Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 70)

SELINA_MV Goldie
SELINA_MV
SELINA_MV

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shrikrishna

Woah the movie is doing quite good.Excellent reviews. I was sure this movie is a flop but proved wrong.Planning to watch it tomorrow.
I'd also like that B4 because 'Piku" such non commercial title. But, when I saw the title songs, then the movie, I love Piku vm.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishna

kimi484 Goldie
kimi484
kimi484

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:23am | IP Logged
new interview of irrfan
You said no to a lot of offers so you could say yes to Piku
Yes, I wanted to do this film because of my co-stars. I had never worked with Bachchan Saab and Deepika, and I said yes because of the director Shoojit. 

And Moushumi Chatterjee? 
(Laughs joyously). She was a dream to work with. We even got to play badminton together for a scene. 

What was it like shooting with Mr Bachchan for the first time? 
Bachchan Saab has his own method of doing a role. He likes to rehearse before approaching a character. I don't like to rehearse that much. But with Bachchan Saab I had to rehearse according to his needs. He is so enthusiastic about his character. The excitement rubs off on other actors. I enjoyed rehearsals this time. And he is there hands-on for a film. Even when he is not required to shoot he would be present on the sets. 

And Deepika Padukone? 
She was right there rehearsing with Bachchan Saab and me. She was amazingly dedicated. I had never met her before we started shooting for Piku. That helped us develop our characters. Because in the film we play two people who are strangers initially and then get to know one another gradually. It was a pleasant journey to know Deepika both on and off screen. 

Tabu, Natalie Portman, Deepika...you seem to be working with the most beautiful women? 
What can I say? I've no hand in it. I am blessed. Yes, as an actor I feel enthused when surrounded by beauty. Deepika and I both had something to contribute to the story. The fact that she is so beautiful added to my enthusiasm for my character. 

Why are you constantly doing roles that are existentially burdened? 
I choose roles from what I get. I usually get serious roles. But I am dying to do a comedy and a romance. InPiku I got to do both. But I'd now like to do them separately. 

Tell me about your other projects? 
I've competed Meghna Gulzar's Talwar which is written by Vishal Bhardwaj. I've also done a thriller calledMadaari directed by Nishikant Kamat. I've also said yes to Abhinay Deo's film. It's a comedy in the zone of Abhinay's Delhi Belly

It's a raunchy comedy? 
Yes, quirky comedy about city life and relationships I start this end of the year. I'd also like to do a musical. 

Are you producing any more films after the spectacular success of The Lunchbox? 
Yes I am producing Nishikant Kamat's Madaari and Mira Nair's nephew Ishan Nair's Kaash. I am not a part of the latter's cast.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/8372

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveewelcomebrospsharmilaSportsFreakSELINA_MVVedika211MannKasturiHZAnita..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..charismatic-gemkawal_takyou2Basilisk-MariaMars-DestroyedInLove-Piku-Beautyful_Messdelightful.

kimi484 Goldie
kimi484
kimi484

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:57am | IP Logged
more tweets from sudhir mishra

Sudhir Mishra @IAmSudhirMishra 
N d last thing I will say abt Piku that it's beautifully edited .Hven't seen such fluidity since Renu Saluja . An editing master class!

Irrfan's d grt actor ofour time.Plays d simultaneity of contradictory emotions so well.Always with d film n d scene bt adding 2 it so gently

There'sonly one word2say abt Deepika : perfect! She is on a trapeze of emotions but so perfectly balanced .D dependence of being depended on

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeQirat.SportsFreakTwinkie_StarMannKasturi..NeverGiveUp..-Piku-DestroyedInLove-MariaMars-Basiliskyou2Beautyful_Messdelightful.

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged
This was totally unexpected  - Congratulations #teamPiku!
Universal praise for Deepika  Thumbs Up- she needs to let her work do the talking  - she does not need that lame PR team of hers.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveerzan1MannKasturikawal_takBasilisk-MariaMars-DestroyedInLoveBeautyful_Messdelightful.

charismatic-gem IF-Rockerz
charismatic-gem
charismatic-gem

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:42am | IP Logged
I find Deepika and Irfans interaction offscreen to be really endearing. More from Irffan's POV...there seems to be a respect that he holds for Deepika...that says a lot about her work

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeHZAnitakawal_takColdplayingBasiliskIHeartDeepika.-Piku-DestroyedInLovedelightful.Beautyful_Mess

walkashame Senior Member
walkashame
walkashame

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:56am | IP Logged
The movie made me realise how good looking Irrfan is.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MeeraHK

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Yakuza @yakuzazoomin 2h2 hours ago

Despite tough competition from #BombayVelvetThisFriday and #Gabbar .. #Piku is retaining 70% of its multiplex screens in second week #PIKU

Checked BMS..Piku has got good number screens.. and better advance than BV..but BV has many more screens-so not comparable at all...

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeMannKasturiHZAnita..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..kawal_takBasiliskDestroyedInLove-Piku-delightful.Beautyful_Mess

Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Box office income

Piku 6th Day Box Office Collection

"Piku" starring Deepika Padukone, Amitabh Bachchan and Irrfan Khan in the leads is climbing the ladder of success at the box office, thanks to its content. The family entertainer, which opened to positive response from critics, celebs and moviegoers, has minted Rs 33.72 crore from its five days theatrical run. Directed by Shoojit Sircar, the film opened with decent occupancy on Friday, but the box office collection climbed the hill like nursery rhyme characters "Jack and Jill." And from second day, the film dominated the box office with housefull shows. From its five days run, "Piku" accumulated whopping Rs 33 crore from just 1300 screens in India. Piku passed the Monday test as it remained strong on the fourth day but experienced a drop on Tuesday. The film collected 4.10 crores on its fifth day, thus taking its total to 33.72 crores at the domestic box office.

piku poster

Piku Wenesday Box Office Business

The film has been extremely strong at the multiplexes. The word of mouth for Piku is excellent and since the film is a light-family entertainer, there is also a good chance of having a repeat audience. Deepika Padukone has a huge fan following and hence the film has everything working for it. Piku has received positive responses from most of the critics and audience and the word of mouth took its business upwards with the occupancy improving considerably in the later shows on the Sixth day itself. "Piku" collected Rs 3.75 crore* nett at the Indian box office on the Sixth day or Day 6. Meanwhile, Actress Deepika Padukone is palying main female lead actress role in this awesome movie. Amitabh Bachchan and Irrfan Khan are playing main male actors in this movie.
- See more at: http://boxofficeincome.in/2015/05/piku-6th-day-collection-wednesday-box-office-business-report/#sthash.91boATcE.UoBUtd3F.dpuf

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

..NeverGiveUp..-Piku-MeeraHKDestroyedInLoveBasiliskdelightful.Beautyful_Mess

Go to top