Sorry for the late reply captain😒

This chapter is amazing😃
Thank you for the pm urmila and captain😆

You can call me Brishti dear 😆
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

CHAPTER 4

"Good news? Rubbish! Will that help me to be free from this pain?" said an irritated Sushanta, keeping his full concentration on the bandage.

"Arey bhai first listen to the news na," said Nishanta in excitement, "I'm sure it will make you forget all pain! Amitabha Sir is going to publish his new book, and he will attain the press conference today itself!"

"What!! Amitabha Sir is done with his new novel!" Sushanta looked cheerful, "When is the press conference? Will they show it on TV?" he eagerly asked. All three of them were avid fans of Amitabha Banerjee's books. They had heard that the author was writing on some new topic which raised their curiosity for the coming book. Finally that most awaited book was arriving at market and that was indeed good news for them.

"Of course they will! After all, he is the author who was awarded successively five times!" said Nishanta, "And our Dad himself is his biggest fan cum advertiser. Where will the television company go not showing the conference of such a celebrated author? Dad just told me not to miss the program. It will be telecasted soon."

"Then why are you giving dry lectures just standing here? Bring us the remote na," Rahul said, and filled another glass, "You see, Sush can't rise from his sofa now, so..."

Nishanta cast an irritating glance on Rahul's face. But Rahul did not bother and paid due attention to his glass. Nishanta was a very obedient brother to Sushanta, but he could not like Rahul much. He was always ready to obey each of his elder's orders, but Rahul ordering him seemed to be a crossing of limits. Well, he knew that Sushanta could not rise because of his wounded leg, but Nishanta could not understand what Rahul's problem was to stand up and switch on the TV? Did Rahul take his friend's brother for granted? "Who are you to order me like that? Am I your slave or what?" Nishanta thought, and gnashed his teeth.

"Nish, will you not let me watch the program?" this time Sushanta himself said, "Why are you making late unnecessarily? I don't want to miss even a single bit of it!"

Hence Nishanta had to rise. He fixed the channel and threw the remote to Sushanta. The three kept their eager eyes fixed on the TV screen.

"Mr Amitabha Banerjee, first of all, congratulations for your new book!" said one of the reporters.

"Thank you," Amitabha smiled, "Hope this book will bring me a lot of success like the previous ones."

"So, Mr Banerjee, we would like to hear what the topic of your book is."

"As you know, I'm a researcher of the great Indian epic Mahabharat. And I love to write on it. I have already published a few novels from various characters' viewpoints. Now in this one, I have worked on the character I like the most. It is Prince Suyodhan, whose image has been maligned enough due to some common misconceptions."

"Why have you chosen such a name, Suyodhan, the unsung hero'?"

"Because he is the real hero of the entire epic. He deserves admiration for being a caring son, loving brother, devoted husband and ideal ruler. But unfortunately none has given him the place he deserves. You will find the whole epic full of false praise of Pandavas who were just good for nothing. What did they do to get such a huge admiration from all? What could they do if Krishna was not there to assist them in each and every step? I see them as five infants who were unable even to eat if Krishna did not feed them taking on his lap. But see, these people became famous as heroes, and the man who had achieved everything by himself was marked as a villain! I just wanted to fight against this huge injustice."

"Your concept sounds unique. We all were used to know Duryodhan as a villain of Mahabharat only."

"I know. And that's a pity. You have never seen the original epic. The current version available for readers is not the actual epic written by Ved Vyas. I'm sure that Vyas never portrayed Suyodhan in such a bad light. After all, Suyodhan was his own blood, why would Vyas do this injustice with him? Vyas certainly has shown the glory of Suyodhan in his original writing which is unfortunately lost now."

"Interesting! But, how did Vyas's original story get lost? Can you please enlighten us regarding this?"

"None but the Pandavas have destroyed the original manuscript, and made their own story. We should never forget that they were the winners. They ruled for a pretty long time of 36 years. So there was plenty time in their hand to rewrite the epic. In their effort of whitewashing themselves, poor Suyodhan had to suffer the maximum. All his noble deeds were deliberately taken out. Pandavas even deformed his name to Duryodhan', so much was their hatred to him!"

"But why could he not win his final battle? What was the reason behind it? Not getting a brain like Krishna on his side?"

"Don't tell me that he did not have a brain like Krishna on his side! He had his uncle Shakuni, who was no less than Krishna at all. Rather I would say Shakuni was far more intelligent strategist than Krishna. And who told you that Suyodhan did not win? Of course he won! His morality won! He remained unconquerable till the end! The so called righteous Pandavas had to break war rule to kill him! And the funniest thing is, that immoral act too was done as per Krishna's suggestion, not with their own intellect! Sometimes I really wonder whether those five men had anything called brains in their heads or not! But see our Suyodhan, what a splendid personality! Before his last battle he had to lose all his loved ones, he did not even have any chariot or soldier to fight for him, still he was fearless! When Pandavas challenged him for a battle, he just replied, Don't think like fools that I'm finished! Even in this condition I have the ability to defeat all of you!' See, this is the greatest warrior of Dwapar Yug who had no need of any assistance from anyone!"

Amitabha's emotional speech made the reporters totally spellbound. They could not help believing that they had been assuming a wrong conception of Mahabharat story so far. "Thank you for clarifying this, Sir! Your new book is certainly going to be an eye-opener for all. Would you like to give any message for your readers?" they asked.

"Only one thing," said the author, "Feel Suyodhan. I swear that you will learn from him how to keep your head high even if whole universe hates you as an evil. If my book can show you his real nature clearing all the misconceptions against him, I will feel my labour successful."

"This is a real great man," said a happy Sushanta, "Who has dared to work on Suyodhan so far? Amitabha Sir has fulfilled my wish. I had a whine that none writes something on my favourite character."

"Amitabha Sir is a genius," Rahul nodded, "I still can remember reading his debut novel, Unseen tears of Karna' which gave me goose bumps. What a brilliant analysis! Sush, we must get a copy of this new book with his autograph."

Sushanta was going to jump from the sofa, but could not do so for his wounded leg.  "You have spoken my mind Rahul! I simply can't wait to get this book!" he took his mobile and dialed Amitabha's number.

Finishing the press conference Amitabha just came outside and his phone rang. "Hello, A. Banerjee speaking!"

"Hello Sir, Sushanta Sharma here. We have just watched your live conference on TV. Congrats for your new book Sir! One request, if you are not very busy now, can you please come to our house for some time? Actually father will be glad to meet you after a long time! Also we want to get the first copy of your book. So, will you please consider?"

Amitabha was happy to hear this. The business tycoon Prashanta Sharma was the main support behind all his works. He got his job in college using Mr. Sharma's power. And after his retirement, all his research articles and novels were hugely supported and promoted by Mr. Sharma. His money power and position made Amitabha win the biggest award for literature for successively five years. Amitabha was grateful to Prashanta Sharma. He knew that he could never come to this level of success if Sharma did not manipulate the literature world to make him the best author. So how could he ignore a call from Sharma's elder son Sushanta?

"You are the biggest fan of my books. I must have to fulfill your wish!" Amitabha smiled, "Tell Mr. Sharma that I'm coming as soon as possible."

That evening Sharma family observed almost a mini party with the company of renowned author Amitabha Banerjee. Sushanta's father Prashanta Sharma also joined the festive mood. Everybody enjoyed costly bear. Finally Amitabha signed in a copy and with a special message, gifted it to Sushanta. As per Sushanta's request, Amitabha had to allow them to take a joint photograph with him. "I will keep this photograph with special care in my room." A cheerful Sushanta declared.

Before Amitabha left, Prashanta requested him, "Sir, we want to arrange a seminar in our college for you. Will you give us a little time from your busy schedule?"

"Seminar? Well I would love to attend one in my own college, but there will be so many seminars and interviews on different days in different places...I don't know whether I will be able to find enough time for it or not." a thoughtful Amitabha replied, "I'm already engaged in a pretty tight schedule."

"I know, Sir, I can understand how busy person you are. Still, if you could come to our college even for a few hours, it would have been a pleasure for us!" Prashanta said.

It was really difficult for Amitabha to refuse any request from Sharma family. He thought a little, and then said, "Okay, let me check my current schedule for once, I will try to find out one day for the college. But it will not be possible before the end of next week. I shall inform you the date later through phone."

Next day, morning, at Sanyal Apartment

On breakfast table Debojeet casually said, "Today I have invited a special guest in our house." he gave a deliberate pause, and tried to read expression from Labanya's face. But Labanya did not pay any attention to her father's words. She was busy with her sandwich. Then Debojeet looked at Ayan who was sitting beside him. But he did not show any curiosity either. Debojeet continued, "My friend Sunil    is coming with his son Arka . Arka has just returned from London finishing his higher studies. Soon he will join his father's business. Though raised in foreign he knows Bengali cultures well and he is a good-natured young man...where are you going Labi?" Debojeet was surprised to see Labanya rising from the table.

"I have to be ready for college, Papa." Labanya normally said.

"But I'm telling you something. Do you not have any interest to listen?"

"I will listen to you Papa," Labanya tried to smile. She was realizing which her father's words were indicating to. Since she had completed her graduation, father became almost restless to get her married. She continued, "But please, not now. I will be late in my class then."

"Labi," Debojeet stood up. His face was serious and voice was grave. "You will not go to college today."

"Why?" Labanya fixed her eyes on Debojeet's face.

"Because I want you to meet my friend and especially, his son. I have already told them that you will be at home today."

Labanya understood. Suppressing her irritation she said, "Sorry Papa! Today I have some important classes. I can't miss them."

"This is also important dear," Debojeet became tender to his daughter, "You are intelligent. I don't have any need to make my intention clearer to you. I know that you have understood. My child, I'm doing all these for your good only! Arka is a very good boy, having a rich family background, and..."

"He may be," Labanya could not help interrupting, "But I don't feel a need to hear his praise. I don't want to marry now, Papa! I want to continue my study."

"None is asking you to discontinue either." said the father, "You can easily continue your post graduation even after marriage."

Ayan entered between father and sister, "Labi, why are you not considering the fact that Papa has promised them about your presence today? Should you not think of his reputation in their eyes?"

"Sorry Dada, but Papa too did not think of my wish! He has not even bothered to know my opinion before inviting them!" finishing her words Labanya took quick steps to her room. Ayan just kept staring at her path. Sometimes he really could not understand his beloved sister...

Labanya crossed the college gate hurriedly. She was already late for her first class. But she did not know that three pairs of eyes were watching her from a nearby distance.

"Wow, lovely!!" said Sushanta, "Today seems to be a lucky day! I can't miss this fun!"

"You should not," Rahul smiled a cruel smile.

"Bhai, may I too get a chance, please?" Nishanta was licking his lips.

"Sure Nish, but let me meet her first," Sushanta proceeded. Rahul and Nishanta too followed him.

Suddenly Labanya found her way blocked by three strangers. Faces of those three were telling her about their intention. Labanya did not fail to notice lust in their eyes. But she did not get frightened. Making her spine firm, she gave them a fiery gaze.

"Move aside! You may not have any work, but I have!" her voice was free from fear.

"We too have work, sweetheart." Sushanta laughed shamelessly, "Romancing with you is a great work, isn't it?" he pulled Labanya's stole. Labanya clutched her stole tightly on her shoulder, and with left hand she slapped Sushanta with all her might. Sushanta could not even imagine that a girl's soft palm would cause his cheek bleed.

"How dare you!" his eyes flashed in wrath, "You don't know who I am! You will have to pay for this! Rahul, Nish, grab her! Don't let her flee!"

Labanya was trying to escape through another side but she could not. Rahul and Nishanta seized her both hands. Sushanta stood at her back and pulled the stole from behind. He made the stole fasten on her throat. Labanya tried her best to loosen it but all her efforts failed. It seemed like death was not far from her...

Suddenly she felt the stole was gradually loosening from her throat. She could not believe it. Undoubtedly it was not her might that made her free. Then who did that? Labanya noticed that Rahul and Nishanta stood stunned. Their palms on Labanya's arms were also loosened and their eyes were wide in utter surprise. Labanya turned her head to discover the matter of their surprise.

She found a tall, fair and handsome young man grabbed Sushanta's neck with his strong arms. Now Labanya could realize what made her free. The man seemed to have a special power in his long arms. Sushanta was struggling hard but failed to make himself free from him.

"Himanshu!! If you want your good then don't try to poke your nose in our business!" Rahul warned, "Get lost to your own department! Quick!"

Himanshu did not spare Sushanta, rather he tightened his arms on Sushanta's neck. "Sorry Rahul, I can't help it! Your businesses themselves always force me to poke my nose in them! And as for my good, you need not worry about it! Better reserve your worries for your best friend!" Himanshu gave Sushanta a push, and turned his body to make Sushant face him. A furious Sushanta was about to shout at him but before that Himanshu kicked him so heavily that Sushanta fell on ground. Himanshu pressed his right foot on Sushanta's hand. Sushanta screamed in pain.

"See now," Himanshu gnashed his teeth, "This is called pain! Do remember this pain before hurting others!" he kicked Sushanta once again. Rahul and Nishanta rushed to them. They gave a heavy blow on Himanshu from his back. But Himanshu managed to turn to them, and returned the blow. Nishanta fell on ground, blood gushed down from his forehead. He almost gave up. An injured Rahul tried to continue the fight but soon he realized that fighting with Himanshu was not his cup of tea. He was beaten heavily. Meanwhile Sushanta managed to stand up and attacked Himanshu with new energy. But he too could not stand long. Seriously injured, they had to flee, just throwing a threatening to Himanshu, "We will see you later!"

Himanshu went to Labanya. She was collecting the papers from ground which fell from her bag due to the sudden attack.

"I hope you are fine now," said Himanshu in a gentle tone.

Labanya looked up and smiled, "Yes," then her smile fainted, "I have no word to thank you! I would have been dead by now if you were not there!"

"There is no need of thanks, Ma'am. It's a common duty of any sane human being and I just did that." Himanshu said, "Now, which department are you from? Should I take you to your building?"

"You need not take stress for me," Labanya smiled again; "I can go by myself." Her sweet smile touched Himanshu's heart. He had never seen such emotionally strong girl. He praised her within his mind.

"As you wish," Himanshu turned around. Then Labanya could notice that his right leg was bleeding. His trouser was blood stained. Labanya kicked herself within her mind. He had to receive this pain only due to her. With this pain on his own body he had fought for her, even he was wishing to help her just few moments ago, but she even did not care to check if he was fine or not!

She rushed to him and stood in front of him. Himanshu was surprised to see her again. But before he could ask anything she said in a complaining tone, "Do you care for yourself or not? Have you seen the condition of your leg? With this wound you are going to your class?"

Himanshu said, "It's okay, I'm not feeling much pain."

"It's not okay for me! You have to go for a first aid now." Labanya was determined.

"But you will be late in your class."

"Your treatment is much more important than my class."

Finally Himanshu had to give up in front of Labanya's insistence. Labanya took him to the university hospital and waited there till the first aid was completed. "Thank you," said Himanshu. Labanya said with a witty smile, "Anybody with a human heart will do this. I don't deserve thanks for so little reason." Himanshu noticed how the smart girl returned him his dialogue.

They went to two different directions and entered their respective buildings. And only then both of them could realize a common mistake.

Both had forgotten to know each other's name!

Edited by Urmila11 - 8 years ago
KURT15 thumbnail
Beautiful update. I really loved it. That writer makes me want to throttle him. And as for those three... 😡😡
..Dharma_dasi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
See I came here before ur pm Urmi di !!
This was so amazing. From the beginning I was waiting for my heroes to come but in the end you made it all. Last part was my fav. Yup I missed the bromance of Kinshuk and others... but entry of Mr. A. Banerjee and his thoughts was a great twist...
Woah, next update is awaited... 😊
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very intresting fresh and nice I loved the Prologue baba I could feel the words of a Potter head .Semanti first chapter is great Loved Anshuman rather all his family they are very adorable .Anshuman and victory are synonyms acvording to me .Glad that Kinshuk is a research Scholar very apt job for him .
Baba the second chapter was like a scoop of butterscotch for me Spidy I so love the name .Paro aunty is nice I love her progressive nature .Also ; Superman and batman are apt names .
The third chapter was like a whirl wind sorry if I am messing up with events in chapters but I loved the choice of gifts sneakers a book with family picture very thoughtful of my spidy(read baba). Talking of Priya she seems to be a very romantic girl and I kind of like it .The poem 's beauty is beyond mere words to appreciate .My favourite lines (not exact words) looking at the sky beyond that you would be looking aswell with a hope to look at it together some day .I couldn't stop blushing and smiling .How could I forget Priya's gift DSLR  that is the best gift one could ever gift his girl (I so so love spidy for this)..
chapter four : I sould call this a chocolava cake .You are unmatched when it comes to putforth questions and answers regarding MB Seema .Rahul Nishant and Sushant the lesser said the best I would'nt waste words on them but seriously the author is someone I dislike .Labanya aah whatt can I say I admire her spirit .Himanshu and Lavanya's give and take policy was fabulous .Lastly I like this character Aryaman I want good intreactions of Aryaman and Spidy while Spidy inspires teaches guides him and some friendly leg pulling also .When is Kamlesh comming ?? I want Satya for my Spidy he should have a friend who can constantly pull his leg !!!! Great job guys !!!! Love this new concept of Stars fall again .
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: frappie

Very intresting fresh and nice I loved the Prologue baba I could feel the words of a Potter head .Semanti first chapter is great Loved Anshuman rather all his family they are very adorable .Anshuman and victory are synonyms acvording to me .Glad that Kinshuk is a research Scholar very apt job for him .

Baba the second chapter was like a scoop of butterscotch for me Spidy I so love the name .Paro aunty is nice I love her progressive nature .Also ; Superman and batman are apt names .
The third chapter was like a whirl wind sorry if I am messing up with events in chapters but I loved the choice of gifts sneakers a book with family picture very thoughtful of my spidy(read baba). Talking of Priya she seems to be a very romantic girl and I kind of like it .The poem 's beauty is beyond mere words to appreciate .My favourite lines (not exact words) looking at the sky beyond that you would be looking aswell with a hope to look at it together some day .I couldn't stop blushing and smiling .How could I forget Priya's gift DSLR  that is the best gift one could ever gift his girl (I so so love spidy for this)..
chapter four : I sould call this a chocolava cake .You are unmatched when it comes to putforth questions and answers regarding MB Seema .Rahul Nishant and Sushant the lesser said the best I would'nt waste words on them but seriously the author is someone I dislike .Labanya aah whatt can I say I admire her spirit .Himanshu and Lavanya's give and take policy was fabulous .Lastly I like this character Aryaman I want good intreactions of Aryaman and Spidy while Spidy inspires teaches guides him and some friendly leg pulling also .When is Kamlesh comming ?? I want Satya for my Spidy he should have a friend who can constantly pull his leg !!!! Great job guys !!!! Love this new concept of Stars fall again .

Thank u Subhadra 😆
But Aryaman? Who is that? Do u mean Aranya? 😆 Yea he is Anshu's bestie 😆 And loved your butterscotch chocolava.. why are u making me hungry 😭
And ofcourse we will have Satya I love her and how can Anshu be complete without her?? 😉 BTW did u get who everyone is? ANd u know what.. I wrote that poem in 15 minutes apparently 😆
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I just checked out the character sketch looking forward for Nandita Saha ..Loved description of Himanshu with three F's . Suprateek Basak and Kinshuk would be a treat to read as I sense clouds of disasterous questions on Amitabha once he comes for an interveiw .I love the fact that Kinshuk is doing his PDF how I wish I had an ounce of patience like him as I wish to do it not in MB though .
Why Why do you girls do this to me Why???? Poetry by Anshuman would be the cake of this FF for me ..And he gifts a DSLR aah!!!! I so so so love him or may be Heroworship is the right word ..Will look forward for inspirational motivating and light hearted poems , I am imagining similies and metaphors with strong relationship to the nature ...
Great start girls I am already addicted ...
Edited by frappie - 8 years ago