Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 94)

DeepShadow Goldie
DeepShadow
DeepShadow

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:36am | IP Logged
This has to be one of the most sweet, quirky, hilarious and close to home movie of all time. If you have the time and money, do spare a few hours and go watch this movie, preferably with your parents or grandparents.

The performances and characters are phenomenal. Senior Bachan as Bhaskhor is so quirky, funny, annoying yet adorable. Irfan is superb as Rana and has a fabulous comic timing. Love the scene where he has a little outburst in the car. Deepika is just so so so damn good!!! She is going from strength to strength and winning so many hearts along the way. She played Piku with amazing conviction. Special mention to two particular scenes, one being the outburst Piku has towards the climax and the final scene where she is talking to Rana (just that look in the eyes). The subtle romance between Rana and Piku was such a pleasant watch, primarily because Hindi movies are typically rather OTT in their portrayal of love and Irfan-Deepika did have a surprisingly likeable chemistry.

What really caught me by surprise was how closely this mirrored my real life because we all have that one grandparent with constant constipation and this always welcomes opinions and suggestions from family members across the board on the best method of relief. It really gave us a perspective on how hilarious these random discussions are. Something really nice is also the discussion the film generates about children and their responsibility towards their parents. A particular dialogue by Piku in the movie really struck a chord with me, it was something along the lines of "Ek age ke baad parents khud zinda nahi reh sakte, unhe zinda rakhna padta hai." Somewhere, that is so true. I like how the movie NEVER shoves any heavy duty ideas down your throat but rather hints at it as the story goes on and also through the dialogues.

The dialogues, the story, the execution, everything about this movie really has a lot of genuineness attached to it. Fantastic work by Shoojit Sircar, Juhi Chaturvedi and team. I think 2015 has been a really great year for surprisingly good movies like NH10, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and now Piku.

Films like Piku are far and few and with its heart in the right place, it is totally worth a watch... Heart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SELINA_MVriiddzzyyHeyDeviMaiyya

Moodyblue IF-Rockerz
Moodyblue
Moodyblue

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Saw the movie today .It was wonderful and an absolute delight, seemed like a slice of everyday life rather than just a movie.  All the actors played their parts quite well and they had a pretty good script to back it up with. Kudos to Deepika for holding her own against actors like Amitabh, Irrfan and Moushami.
While I love the OTT music band baaja family movies , it is nice to see a film deal with realistic every day problems and not shy away from something as common as constipation and turn it into a life lesson.

SELINA_MVkawal_takriiddzzyy

jibber-jabber IF-Sizzlerz
jibber-jabber
jibber-jabber

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:41am | IP Logged
I can't wait for day after tomorrow when I'll be posting my own review. Day Dreaming
Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:41am | IP Logged
DID Supermoms is airing right now on Zee TV.
Deepika is going to be shown on it today. Embarrassed

SELINA_MV_StarryNightsriiddzzyy

nonam Goldie
nonam
nonam

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:57am | IP Logged
  1. All evening and night shows of #Piku Housefull in North India. @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @SnehaRajani

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More
  2. Luved Deepika dressin sense in #Piku @deepikapadukone

0 retweets1 favorite
     Retweet
     Favorite1
    More
  3. #Piku made me laugh, made me cry. A beautiful movie. You all were not acting but living it @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k

0 retweets1 favorite
     Retweet
     Favorite1
    More
  4. @ShoojitSircar My dad who absolutely hates watching movies of any kind said, "#piku dekhe bhishon bhalo legechhe re". Thank you!

1 retweet2 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite2
    More
  5. @deepikapadukone u rocked in #Piku great balance of a soft inner & hard exterior! couldnt have been done better! awesome!

2 retweets1 favorite
     Retweet2
     Favorite1
    More
  6. Dear @ShoojitSircar, loved #Piku. @irrfan_k, @deepikapadukone, and @SrBachchan are amazing. Laughed and cried. Touched an emotional cord.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSELINA_MV_StarryNights..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..riiddzzyyHeyDeviMaiyya

MyDarkPassenger IF-Sizzlerz
MyDarkPassenger
MyDarkPassenger

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I went to watch this movie with my family..I went 2 hours before the show to get the ticket and to my shock it was houseful and also the next show after that. Wasn't expecting that because it was the second week..so ended up watching in a single screen..even that was houseful. Full!
Now coming back to the movie, it was one of the best I saw in the recent time. A good family movie..enjoyed it a lot. My dad never watches any movie but he really liked it. Most of the things are relatable if you from Kolkata, so that was a plus point. Deepika, Amitabh, Imran they all just lived it..felt for all characters. Got really sad in the end.
Really a good experience! People are loving it...the WOM is really good.
I would give a 5 on 5 :D can't notice any flaw.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSELINA_MV_StarryNightsTheSmurfs..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..kawal_takriiddzzyy

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Sunday Update. #Piku is going very strong on Sunday. Houseful at many centers. Huge numbers expected today. Watch this space

@ShoojitSircar #piku watching again 2day 8.15 show.. Houseful.. People not getting tickets of first row.. Way to go brother.. All the best..

Nary a dull moment in a packed theater here in the SF bay area! Loved every minute of #Piku. Brilliant work, @ShoojitSircar!

_StarryNights..NeverGiveUp..riiddzzyy

Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Piku Second Sunday Box Office Collection

Piku Box Office Collection

Piku once again showed growth on its 10th day. According to early estimates Piku second Sunday box office collection will be between 5.50-6* crore or even more.

Piku started off slowly in the morning shows but as the day progressed, it picked up the pace rapidly. There were reports of full houses at many centers in the evening shows. Piku second weekend box office collection is 14.20 crore which is the highest of this year beating the previous record of Baby.

Piku total box office collection in 10 days is around 55 crore and thus it has become the third highest grossing film of the year evicting Badlapur from the list. Piku day 10 collection are better than its day 1 which is very rare phenomena.

It has to be seen that how far Piku can go as it will still be dominating at multiplexes for couple of more weeks. Piku lifetime box office collection will be minimum 70 crore for sure and it can even go further.

Piku Box Office Collection (9 Days)

49.62 Crore

Piku Second Sunday Collection

5.50-6* Crore

Total: 55.62 Crore

*Note: Official figures awaiting.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkijiya_StarryNights..NeverGiveUp..kawal_takjibber-jabberKamala05riiddzzyyHeyDeviMaiyya--SH7_Sunny--

Go to top