Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 24)

Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Looks like the third of the panauti trio will also give a 4 or 5 star.

Yeah Masand has given Piku 4 but he gave Fanny 3
Smile

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Rajeev rarely gives a film more than 3.5
Great going... eager to watch the film
xroshnix Goldie
xroshnix
xroshnix

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Cast
Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Irrfan, Moushumi Chatterji, Raghubir Yadav, Jisshu Sengupta
Director
Shoojit Sircar
Plot
Piku (Deepika Padukone) is a twenty-something single lady living with her 70-year-old father, Bhaskor Banerji aka Baba (Amitabh Bachchan), in CR Park in Delhi. Baba spends most of his time worried sick over his constipation woes and the fear of falling ill and dying.

Piku is a rare gem of a film. It deals with two of our nation's favourite topics - family and bowel movements. It gives an inside peek into a moment in the life of a Bengali family living in CR park in Delhi. The moment happens to be a 
journey. The family comprises of a beautiful, successful, stressed urban daughter, her hypochondriac, ageing father and their loyal servant. The family and the relationship is supposedly eccentric, or that's what the publicity would have you believe, but I recognised so much of me and my family in it (a Punjabi version). And this is what makes Piku perfection. It's mad, angst ridden, touchy, full of love, joy and totally dysfunctional - as all real families I know are.

Shoojit Sircar has a super keen eye. He doesn't miss a thing in this film. He delivers over-the-top potty humour, served with nuanced subtlety. You will laugh loudly and just as suddenly burst into tears. Everyone talks over each other, as real people are wont to, and yet not a single word goes unheard or is unnecessary. There is constant movement in every frame, everyone is getting on with whatever they are doing rather than waiting to finish or speak a line. Everything that makes up a film - from art direction, dialogues, casting of extras, cinematography, music, make up, costume, locations, lighting and acting is so faultless that you stop looking and just watch, enjoyably.

Something amazing has happened to Deepika, and this 2.0 version can play just about anything convincingly. She has blossomed into an incredible actor and has never looked more beautiful. Her Piku is moody, stressed, rude, caring and so very real. Piku reminded me of me or my sister or any of us power women who spin so many plates in the air simultaneously, and it never seems enough. We work ambitiously, look after our babies and/or parents, run a home, beg our maids to stay, let our hair down, have fun, have sex, search for peace and are highly irritable at the best of times. Deepika, you conveyed all that and then some.

Piku's father played by Mr. Bachchan is wonderfully cantankerous, lovingly dyspeptic, highly arrogant and so very endearing. Apart from his obsession with the colour, texture, amount and frequency of his potty, he is intently focused on dissuading any prospective male interest in his daughter by telling them all about her sex life and her short fuse. His accent, his body language, his character choices and his ability to lose his superstar persona all convince you further why he in the one the only.

Irrfan as always doesn't need dialogues to convey exactly what his character intends. His one expression can contain pages of subtext. He's funny, curious and fits in hysterically as the outsider who can't get over how this family can always bring it back to the bowel!

Each actor cast as the extended family, the domestic help, the friends is on the same page of subtle brilliance.  

The only problem with Piku was that it ended. Yet it ended just like the rest of the film - in perfection. You felt full, satiated and still willing to squeeze in one more delicious bite if offered. I can't think of a reason to take even half a star away. 5 stars.

Just go see it now. And take me along again and again.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveePharma3SELINA_MVMannKasturiTwinkie_Star..NeverGiveUp..Hermione..WittyFlair-MariaMars-allizzwellBeautyful_Messriiddzzyy

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Raja and Mihir also gave a 4 isnt it?

Edited by .Hajmola. - 08 May 2015 at 11:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SELINA_MV

kimi484 Goldie
kimi484
kimi484

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Raja and Mihir also gave a 4 isnt it?

raja sen gave 4.5 stars
mihir doesn't put stars
he praised piku a lot 
he didnt like fanny
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4371816&PID=122477727&#p122477727

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeQirat.SELINA_MVTheRager

subha_rath2004 IF-Dazzler
subha_rath2004
subha_rath2004

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:58am | IP Logged
after a long time watched a  movie on Friday...Just came back from theatre...Piku is simply superb...l laughed a lot...i am sure it wont dissappoint u at all...go n watch it...

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveePharma3Qirat.nonamSELINA_MVhedwig_fawkesHZAnitaTwinkie_StarHermione..kawal_takDimdim-MariaMars-GuineaBeautyful_Messriiddzzyy

snatch Goldie
snatch
snatch

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahatma123

Real review by real critic KRK

bechara speaks genuinely but he wont be able to understand movies like piku 

will watch the movie trow..
-MariaMars- IF-Sizzlerz
-MariaMars-
-MariaMars-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:57pm | IP Logged