PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 32

Posted: 8 years ago
User Actions
  Follow
Neha@ne_lo

3 generations watchin #Piku wid me Maa was soo happy, the only film which manages to entertain all ages @PikuTheFilm

Retweet
Favorite
Follow
More
Embedded image permalink
Edited by Sassenach - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

I know I'll be in the minority along with my parents, cuz regardless of my bias and dislike for DP's offscreen personality, we didn't end up liking Piku. I was actually looking forward to this movie cuz of Irfan and the concept and the very fact that I love laid back movies with no mindless masala or item songs. But I was utterly disappointed, may be I went in with high expectations given all the reviews and feedback. 

AB Sr was pathetically annoying throughout the movie. Trailer was so much better, but his OTT act in the movie irritated my parents more than me ðŸ˜† The best was of course Irfan, how I wish he had more screen presence. DP and him made an unusually cute couple but before their chemistry can be explored, the movie ended. Booohooo. They should have substantiated on their chemistry than the sheer verbose of constipation in every other dialogue. Gosh, how did people not find that annoying :/ DP still needs to work on her dialogue delivery. It seemed like a chore for her on many occasions. All in all, a good concept that ended up being constipated with father-daughter duo in more need of fiber in their lives than the vigorous exercise of their voicebox...😆 

Few funny dialogues and moments, but that's about it. Otherwise an entire movie on Toilet humor ? Mehhh. I hope to see Irfan in more such movies though. The guy is a pleasure to watch on screen and I would love for him to do an out and out romantic role. I still love his goofy self from Life In a Metro...

Agree with everything. Didn't like the film at all. Went in with high expectations..but film was underwhelming. There was hardly any story. Stretched the constipation thing for too long. There were 2-3 places where you genuinely laugh, but I don't think they compensate for the blandness of the rest of the film.
Originally posted by kimi484

Rituparna Chatterjee @MasalaBai

When you are weeping and smiling, laughing and thinking of your own dad...#Piku. @ShoojitSircar thank you.

True. I lost my father and I can relate to many scenes between father and daughter here. I had tears so many times. Even the end was not melodramatic but real, simple. Movies shouldn't fall into any genre. Just good and bad films. Piku is one of the finest in a long time. 
So happy to see the film doing well. Some members were dissing the film from start only because of their dislike for DP. Love how much appreciation this film is getting... Shoojit, Ronnie and Juhi deserves it all. 
And the trend of small films doing good at the theatres continues :D

Can't wait to watch this next week
😆
big b's OTT act works..cos most of the budhua's  do go OTT in real. most of them have same issue... pett ka dard. they nag you, demands are high, they emotionally torture you.😆

so it worked fine for me.
and i felt piku .nothing you can do with these budhua's then scream your lungs out.
end of the day the love mattered the most.

Loved the comedy parts.. And loved the scene where towards the end in the kachori scene Piku was shouting at her father about being selfish and all, but as soon as he comes out and says his motion was like never before, she smiles 😆.. Very nice scene..
Anyways, it's strictly onetime watch for me.. Ok ok.. These DO happen in real life, and watching this on big screen didn't make me feel any better!! 😆.. So yeah !
Those who din like piku ..lol..go and watch gabbar
Those who din like piku= jealous haters of dippy and I m a Rani fan ..not a fan of deepika
Originally posted by NigelMolesworth

True. I lost my father and I can relate to many scenes between father and daughter here. I had tears so many times. Even the end was not melodramatic but real, simple. Movies shouldn't fall into any genre. Just good and bad films. Piku is one of the finest in a long time. 

same here
too much familiarity made me emotional
i was missing my family while watching.
i am a bengali, the kolkata parts
the bangla songs i heard them before
my mother hates hindi songs 
she is still into old bangla songs
and manna dey and hemanta songs
i grew up listening to thanks to her. 
bhashkor singing 'ei poth jodi na shesh hoy' in car
and that 'jibone ki pabo na' song pe dance lol
and it made me miss my family more.
i found the film very real thanks to its simplicity 
i felt like secretly watching conversation of a family.
laughed, smiled, and in some parts i felt sad.
parents, grandparents become kids after an age
the child subconsciously becomes the parent.
and its shown in a natural manner
kids get angry with parents, get mad
but the child will not tolerate if someone else 
says anything bad about them. 

Originally posted by kimi484

same here
too much familiarity made me emotional
i was missing my family while watching.
i am a bengali, the kolkata parts
the bangla songs i heard them before
my mother hates hindi songs
she is still into old bangla songs
and manna dey and hemanta songs
i grew up listening to thanks to her.
bhashkor singing 'ei poth jodi na shesh hoy' in car
and that 'jibone ki pabo na' song pe dance lol
and it made me miss my family more.
i found the film very real thanks to its simplicity
i felt like secretly watching conversation of a family.
laughed, smiled, and in some parts i felt sad.
parents, grandparents become kids after an age
the child subconsciously becomes the parent.
and its shown in a natural manner
kids get angry with parents, get mad
but the child will not tolerate if someone else
says anything bad about them.

@kimi
This is true for me as well. I felt at home
Ei path Jodi na sesh hoi or jibone ki pabona - These two songs filmed on two greatest bengali actors, I know much it meant to my parents, I can totally related to the movie
The conversion at dinner table or the progressive father or north Calcutta galis where I spent my childhood was soo alive. I'm feeling nostalgic