Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
I really don't understand the legal concept of paying monetary compensation for lesser or no jail time. Doesn't this say different types of justice for rich versus poor?

I will be honest, I feel bad for his family. But then, there are also his victims. The man that was killed the day of accident, the ones injured, the police officer dying a lonely miserable death in jail.

Are there any guarantees that he might not get jail time if he appeals? Because otherwise wouldn't it be wiser to serve the jail time now rather than when he's in his 50s or even 60s?
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
India Today @IndiaToday

#SalmanKhan's lawyer Shrikant Shivade to judge: 'Please do not give a sentence of more than 3 years'

HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Whatever good he did doesn't erase the fact that he committed a crime. Whether it was done knowingly or unknowingly. I'm glad that justice has finally prevailed. Some wonder about the mental torture that Salman's family has gone through, how does it not strike them how the victim's family would have felt. He should serve time, how many ever years he gets and stop asking his defense lawyers to do something to evade punishment. Then only we can see if he's actually feeling even  a tiny bit of remorse for what he did.
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

@ANI_news: Salman Khan's lawyer Shivade says Salman Khan has an illness, if he is jailed there should be some conditions for treatment #SalmanVerdict
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Using charity as defense .lame.
Even jessica lal killer have an charity 
Why No support from him then
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Too_Much

Riteish Deshmukh
@Riteishd

<small>

</small>

Not commenting on courts verdict- but my heart goes out 2 @BeingSalmanKhan :large hearted & 1 of d finest people I hv met in this industry.

😭
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
mid-day Infomedia @mid_day

Breaking: Salman Khan stops lawyer from reading about his heart condition for lesser quantum https://shar.es/1pBDYu  #SalmanVerdict

Times of India @timesofindia

Salman Khan has an illness, if he is jailed there should be some conditions for treatment: Lawyer

They are mentioning Salman's good deeds to reduce his Jail Term.

When 2nd degree death imprisonment is concerned, it can be reduced on character certificate. I've seen it happen -.- That's why the lawyer keeps bringing up his charity work. 

He is found guilty there is no way out now but his term can be modified. That's law for you. 

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@ANI_news: Public prosecutor Pradeep Gharat begins his argument #SalmanVerdict
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Defense lawyer has submitted balance sheet of Being Human.

LOL.