Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by adventurousman

but why didn't he hire salve, if he is so good then he would have won there too or when the going gets tough and he knows he is gonna lose then he doesn't take that case 😉

Because hardly anyone super popular would dare to defend a terrorist. It backfires IMO. Salman ka case tou is different. It's super weak and such a long time has passed that it's pointless right now. It's like the Jessica Lal case which took literally forever to reach anywhere, that too from intense public and media pressure which obviously won't happen in this case. 
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Oh Salve is defo the country's finest..No arguments there..Have you read his arguments in that Vodafone case? He is fcuking brilliant..And you know the best part? He talks about the case only for 10 minutes & then ends up joking around about the parties, his opponent etc. for the next 20 minutes..He is that casual & laidback about the whole thing yet his arguments are rock solid..Am surprised ppl din anticipate this..Not because Salman is a superstar/ the Judiciary is effed up..Simply because well its Harish Salve..And the guy hardly loses ðŸ˜†

@ krackjack- Haha am busy fangirling over Salve at the moment ðŸ˜† I cant get myself to think of anything beyond his awesomeness at this point ðŸ˜†

I did, he is just bloody brilliant. Very unassuming.
Actually he is a lot like that in real life too,met him once and the guy  can charm you with the way he talks. He be the real Superstar. Even with Salman's case he hardly took any time, PP would have been a mess already. 

I can fangirl over him too.  This when i am not even related to his field. 
Originally posted by Star_girl

Sanjay Dutt ko tou lifetime milna chaihiye tha. Bloody terrorist. -_- Sabotaging the same country they are staying in from within, disgusting. 

Yeh dude. Drunk driving can't be excused, but still a homicide. But Sanjay case is disgusting with him being voluntary involved in the death of many. I can't fathom someone like him involved in terrorism. SMH.
Edited by Fiery-Phoenix - 8 years ago
Originally posted by adventurousman

but why didn't he hire salve, if he is so good then he would have won there too or when the going gets tough and he knows he is gonna lose then he doesn't take that case 😉
HE Still got a lenient punishment
he didn't got convicted into TADA
71 yeard old zaibuniisa had the same basic charge but got convicted into tada and harsher punishment

he used his connection as much as he could
Edited by ShylockHolmes - 8 years ago
Originally posted by charminggenie

Kamaal was like the most obvious thing, but Prosecutor's argument that because it will be expensive to have him flown down from UK was silly. PPs rely a lot on Police actually to close off the loops.

But agree with Roger, poor guys are underpaid , one of the reasons why Rich guys get away so easily .

Its not just about being underpaid..They hire such pathetic & inefficient guys as PPs that even a simple case where its pretty easy to formulate arguments ends up getting dragged & the accused goes scot-free simply because the PP din have a good case..You don even need a Harish Salve to beat them..They are that bad ðŸ˜†  If you take 100 criminal cases, 60/ 70 are acquittals..Simply because the PP couldn't prove the case beyond reasonable doubt..And once you are acquitted, its even more tough to overrule the judgment & convict the accused..And you know the worse part? Even if the PP is good, they don bother arguing in these high profile cases..When Jayalalitha appealed for bail, that goddamn PP literally spoke in her favor so she ends up getting a bail ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago

Because hardly anyone super popular would dare to defend a terrorist. It backfires IMO. Salman ka case tou is different. It's super weak and such a long time has passed that it's pointless right now. It's like the Jessica Lal case which took literally forever to reach anywhere, that too from intense public and media pressure which obviously won't happen in this case. 

yeah but tada charges were dropped in 2006 and he was convicted in illegal arms act and then he went to supreme court, there salve could have presented him but salve is too chickenshit to do that 😆

That Farah Ali Khan apology is such a blatant PR backpedalling.  In a matter of 24 of hours she went from an ignorant elitist snob to one who suddenly was sympathetic to the plight of homeless?  Nope. Don't believe it.  
@Fiery : Far from it. It's just that these days I'm surrounded by many lawyers and many sorrow stories of people fighting for justice. 😆

Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

Yeh dude. Drunk driving can't be excused, but still a homicide. But Sanjay case is disgusting with him being voluntary involved in the death of many. I can't fathom someone like him involved in terrorism. SMH.

Haan matlab, I have been ranting against this too lol but Sanjay Dutt wala case was effin disgusting and the fact that he got off so easy is even worse. Especially seeing how Salman has at least pretended to do charity and stuff unlike him who didn't even try.
Then again, this is the same place that nurtured that murderer Kasab on tax-payer's money so yeah. -_- Disgusting man. I can never get over someone plotting against the same place that gave him so much fame and money. Sickening. 

But you know these lawyers don really care about ethics/  reputation beyond a point ðŸ˜†  Ram Jethmalani literally spoke trash while defending Asaram Bapu ðŸ˜†  Literally blamed the 6 year old kid for tempting that pervert ðŸ¤¢