Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 41)

burnedlace Goldie
burnedlace
burnedlace

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:21am | IP Logged
User Actions
  Follow
Neha@ne_lo

3 generations watchin #Piku wid me Maa was soo happy, the only film which manages to entertain all ages @PikuTheFilm

Retweet
Favorite
Follow
More
Embedded image permalink

Edited by Sassenach - 10 May 2015 at 10:22am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSanayakiDewaniSportsFreakHZAnitakawal_takBasilisk-MariaMars-Beautyful_Messdelightful.

HarveySpecter IF-Dazzler
HarveySpecter
HarveySpecter

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

I know I'll be in the minority along with my parents, cuz regardless of my bias and dislike for DP's offscreen personality, we didn't end up liking Piku. I was actually looking forward to this movie cuz of Irfan and the concept and the very fact that I love laid back movies with no mindless masala or item songs. But I was utterly disappointed, may be I went in with high expectations given all the reviews and feedback. 

AB Sr was pathetically annoying throughout the movie. Trailer was so much better, but his OTT act in the movie irritated my parents more than me LOL The best was of course Irfan, how I wish he had more screen presence. DP and him made an unusually cute couple but before their chemistry can be explored, the movie ended. Booohooo. They should have substantiated on their chemistry than the sheer verbose of constipation in every other dialogue. Gosh, how did people not find that annoying :/ DP still needs to work on her dialogue delivery. It seemed like a chore for her on many occasions. All in all, a good concept that ended up being constipated with father-daughter duo in more need of fiber in their lives than the vigorous exercise of their voicebox...LOL 

Few funny dialogues and moments, but that's about it. Otherwise an entire movie on Toilet humor ? Mehhh. I hope to see Irfan in more such movies though. The guy is a pleasure to watch on screen and I would love for him to do an out and out romantic role. I still love his goofy self from Life In a Metro...

Agree with everything. Didn't like the film at all. Went in with high expectations..but film was underwhelming. There was hardly any story. Stretched the constipation thing for too long. There were 2-3 places where you genuinely laugh, but I don't think they compensate for the blandness of the rest of the film.
.Iconoclast. IF-Dazzler
.Iconoclast.
.Iconoclast.

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kimi484

When you are weeping and smiling, laughing and thinking of your own dad...#Piku. @ShoojitSircar thank you.

True. I lost my father and I can relate to many scenes between father and daughter here. I had tears so many times. Even the end was not melodramatic but real, simple. Movies shouldn't fall into any genre. Just good and bad films. Piku is one of the finest in a long time. 

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSanayakiDewaniburnedlaceSportsFreakVedika211IceflamesHZAnita..TooLazy..kawal_tak..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..charismatic-gemKamala05DestroyedInLoveBasilisk-MariaMars-Sultan_Of_SwingGuineapurvaMistyyFreeBird03Beautyful_Messdelightful.

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki IF-Dazzler
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:02am | IP Logged
So happy to see the film doing well. Some members were dissing the film from start only because of their dislike for DP. Love how much appreciation this film is getting... Shoojit, Ronnie and Juhi deserves it all. 
And the trend of small films doing good at the theatres continues :D

Can't wait to watch this next week

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSanayakiDewaniSportsFreakkawal_tak..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..DestroyedInLoveSultan_Of_SwingBasilisk-MariaMars-Beautyful_Messdelightful.

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:10am | IP Logged
LOL
big b's OTT act works..cos most of the budhua's  do go OTT in real. most of them have same issue... pett ka dard. they nag you, demands are high, they emotionally torture you.LOL

so it worked fine for me.
and i felt piku .nothing you can do with these budhua's then scream your lungs out.
end of the day the love mattered the most.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSanayakiDewaniSportsFreakHZAnita..TooLazy....NeverGiveUp..DestroyedInLove-MariaMars-Sultan_Of_SwingFreeBird03Basiliskdelightful.Beautyful_Mess

Pehchaan.Kaun IF-Sizzlerz
Pehchaan.Kaun
Pehchaan.Kaun

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Loved the comedy parts.. And loved the scene where towards the end in the kachori scene Piku was shouting at her father about being selfish and all, but as soon as he comes out and says his motion was like never before, she smiles LOL.. Very nice scene..
Anyways, it's strictly onetime watch for me.. Ok ok.. These DO happen in real life, and watching this on big screen didn't make me feel any better!! LOL.. So yeah !
Hichki IF-Rockerz
Hichki
Hichki

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Those who din like piku ..lol..go and watch gabbar
Hichki IF-Rockerz
Hichki
Hichki

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Those who din like piku= jealous haters of dippy and I m a Rani fan ..not a fan of deepika

Go to top