Worse decision: Sid's divorce decision or fake identity?

danman thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I have a question. Do you think Roshni had more reason to be mad at Sid (1) after finding out about Sid's fake identity or (2) after Sid divorced her?

Personally, I was a little mad that Sid did not inform Roshni about his real identity sooner at good opportunities etc (after bomb blast etc). But, overall I sympathized with Sid because Roshni seemed super immature at start of show (hate all rich people, even though she herself is pretty rich!) And Sid did not want to lose her, and never mustered courage to tell her. But, I expected Roshni to forgive him once he proved his love. It is absolutely crazy and obviously not recommended, but he tried to commit SUICIDE (in BKK) to prove that Roshni still loves him. And Roshni still did not forgive him? When someone is begging for your forgiveness the way Sid was, how could she not forgive him? Tbh, that was a pretty unrealistic track. If the CVs did not want to stretch the track, from Roshni's character it would have been more realistic for her heart to melt for her dear Sid. 

Compared to that, giving divorce (under any circumstance) without Roshni's consent is totally unacceptable. In my opinion, even after Roshni finds out Sid's noble reason behind divorce she still has reason to be pissed off. I am not saying I want this to happen (obviously I want them to patch up soon). But, from Roshni's perspective even when she finds out Sid's noble intent, divorce is not something that can be undone, even if they get remarried. It is a stain on their marriage and that must hurt her for the rest of her life even after they patch up/remarry. It is a grave step and Sid made a HUGE blunder.

When people try to justify Sid's decision by saying it was so selfless of him is beside the point. The issue is that it was too HUGE a decision to take alone, which would make any of your loved one's angry that they were not consulted regarding something that AFFECTS them directly.

Since, divorce is a sticky topic, let me give another analogy. Imagine, Sid sold his eyes and his arms and legs for some so-called noble reason (pay DD back for property or something, specific reason doesn't really matter). Don't you expect Roshni, Raj to be angry at Sid FOREVER for his foolishness? Not just angry but upset by decision and it's consequences. This is a crazy example, but divorce is kind of similarly GRAVE decision. 

Or another example, when children fail exams don't parents get really mad at them for a REALLY LONG TIME. That does not mean the parents stopped loving the kid, but the anger is a justifiable emotion for situation. Not just angry but worried/upset about consequences. It is same for divorce; Roshni won't just be angry but sad/upset about consequences.

Basically, what I am saying is giving divorce is a way more serious issue than a lie(even for something serious like fake identity).

Again, I am not hating on SidNi. What say, guys?

Edited by danman - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with u sid did a blunder
this was nothing compared to a fake identity
but at that moment he did not have a choice 
time was short dd was mentally weak
she was so depressed and low in her life 
sid made that hasty decision

madhuharini thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
totally agree with u dear... all ur points are very much justifiable😊
Roshni loves Sid and now taking steps to pacify him, melt him everything is ok.. But seriously if anyone there is her place needs to show angry on such behaviour of sid.
Sid was hurt & angry on Roshni previously for the reason that she trust other's points easily & blaming him... Now though Sid trust Roshni immeasurably, what he did now? Just for his mom's conditions and DD's prop back he divorced Roshni and send her out of his life totally... Instead of this, he could have done something like to teach his mom a lesson... He could have agreed for divorce, later without giving divorce in court, he could have cheated his mom and might have taught a lesson how bad it pain when ur loved one cheats and disobey u like she disobeyed his son, married Kri to RV, snatching DD's properties and so on...
There is nothing wrong if he acted selfishly in this matter or teaching his mom a better thing in life😊

P.S:

But seriously I am not hating Sid, it's just a disappointment with his act of divorce
skinnypal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the decision of his divorcing her made me upset too.. he could have Should have told her actually.. and if she is angry for sometime due to this I will not mind.. but I don't think so she will be too angry on him coz whatever he did it was for her family only!!
UndefinedBeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Both fake identity and giving divorce without consulting are grave mistakes no matter how justifiable.

Giving divorce is a big  blunder specially since he didn't even consult or atleast tell Roshni of the decision. He shouldn't have given in to Simran. But circumstances were such that he had no choice. He had given his word to his mother. Simran may be an irritating and obnoxious lady but she is his mother. Also Sid is not someone who will go back on his word. Yes, he could have cheated Simran but then what difference would there be between him and Simran? The action is justifiable from Sid's POV but a mistake no doubt. And Sid is shown to already know that what he did was wrong. Also literally everyone is shown to be angry or disappointed with him for the decision. Roshni being angry on Sid will be acceptable and expected but I guess she won't really be that angry as Sid has done it for her family only. Also she has already started on her mission of wooing back Sid so I don't think the actual reason will make her angry. If she can try to win him back even without knowing the reason, then knowing the truth will make her more determined to get him back.

Coming to the fake identity, I would say that the lie was just as bad as giving divorce. No matter how noble his actions were, marrying under a false identity is literally fraud. Roshni literally had no clue who she was marrying. That was a huge injustice to Roshni and her family as well. You don't get into a relation like marriage based on a lie. But as you said Sid'd POV at that point can be justified too.

My point being that both the fake identity and divorce issues are grave mistakes from Sid's side. Both shouldn't have happened. But then again both the actions can be well justified.

And call me weird but I'm kinda happy that the marriage broke as the marriage was based on a lie. Even though everyone knows everything now and everyone's all cool with it but still It wasn't true and it's better that it got nullified. Also the marriage was sorta a challenge between Sid and DD. That isn't right either.

Now when they re-marry both Sid-Roshni and their families will be getting into the relation knowing everything which will make it even better. It will be a new start for SidNi hopefully with everyone's blessings this time and a much better one for sure. Also I don't think this divorce will really affect their relation after remarriage. All the issues will be sorted out before they get into this relation. So no worries in that part.

Edited by ...Ananya - 8 years ago