But I do miss Ashish on fictional TV - his pairing with Sanaya was fantastic

He's looking very nice with that blue blazer

πŸ˜›
Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: aaliah3108

Joe dear...

You abhi dont know me... I get started on something ...stop karna mushkil ho jata hai ! πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
But yes we are having a healthy discussion which is what I like . 

Sorry for saying your post ... I remember this line of ur's from an earlier one. I had joined our channel S3JxDreamz1, has it been deleted from YT now ??? 

Actually,'Healthy Discussion' is a biggest quality of this Forum. That's why we hardly seen any kind of rifts or war zone situation here. 😊When show was on-air some tried to create problems but,they didn't succeeded in their mission. πŸ˜†

Yes ! YT locked our prvs channel due to some copyright issues wid Zee Music. 😑

hiralnehal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Jo,

Thank you for sharing this interview.. had missed reading the daily staple of Bombay times today.

Mr Sharma continues to intrigue me like so ever.

I always look forward to his views which tickle my brain and make me ponder more and more about where is he really leading himself...

When we heard about TNNZ, I researched about it and swayed on google finding about the production house, the producer of the show and its past too... looks like freemantle has finally been able to go ahead with this show which was in offing for couple of years, to be launched then on Star Plus.. shortlisted two actors ... one of them was manav gohil... but things did not fructify... and now it is on And TV with Mr Sharma..

I think he is surely up to something new if one has to go by this BT article. BT never publishes anything just like that and for nothing as every word is paid for... .plus, TNNZ ends in June ...

Kuch to honey wala hai.. and I hope we will soon see him on TV...

PS: And yes, this is the same outfit in which he took the elevator selfie... yeh aadmi har koi pehnave mein jaan leva lagta hai...  

Edited by hiralnehal - 8 years ago
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Joseph, thanks for sharing the article.😊
What a well rounded interviewπŸ˜ƒ.

He looks absolutely delicious.😳 I wonder what he is up to now. He is grounded and has a good sense of how everything works, so I am sure he will accomplish what he is setting out to do.

Joseph_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: tvbuf

TFS Joseph bhai

A level headed iv - not swayed by BW - good to see that

But I do miss Ashish on fictional TV - his pairing with Sanaya was fantastic

He's looking very nice with that blue blazer

πŸ˜›

@ Bold : Feel same. They were one of the most hottest on-screen jodi of Indian daily.Miss them as Rudra n Paro.
Joseph_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Nice interview ... TFS, Joseph.

I really admire Ashish for the respect he gives his work and television as a medium. The quality of programs may be crappy for the most part, but amidst the crap, there are good shows every now and then ... Ashish has worked in a couple of them, and is quick to acknowledge all his shows.  Also, as a medium, television is very powerful, and all BW actors and producers realise that completely.  The amount of money that goes into some of the big TV shows, like RR, is comparable to the budget of small films. I liked his statement that he doesn't want to do a reprise of his small screen roles on the big screen ... intelligent guy.

Although I don't agree completely with him that TV doesn't give scope to male actors ... there have been a good number of male oriented TV shows especially in recent years ... 24, Pukar, Yudh and his own Rangrasiya among them, to name just a few. And most of the recent romantic shows have strong male characters too.

Well said Diya .

Some days ago,I watched 'Love ,Sex n Dhoka' n my reaction was...Is he same Ashish?? πŸ˜² I must say,He tremendously improved as an actor. n I am so glad that now,he is not desperate to sign any XYZ BW project.He really deserves more then any 'regular' role.

Yes,today we have some Male oriented shows in Tele but,are they successful?? After so many publicity n some good reviews "Reporter" like show is still struggling for TRP. Pukar, Yudh, Rangrasiya failed to generate viewership.

May be,Some recent Romantic shows are focusing on Male Lead too but,I don't think any challenge is there for perform as an artist. They are just a routine show(Character wise).

Ashish is too young to play "Itna Karo na Mujhe... " or "Dil ki Baatein.." type shows n same time he is too old to play some MTV or V Channel 'Youth' shows.

"Begusarai"
is also a Male oriented shows but,due to show presentation Its really hard to tolerate that show (no Offense).
Some 'Mythological' n 'Historical' shows are also trending now but,Ashish always said that he don't want to repeat himself so,don't think after Chandragupta Maurya he'll sign any other 'Historical' show.

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Joseph_A

Well said Diya .

Some days ago,I watched 'Love ,Sex n Dhoka' n my reaction was...Is he same Ashish?? πŸ˜² I must say,He tremendously improved as an actor. n I am so glad that now,he is not desperate to sign any XYZ BW project.He really deserves more then any 'regular' role.

Yes,today we have some Male oriented shows in Tele but,are they successful?? After so many publicity n some good reviews "Reporter" like show is still struggling for TRP. Pukar, Yudh, Rangrasiya failed to generate viewership.

May be,Some recent Romantic shows are focusing on Male Lead too but,I don't think any challenge is there for perform as an artist. They are just a routine show(Character wise).

Ashish is too young to play "Itna Karo na Mujhe... " or "Dil ki Baatein.." type shows n same time he is too old to play some MTV or V Channel 'Youth' shows.

"Begusarai"
is also a Male oriented shows but,due to show presentation Its really hard to tolerate that show (no Offense).
Some 'Mythological' n 'Historical' shows are also trending now but,Ashish always said that he don't want to repeat himself so,don't think after Chandragupta Maurya he'll sign any other 'Historical' show.

I agree those shows were not successful, but leaving aside TRPS,  some were good shows.

Sadly Indian TRP audience doesn't like anything out of the ordinary ... that doesn't stop actors and producers trying out different stuff ... thankfully! It's a start ... that's what I meant ... that people are trying out different stuff. It will take a while to be accepted by the TRP audience ... maybe if the BRAC ratings are more representative, we might see a different picture ... but the attempts are being made ... and actors do have a choice ... little more than earlier when Ekta ruled the roost.

Begusarai, after a good start, is a big disappointment ... no offense to any fans. πŸ˜• Agree with you about Channel V type shows and Ram Kapoor type shows ... Ashish is in the middle range ... he doesn't fit into either age category. Hope he finds something good once TNNZ wraps up.

-Mukti- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.  Got to respect an actor in true sense for whom acting is important and not the medium on which he acts.  Now a days many tv actors make it sound like they are doing tv as a pass time till a movie offer, which is really pathetic, but to each his own.  Glad there are still few actors such as Ashish who's goal is to entertain through any medium.
Joseph_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

I agree those shows were not successful, but leaving aside TRPS,  some were good shows.

Sadly Indian TRP audience doesn't like anything out of the ordinary ... that doesn't stop actors and producers trying out different stuff ... thankfully! It's a start ... that's what I meant ... that people are trying out different stuff. It will take a while to be accepted by the TRP audience ... maybe if the BRAC ratings are more representative, we might see a different picture ... but the attempts are being made ... and actors do have a choice ... little more than earlier when Ekta ruled the roost.

Begusarai, after a good start, is a big disappointment ... no offense to any fans. πŸ˜• Agree with you about Channel V type shows and Ram Kapoor type shows ... Ashish is in the middle range ... he doesn't fit into either age category. Hope he finds something good once TNNZ wraps up.

Its really sad that our 'Good' definition is totally different from Indian TRP viewers. πŸ˜­ Did you chk,last week BARC chart? I didn't see any major changes (except,2-3 shows) If,Saathiya (No.1) n Suhani..(No.3) type shows are ruling on chart then,I have major doubt that we'll see any mega changes in near future.(no offense)

Yes,Its good that makers n Channels are trying to show some thing different but,after a certain period they handover their concept to TRP Audience. "Rangrasiya" was big example of this,where Makers changes the basic strength of story (I.e.,Rudra-Paro epic love) only because of TRP pressure.

Its nice to see that now,EK is not a single success factor in Indian Dailies. But,Its fact that some all time Popular Male characters belongs to her show like, Anurag/Mr.Bajaj (Kasauti Zindagi Ki), Mihir (KSBKBT), Pratham (Kutumb), Angad (Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai) n Sujal (Kahin Toh Hoga). They were strong yet popular.

"Begusarai" start was promising but,now its intolerable. Aashish is very choosy so,we can expect that he'll sign some really worth watching show.

I think,our poor TRP system is killing experimental approach on Indian Tele shows. My Bro. said,Peoples still recall DD shows because,that time we had no TRP pressure ! may be,he is right.

Edited by Joseph_A - 8 years ago