Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Credit :Joseph

Ashish Sharma: I am inspired by Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali's films

Tanvi Trivedi,TNN | May 6, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Ashish Sharma: I am inspired by Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali's films
Ashish Sharma

After debuting with Dibakar Banerjee's film 'Love, Sex Aur Dhokha', Ashish Sharma moved on to do TV shows. In an informal chat, the actor candidly shares his journey in showbiz, aspirations for a career in films and the kind of subjects that would inspire him to act in films...

What brought you to Mumbai?
I have been a good theatre artiste since my school and college days but when I participated in 'Cine Stars Ki Khoj', I realised that I could touch people's hearts when I performed. After that, I decided I wanted to become an actor and came to Mumbai and enrolled in Anupam Kher's acting institute. During my tenure there, Anupam Kher recommended me to Dibakar Banerjee and that's how I got to act in his film.

Did you want to continue doing films?
Dibakar has this amazing ability to extract a good performance from an actor who has just started his career. He is such a meticulous filmmaker that he used to prepare notes when we rehearsed for the film and then prepare his script. After Love, Sex... there was no specific plan of doing films. It was then, that I got a lot of TV offers; I have done a variety of roles on television, all thanks to producers Nikhil Sinha and Saurabh Tewari. TV does not offer much for the male lead actors, but I was lucky to act in shows like 'Chandragupta Maurya', 'Rab Se Sohna Isshq', 'Gunahon Ka Devta' and 'Rangrasiya'. After this, I wanted to act in anything that gave me a good scope to perform.

Most actors who debut on TV move on to doing films, thinking that they have hit jackpot. Do you plan to do the same?
I got many film offers but they were not exciting. I don't want to do roles in films which I have already done on TV. What is the point of jumping to films and doing the same thing? I am inspired by the kind of films Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali make. I owe everything I am today to television. And if TV was not big, then Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar would not be spending few months every year on it!

What kind of roles inspire you?
I am not a spontaneous actor and would like to approach any role after doing my homework. I am such a method actor that even if you ask me to make love to a lamp post, I would approach it the same way as I would have enacted making love to my co-actor.

You have a six-pack and also won the trophy in Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa. Do you feel this would help build a career in films?
Not at all. You need to act well. These are just the perks of being an actor. If they help build a career then Ranbir Kapoor would be showing off his body in every film. I also believe that you should never take your audience for granted.

Do you want to direct films now that you own a production house?
I want to be involved in creating new stuff. My wife Archana and I have been writing scripts and we want to produce a Bollywood and a regional film.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pulchra thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Mano!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! 
"..if you ask me to make love to the lamp post..."๐Ÿคฃ
Ahahahaha... I'm almost died from laughter!!!!!  adorable Ashishik!!๐Ÿ˜†

Mano.M thumbnail
More clear pic๐Ÿ˜‰

Meenakshi15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hayee me dead yaar
How handsome he is looking...
Hope this is his next show look...
Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
such beautiful IV ... he always make us proud yeah ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

he answer how hones was he with it ๐Ÿ˜‰  he was so right if TV is not big then what alll BW stars doing here .. why they wasting their time .. some tv star whos pick random project to enter BW dont think about it ... well if they have brain they would have na ๐Ÿ˜†

now me want know whats he doing ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Thushi thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mano-

More clear pic๐Ÿ˜‰

OMG I cant say I had enough ๐Ÿ˜ณ  can anybody say ๐Ÿ˜† he look so handsomeโค๏ธ

thanks to toi for reveling us again his look ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

Thushi thumbnail
btw did you guys notice ... when he said he was lucky to act show like CGM, GKD , RR he mentioned RSSI also ..  

the show was wast of his talented ... but still he mentioned it .. I really loved it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

how we all feel about the show we know it but for a actor every show they did... will do,  will be very special ... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  
Mano.M thumbnail
Originally posted by: Thushi

btw did you guys notice ... when he said he was lucky to act show like CGM, GKD , RR he mentioned RSSI also ..  

the show was wast of his talented ... but still he mentioned it .. I really loved it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

how we all feel about the show we know it but for a actor every show they did... will do,  will be very special ... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  

Ya he is right
As a show it may not be appealing
But as for as Ashish is concerned
It gave him an opportunity to play diff roles
and the show was totally on his shoulders๐Ÿ˜‰
Thushi thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mano-

Ya he is right
As a show it may not be appealing
But as for as Ashish is concerned
It gave him an opportunity to play diff roles
and the show was totally on his shoulders๐Ÿ˜‰

the only good thing in that show was he only ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

but agree even though it was waste of his talent but it gave apportunity to play diff roles in one show and how many get this chance๐Ÿ˜‰.. and he done fab job in all three characters .. ๐Ÿ˜‰
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am still staring at Ashish's picture๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†