Nibir - Bura Damaad - Part 4

Posted: 8 years ago

Part 1- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4362463

Part 2 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4368279

Part 3 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4369989

PART - 4

Nisha hastily wiped her tears as the lights came on to a rousing applause. Somehow, she couldn't stand in the auditorium anymore. As she rushed towards the exit, she found her path blocked by somebody. "You are Nisha, aren't you? Kabir's wife?". Her throat too tight to speak, Nisha just nodded. "I am Laxmi's mother. What a brilliant performance Laxmi & Kabir gave today! The hardwork they put in -". Nisha could not see any way of escaping without being rude and Aunty showed no sign of stopping. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Kabir ,still dressed in his black, three piece suit, said,"Aunty, Laxmi's looking for you at the food counter." Laxmi's mother gave a hasty smile and went.

Nisha mumbled, " Kabir, I am going to my house and will stay there overnight. Som.. Some problem of Sukku.. Don't worr.. Change and have food. I'll leave". Kabir caught her arm. There were two things Nisha couldn't do to save her life - Cook and Lie. When the auditorium had turned bright after his dance, Kabir saw how lost and vulnerable Nisha looked. That's why he had come directly to her without even changing. Now, looking closely, he caught the red rims surrounding her eyes, the breaks in her voice, her fallen face. Kabir knew that he was the cause of all this and the realization felt like a knife had been stabbed in his heart. "I am sorry, Nisha", said Kabir seriously,"Really very, very sorry. I shouldn't have spoken in this manner to you. Please forgi-". Nisha covered his mouth with her hand. "It's okay." Kabir couldn't erase the guilt he felt though he knew that Nisha had forgiven him. She was never the one to hold a grudge and it was one of the most amazing qualities she had. One of many.

Nisha immensely disliked seeing Kabir like this - guilty, sad and serious. No matter how gloomy she felt, Kabir's sadness always felt more of her own. Nisha smiled wryly. That's how she had realized that she loved him. It was always, without any deviation, his happiness before hers, his pain before hers, him before her. She breathed but it was he who lived. Nisha caught Kabir's hands in both of hers and looked intently in his eyes. "Kabir". "What's wrong, Nishu?". "There is something which I have been trying to tell you for a long time. Something that I felt easily but is so difficult to say. Those three words". Kabir's heart skipped a beat. " Yes, Nishu", Kabir coaxed,"You can tell me anything. Say it."

"Kabir... Kabir.. You are mad!".

Kabir knew that Nishu had said this only to lighten his mood but he felt as if someone had put a crushing weight on his shoulders pushing him down. Today was a weird day indeed and he had stopped making sense of his emotions. His unreasonable anger, fear, longing and now..  disappointment. The words which Nisha said felt all wrong to his ears. To his heart. He shook his head to clear his mind. What was he thinking?

"I was just joking, Kabir. Come, have dinner. You must be hungry. Something other than bread, butter, jam", teased Nisha. "I love my wifey's bread, butter, jam." Nisha breath caught in her throat. Kabir got down on his knee. "One dance please, Nisha?". Nisha could hardly refuse him anything - not when he wanted to run away before their wedding, not when he insisted on being a Bura Damaad, never. Then, how could she today? Especially when she wanted too. So, Nisha looked in his deep, brown eyes and said yes to her very handsome husband.

Kabir gave a huge grin, his first since morning and gently pulled Nisha on the stage. The hall was empty now as people had gone to eat dinner which was being served outside. As he twirled Nisha and slowed his pace to match hers, he felt the energy in his steps, the vibe which had been missing from his performance today. He would rather have one dance with Nishu than a thousand with Laxmi.

Nishu loved being in Kabir's arms. She felt so protected, so relaxed. Slowly, she rested her head on his chest as they moved from side to side. Kabir didn't seem to mind it and Nisha was too tired after the day's emotional ride to keep the usual guard on herself. "Nishu?". "Hmmm?". "You wanted to be an archer?". Kabir felt Nisha stiffen against him and automatically his hands tightened around her , ready to guard her from any danger. "Why did you give up on it?". Nisha forced herself to answer," It's a long story", she said shakily," any reason for you to ask about it?". "Yeah", said Kabir, sheepishly, not sure what Nisha would make of his answer,"there are excellent archery opportunities in London. We could go together and there would be no need to break our marriage. You would get paid well too and could support Papa better." Kabir didn't know why he was hard selling London to Nisha nor why was her answer so important to him. He couldn't stop himself from doing all the crazy things he was up to today.

It was at times like this when Kabir's guard was down too that Nisha felt that she was more than a friend to him. She didn't prod him on it as he didn't seem certain about what her place in his life was.The Aarti fiasco was still fresh in her mind and if their relationship had a future, it was Kabir who would have to take the first step. Whatever he wanted. Anyhow, now that she had decided her future course of action, it was unwise to make the situation more complicated. Nisha flinched from her own harsh thoughts and wrapped her arms more tightly around Kabir's waist as if to never allow him to leave her. "Kabir, I gave up training a long time ago. I won't get a stipend like you who has practiced dance every spare minute for years. Papa needs my help even though he won't admit it and Sukku needs some watching over in the shop too. Papa has sacrificed a lot for us and finally got a chance to live his dream. I can't ruin it and be a financial burden on him. London is expensive, Kabir."

Kabir fell silent, thinking of a way of to convince Nisha. All that she had said was true and he could came up with nothing. Kabir changed the topic quickly to turn off the choking sensation that was threatening to overwhelm him," You were the only one who didn't clap for Laxmi's and my dance today". Nisha was surprised but relieved at the sudden topic change. She avoided his question with," You noticed, Kabir?". Kabir didn't know why but he noticed every little thing about her.

A big Thank You as always for all the likes and comments! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by PranPriye - 8 years ago
wow...
awww bechare nisha aur kabir...
why don't they say their heart out... nibir are kids... I luv it
Originally posted by ashred12

wow...
awww bechare nisha aur kabir...

Thanks for reading! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by mansi_as18

why don't they say their heart out... nibir are kids... I luv it

They will soon ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for reading!
Mind blowing yaar..loved nisha  leaned her head on kabirs chest...
Keep on writing...hoping that the next part will be more romantic๐Ÿ˜ณ
awesome writing yaar.. continue soon..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
nice๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ... luvd NiBir dance and convo ๐Ÿ˜Š... Update soon๐Ÿ˜Š...
Just read all your updates in a go!!! You made my morning! I love your portrayal of Kabira and I really hope CVs shape him like that. I never get into fanfiction reading these days because of lack of time, but I totally loved it! Would love to read future ones too, so please pm me. ๐Ÿ‘
Originally posted by niki2

Mind blowing yaar..loved nisha  leaned her head on kabirs chest...
Keep on writing...hoping that the next part will be more romantic๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thank You so much!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ