PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 100

Posted: 8 years ago

Sony will get approx 35Cr profit from #Piku means it's super hit. So congrats to @SnehaRajani Ji @SrBachchan Ji @deepikapadukone Ji n team.

User Actions
  Follow
Kamaal R Khan-KRK@kamaalrkhan

I salute to @ShoojitSircar n @aanandlrai coz both of them have defeated me twice. Aanand by #Raanjhana n #TWMR n Sircar by #MC n #PIKU

🤣🤣🤣

At least he can admit defeat

The number of people watching this movie third and fourth time is amazing. Such awesome repeat value. 👍🏼 
Just today i noticed the bottle of Kashondo (bengali food related item) in the kitchen when Chobi checks the chicken dish Piku was making. Such awesome detailing. Hats off Shoojit. 
May 23, 2015 16:18 PM IST

'Piku' 15 Days Box Office Collection: Deepika Padukone Starrer Continues Success Run despite Release of 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'

Nicy V.P
Share on Google+
Deepika Padukone-Amitabh Bachchan-Irrfan Khan starrer "Piku" maintains its stronghold at the box officeFacebook

The latest Amitabh Bachchan-Deepika Paudukone starrer, "Piku", is continuing its success run at the box office despite the release of Kanagana Ranaut-R Madhavan's "Tanu Weds Manu Returns".

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that on its 15th day (Friday) at the box office, "Piku" had collected 1.35 crore, binging the total collection of the film to 66.57 crore in India.

According to the reports, the movie had registered 25 percent theatre occupancy on Friday and industry is now waiting to see how the film does in its third weekend. Meanwhile, the trade analayst expects the film to cross the 70 crore mark in India by Sunday.

Meanwhile, "Piku" worldwide gross had crossed the 100 crore mark by its 13th day at the box office. This is the third film in 2015 to touch the mark, after Akshay Kumar's "Gabbar Is Back" and "Baby".

Directed by Shoojt Sircar, "Piku" is rated as a clean family entertainer and is appreciated for his dialogues and excellent script. The film also features Irrfan Khan, Moushmi Chatterjee, and Jisshu Sengupta in pivotal roles.

Edited by ramyarn - 8 years ago

Shoojit Sircar: Always had Irrfan Khan, Amitabh Bachchan in mind for 'Piku'

IANS | May 23, 2015, 05.59PM IST
  • Whatsapp
  • Facebook
  • Google Plus
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
Deepika Padukone and Shoojit Sircar
Text resize:AAA
Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar, who has garnered plaudits for his latest box office offering Piku, says he always had Amitabh Bachchan and Irrfan Khan in mind for the film, while Deepika Padukone popped up in his mind once he finished the script.

"We had already decided on Irrfan and Amitabh while writing the script. Their characters were written keeping them in mind. Deepika (Padukone) happened post the script was written," said Sircar, while interacting with film enthusiasts at Poetic License' latest workshop held at the Irani Cafe, Excelsior here.

READ: Piku: Lessons learnt from the film

Sircar went on to add that "Deepika got the character bang on. I had asked her to watch Konkona Sen Sharma's films."

The Vicky Donor fame director shared the inside world of Piku at an interactive session, which was moderated by The Lunchbox director Ritesh Batra.

For latest Bollywood updates follow us on Twitter >>>@TOIEntertain

Piku paints a father-daughter relationship via a journey from Delhi to Kolkata in a car through the scenic and holy city of Varanasi. There is humour, drama and love interwoven in an endearing and relatable tale.

For the latest in Bollywood news, like us on Facebook >>>TOIEntertain

The things that clicked with the audience is Amitabh and Deepika's cute arguments filled with love and care; and Deepika's subdued and subtle camaraderie with Irrfan.

WATCH: Shoojit Sircar: Piku is not a love story

Piku's Media meet(1 of 10)
Deepika Padukone and Shoojit Sircar at the press meet of Bollywood film Piku, held in Mumbai. (Pic: Viral Bhayani)
Originally posted by kimi484

@ShoojitSircar has concealed a lot in @PikuTheFilm and that makes you think about the film even more - @irrfan_k #FCMeetingGround

Really looking forward to the Irrfan-Kangana episode! I'd like to see Deepika in a future episode discussing film with an actor like Sushant or Rajkumar! 
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika.

Really looking forward to the Irrfan-Kangana episode! I'd like to see Deepika in a future episode discussing film with an actor like Sushant or Rajkumar! 

When will they telecast this on tv?
Originally posted by KochurShaakBata

Also the theme of the film matched so easily with the bengali set up. It is so rare to find a table in a bengali household without isabgol and joan er aarok and ambol discussions. No discussion is complete without constipation, especially with the elderly. 😆 So for me the constipation didn't really matter in the film. 

Hahaha, tell me abt it! 😆 My Baaper bari folks always had some bhaat even after coming back from a wedding feast...so that they wont get Ambol the next day! 😆
My mother said her grandpa was a lot like Bhashkor, he would discuss his bowel movements every day. 😆
We were all devoted to Joaner Arok to relieve gastric ailments till a few years ago when apparently they stopped making that wondrous concoction. What a loss for bhodro-shomaj! 
Is it true Dey's Medical stopped making Joaner Arok? Last 2 times I visited Kolkata the medical stores werent selling them anymore. 

BOLLYWOOD BOX OFFICE
@bbo4u   #TanuWedsManuReturns [Day 2] - 13.10 Crore
Total - 21.85 Crore

#Piku [Day 16] - 1.80 Crore
Total - 68.37 Crore

Originally posted by hermione82

BOLLYWOOD BOX OFFICE
@bbo4u   #TanuWedsManuReturns [Day 2] - 13.10 Crore
Total - 21.85 Crore

#Piku [Day 16] - 1.80 Crore
Total - 68.37 Crore

😊hopefully it would cross the 70 crores mark today.