really nice comment which mentioned something like "some secrets are better unrevealed" or somethin on the lines made me change my mind LOL so then I got a licence to not write. And funny thing is that I happened to read The King and the Nightingle after that and found that the idea was a tiny bit similar. And of course that also made me realise that you really... Seriously write the exact kind of stories that I would want to write myself and read LOL (of course ALS is no. 1 on that list.. I told you that I think).

And thank you for the recommendations. Do let me know the name of the movie if and when the name hits you. I remember reading this story called 'Lispeth' by Kipling about a hill woman falling in love with an Englishman whom she saves and instantly falls in love with. I was kind of excited when I came across it but it had the most depressing ending LOL

Edited by Anarocksick - 18 May 2015 at 2:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kanthi_chksIPK007

mpat IF-Sizzlerz
mpat
mpat

Posted: 18 May 2015 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Confession..I know you had started the blog and I have even visited it, but have not been able to complete the first story you started. I do hope to read your blog stories soon. I have some time off coming up and should make for nice reading while relaxing. It will be nice to read them in whole...at least the completed ones. Smile
Thanks Jenny.

IPK007bolt

aashizin IF-Stunnerz
aashizin
aashizin

Posted: 18 May 2015 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Hey jenny I really didn't know abt this thread, thank u for sharing, I would love to join in ur blog stories n ur non arhi ff as well, thank u

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IPK007

tuli_jayee Goldie
tuli_jayee
tuli_jayee

Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:36am | IP Logged
I read your 'A bride with a doll ' & 'The King & the Nightingle' on heartsongs blog. So, are you maintaining two blogs ? 'A late spring' is updated on a seperate blog.
So, which blog should I follow to access your all stories till date & also the upcoming ones ?

IPK007

kanthi_chks Senior Member
kanthi_chks
kanthi_chks

Posted: 19 May 2015 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Jenny, I'm so happy that you are re-posting ALS.
Congratulations on the blogs, cc and the new story. I'm already excited about TET which happens to be a period romance, one of my favorite genres. Smile

IPK007

-Bhavi IF-Stunnerz
-Bhavi
-Bhavi

Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
bookmarking.
Jen, I used to receive email for your irst and second story on blog but am not receiving any for the late spring. Is it on different blog?

IPK007

IPK007 IF-Rockerz
IPK007
IPK007

Posted: 19 May 2015 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Bhavi

bookmarking.
Jen, I used to receive email for your irst and second story on blog but am not receiving any for the late spring. Is it on different blog?
Yes, it's on a different blog..

canapoem-Bhavi

IPK007 IF-Rockerz
IPK007
IPK007

Posted: 19 May 2015 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IPK007

Originally posted by -Bhavi

bookmarking.
Yes, it's on a different blog..
The link for ALS blog is on the first page of this thread :)

-Bhavi

Go to top