Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

National Award winning designer shown the door

Posted: 8 years ago
National Award winning designer shown the door
By Ankur Pathak, Mumbai Mirror | May 6, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Katrina Kaif and Aditya Roy Kapur shooting for Fitoor; (inset) Niharika Khan

Unit sources insist that Fitoor makers were exasperated with her unprofessionalism; Niharika Khan says she quit as they couldn't afford what she'd envisaged for the film.

After completing nearly 50 per cent of the film, the makers of the Aditya Roy Kapur-Katrina Kaif starrer, Fitoor, have fired National Award winning costume designer Niharika Bhasin Khan, who has previously worked on films like The Dirty Picture and the upcoming, Bombay Velvet.

A source close to the development told Mirror that the designer had a major showdown with the film's director, Abhishek Kapoor, over creative and continuity issues.

"She wouldn't show up on the sets when required and there were several errors as far as continuity of sequences was concerned.

Gattu was exasperated with her and no amount of talking could get her on the same page as the rest of the crew. Finally, she was shown the door," said a source from the film's unit.

After her exit, two members of Anaita Shroff Adajania's team (Cocktail, Finding Fanny) have stepped taken over Fitoor's wardrobe.

When contacted, Niharika confirmed that she is no longer associated with the film. When probed further, she said, "They don't have the budget required for costumes a film like this demands. After working on it for a year, I obviously don't need to prove anything more or show my work to anyone. The money didn't work out, so I had to leave."

On being told that her unprofessional attitude had reportedly irked the makers, Niharika said, "That's not true and I haven't been told about this. I was told that they won't be able to afford what I had envisaged for the film. Meanwhile, I've already picked up another big-ticket project."

An adaptation of Charles Dickens's Great Expectations, Fitoor has nearly 50 days of shooting left, and is gearing up for a February 2015 release. Edited by NailClipper - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Katrina is getting styled by Sukriti
Rekha by Manish Malhotra

Aditi by Manish Malhotra

Only Aditya and the supporting cast were styled by Niharika and she has been fired after Alibaug schedule. 

So she is not part of the current Mumbai schedule, this means Anaita's team will style Aditya and the supporting cast.

Edited by Meherbaan - 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Meherbaan

Katrina is getting styled by Sukriti

Rekha by Manish Malhotra

Aditi by Manish Malhotra

Only Aditya and the supporting cast were styled by Niharika and she has been fired after Alibaug schedule. 

So she is not part of the current Mumbai schedule, this means Anaita's team will style Aditya and the supporting cast.

Who is Sukriti? Rocky S's assistant?

Good Niharika is out. I don't like her styling. Dirty Picture 🤢 Bombay Velvet 🥱

Meherbaan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: NailClipper

Who is Sukriti? Rocky S's assistant?

Good Niharika is out. I don't like her styling. Dirty Picture 🤢 Bombay Velvet 🥱

No she is not Rocky's assistant.

She is a fashion designer and a stylist, Fitoor is her 2nd films as a stylist.

Yeah Niharika is quiet overrated but the film is almost completed so she has Styled Aditya and the supporting cast for majority of the scenes.

I think Lakshmi and Shahleena replaced her.

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Niharika did BBB also right?
I like her stuff usually.. though she certainly seems moody..
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Fitoor is only 50% done??
They have been shooting for ages.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
Meherbaan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

Fitoor is only 50% done??

They have been shooting for ages.

it's not true, the article got errors, it says release date: february 2015!

The film is almost completed, will be done by end of this month.
-Arsal- thumbnail
So they have shot, going by the book:
Kashmir Schedule;
Pip's childhood and his upbringing.
His meatings with Miss.Havisham and Estella.
The climax (the kiss).

Mumbai Schedule;
When he comes to be a gentleman.
His struggle there.

But what is the Dehli Schedule for?? And when will they go abroad to shoot that portion( His living in Paris)??

Also I guess they will get back to Kashmir for Ajay and Aditya scenes. And then those will have to be done in Mumbai too.

A lot left for now. Just hope they get everything right. It is one of my most awaited movies.
-Arsal- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Meherbaan

it's not true, the article got errors, it says release date: february 2015!

The film is almost completed, will be done by end of this month.

Kat said in an interview that she will finish Fitoor in July and move to Nitya's movie in Aug. Not sure where I read it though.
Meherbaan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

So they have shot, going by the book:

Kashmir Schedule;
Pip's childhood and his upbringing.
His meatings with Miss.Havisham and Estella.
The climax (the kiss).

Mumbai Schedule;
When he comes to be a gentleman.
His struggle there.

But what is the Dehli Schedule for?? And when will they go abroad to shoot that portion( His living in Paris)??

Also I guess they will get back to Kashmir for Ajay and Aditya scenes. And then those will have to be done in Mumbai too.

A lot left for now. Just hope they get everything right. It is one of my most awaited movies.

They were casting british actors and shooting all scenes except for 3-4 scenes in farm houses etc. in Delhi so my guess is they created sets to make it look like London !

I don't think they will shoot more days in Kashmir!

remaining portion will be done in Mumbai.

last week Katrina stated the film will be completed after 3 weeks so end of May