Dil Ki Baatein

Take for 05/05 - Return of sanity or temporary reprieve?

IAmNotActive thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
A relatable episode after a gap of 1 week, I liked almost everything about Tuesday's episode. It was not an entertaining episode, but a very sensible one. 

Disha & Aarav sleeping on a park bench, Disha finding Araav having temperature, running to get medicine, requesting  a cleaning lady at the park to keep an eye on her brother,  she finally getting enough sense back to get Biscuits and drinking water along with the medicine, giving her earring for paying the bill, everyone of it done without much fuss and quickly to the point.

As always Disha & Aarav scene of Disha  feeding him biscuit and Aarav insisting on her to eat just so ideal. Disha was perfect in her expressions of helplessness, her reluctance in eating when they have so little to eat, her concern for her brother, a perfect blend of realistic emotions. And Aarav is a cutie rockstar.

Ram getting a mouthful from the teacher (or is she the principal?). The lady is a very bad actor, but most of her dialogues were bang on, except when she proclaimed judgement that Ram is a bad husband and bad father. That was over the top and unnecessary, she should have stopped at saying that he was being irresponsible in leaving the kids to fend themselves.  But I guess those dialogues were added to make Ram feel like the lowest creature on earth, and eventually to lead to his downfall. I am very glad that they have included the dialogue about taking action against the warden for sending out the kids at that late hour. Yes, some sanity is certainly returning.. Btw, Ram's BD in this  scene had a black beard  ;)

Ram was very good throughout the episode, his defeated body-language, the slumped shoulders, the pain in the eyes, he lived as the concerned father. I wonder how can one person always give wrong advice. If there ever exist a friend from hell, that is our Karan. He consoles Ram that they will find the kids, that's good, but what is the use of empty words when there is no plan of action. He vetoes when Ram suggest to give a police compliant saying Ram needs to say away from police. I would have liked to have one dialogue from Ram here, that what  is the use of he escaping from police if  he can't reach his children. That would have made some impact? But Ram Ahuja is not a man who scores points with words.. Anyway, Karan atleast had some sense to tell that he will lodge the complaint himself.

Is Karan blind or is he purposely misleading Ram? How can he notice Mr. Kapoor who sat on the other corner, and not the kids who are at the side where Ram & Karan are standing. His jitteriness while trying to convince Ram that they were  not Ram's kids was very suspicious. Good that Ram for once didn't pay heed to his GFN friend's words, or is it because  time has come for Ram to face the police...

Probably it was too cliched  that it has to be Mr. Kapoor who finds the kids on the park bench. But I am not going to complain, enough of kids roaming around on the road.  Some hard hitting dialogues from Mr, Kapoor, some sensible soft spoken words from Sooraj and most importantly the detoriating health of her brother, finally makes Disha agree to go with Mr. Kapoor. Pankaj Dheer for a minute or two gone back to his Mahabharat days with his dramatic delivery of dialogues and his arm movements ;). Probably the scene demanded little bit of dramatism.  I found the argument about swabhiman  little out of place considering Disha's age and current state of living. I am not saying teenagers  should not have self respect, but I expect current age kids to be more circumspect, self respect without any obvious means to withheld it, is nothing but plain ego. 

M & M duo are selfish to the core, it was nice to see their facial expressions  when the kids made entry to the house just after Manav finished saying Disha would never come there, :) I liked the actress playing Manika, she has very controlled expressions of showing the irritation, anger and vampness, a very refreshing portrayal when we typically see OTT vamps. 

Aarav is diagonised with pneumonia, poor kid.. Guess, Disha will be grudgingly grateful to her granddad. Why do I think M & M duo's lie (about they asking the kids to come with them) will never come out... Probably Mr. Kapoor would never confront Disha about declining that non existent offer as he would want to tread carefully with her. Guess, at some point Mr. Kapoor will recognise his own character traits in Disha which will melt him towards her. 

Disha's stay there is going to too bumpy due to her own reservations, the snooty cousins and the mausi from hell.  Probably her granddad will turn to be  one of her surprise allies after  the way she treats her father in the precap. But, she needs someone with whom she can share her angst and doubts, and the right candidate is making the entry tomorrow. 

Precap: it is going to be painful to see Ram getting blasted by Disha. They had such a beautiful relationship, one of the best father- daughter duo seen on TV. Probably Aarav's presence would have slightly diffused the situation, but with Aarav being bedridden with illness, Disha would have a field day showing her anger and disappointment on her father (which would certainly endear her  to her grandfather). I wouldn't blame her for her feeling, but it would still hurt to see. By the end of the day, Ram will be a broken man who ends up in prison. Wonder whether Ram will be left to suffer in prison for next few weeks while the story focuses  on Disha, her struggles to cope up in Kapoor's and her interactions with everyone there including Aayan. 

Episode was good and hope we get good ones from now on. But I still can't get my head around the unnecessary school fee due and also the ferrying of Aarav over the clothsrope , those particular scenes / events should have been and could have been avoided. 

Edited by ever_smily - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HappySmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Great take as usual.😳

Um, lemme think...

- One thing that was disturbing was that the school warden kicked the kids out of the hostel at night. I mean, I always feel that adults should be sensible; especially when it comes to kids. The warden overreacted to the extent that she felt the need to kick two children out during night.

- I truly loved how Disha took care of her brother. (Just like you mentioned.) Her brother Aarav is awesome as well.😊 The poor child was so hungry yet he wanted his older sister to have her share of food, knowing very well that she hadn't eaten since last night either.

- Today, I could see that Disha's Nana Ji was quite concerned about Aarav. He never met them before Anu's death but now he seems quite genuine.

-I didn't like that Ram was so helpless. Bechara father had to watch as his FIL takes his children away in a big car. The actor did a great job acting the emotions though, which is why I felt so bad for him.

-For the precap.. mm, I feel Disha and Ram's encounter is gonna be a very angry one. I mean I can understand Disha's anger. However, I feel that Disha should at least try listening to her father's pov; instead of insulting the very person she admired the most in front of everyone. Ooh and a new entry, I guess! Gotta go watch today's episode to see!😊

IAmNotActive thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Stubborn-

Great take as usual.😳

Um, lemme think...

- One thing that was disturbing was that the school warden kicked the kids out of the hostel at night. I mean, I always feel that adults should be sensible; especially when it comes to kids. The warden overreacted to the extent that she felt the need to kick two children out during night.

I totally agree, there is no excuse for the warden's behabiour. Infact I was surprised that warden not questioning Disha when she enrolled at late night too, it looked like very late night in the night the when the kids left the society. But I am glad they handled the issue by mentioning that school authorities are taking action against warden.

- I truly loved how Disha took care of her brother. (Just like you mentioned.) Her brother Aarav is awesome as well.😊 The poor child was so hungry yet he wanted his older sister to have her share of food, knowing very well that she hadn't eaten since last night either.

- Today, I could see that Disha's Nana Ji was quite concerned about Aarav. He never met them before Anu's death but now he seems quite genuine.

Yes, Mr. Kapoor is genuine in his concern for his grandchildren, because they are afterall his Anu's kids. 

-I didn't like that Ram was so helpless. Bechara father had to watch as his FIL takes his children away in a big car. The actor did a great job acting the emotions though, which is why I felt so bad for him.

Yes, you can't help but feel for Ram's plight. 

-For the precap.. mm, I feel Disha and Ram's encounter is gonna be a very angry one. I mean I can understand Disha's anger. However, I feel that Disha should at least try listening to her father's pov; instead of insulting the very person she admired the most in front of everyone. Ooh and a new entry, I guess! Gotta go watch today's episode to see!😊

sunaina02 thumbnail
I appreciate your analysis. A very good one .👍🏼

Earlier I was not watching DKB becuase it was sort of depressing with iminent death of  Anu.
But now  there is hope and optimism -
-  will Disha finally understand what her father did with with her mom? 
- Will she undrstand and patch up with her granfather?
IAmNotActive thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunaina02

I appreciate your analysis. A very good one .👍🏼

Earlier I was not watching DKB becuase it was sort of depressing with iminent death of  Anu.
But now  there is hope and optimism -
-  will Disha finally understand what her father did with with her mom? 
- Will she undrstand and patch up with her granfather?

Yes, the show is on the way to positivity from now on.. 

It may take some time, but Disha will surely understand Ram and be a support to him. But her patch up with her granddad, I doubt, her granddad may not want her to patchup with him once she turns to her father's side ;).