kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
i want to see the deleted scenes
i hope they release it in youtube after 2-3 wks

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Films with women as the main protagonist were seen for a very long time as movies that couldn't earn you a dime at the box office. Directors therefore refrained from writing stories for them since no producer was willing to take a risk.

However this has changed since a new trend has been set. The first movie with an actress as the main protagonist to collect 100Cr worldwide was Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom. Now Deepika Padukone can join the club with PIKU as it also has collected more than a 100Cr worldwide. PIKU is a huge surprise since it had to compete with a much larger movie Bombay Velvet.

The trend started earlier with more movies like, The Dirty Picture and Kahaani. These movies did exceptionally well for the budget they were made on. However, joining the 100Cr club with meaningful movies is a totally different scene, as per my opinion.

With movies such as Mary Kom, QUEEN and PIKU doing so well at the box office we can safely say that a new era in Hindi cinema has started. Kudos to girl power!

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/discussion/after-mary-kom-piku-second-female-leading-film-join-100cr-club

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kimi484

i want to see the deleted scenes

i hope they release it in youtube after 2-3 wks

Ditto...Hope they release it
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Temptations.

OMG. 100Cr worldwide and 60.82 domestic.

Ab mein kya bolu iss khuski ki baat pe. Khushi ke aansoo aa gaye. ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜†

Piku is rocking both in India and in overseas also. Ppl are loving and praising the movies all over. ๐Ÿฅณ 
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Temptations.

OMG. 100Cr worldwide and 60.82 domestic.

Shivu when are u making something on My Deepiku and Piku philams siggies. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

PS: U still have to complete my request๐Ÿ˜† ... ek abar toh haan bol dena pleej. ๐Ÿ˜’
DeePiku thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Piku Grosses Over 100 Crores | Worldwide Box Office

May 20th, 2015 by Koimoi.com Team
  Shares : 2908Comments ( 0 )

Piku continues to break records worldwide in its second successive week since the release. Having the highest second weekend of 2015, the film held strongly even on 2nd Monday of its release, leading India's box office charts across the board.

Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Bachchan in a still from movie Piku'

The film has crossed 60 Cr nett mark after its 2nd Tuesday and thus grossed over 80 crores at the Box Office in India. Internationally, the film has turned out to be the biggest hit of 2015 having notched up a mighty 4.3 Million USD (27.34 Cr) till 2nd Sunday. The combined worldwide gross collections of Piku stand at 107.34 crores.

Piku, yet again proved, that Content is King and nothing beats that!

Edited by TheCaptain - 8 years ago
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am so happy for DP you go girl!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
DP haters will hate it saying one more article on her, haters please stay away. 
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
But entering the 100 cr club means 100 cr NET made in the domestic market(India)...but amazing nonetheless,,,,,,who would have thought it will make so much..
CANNOT thumbnail
This is amazing,despite not being a fan of DP off screen, I do agree she is getting better with every next movie of her.๐Ÿ‘
And I think movies that are content oriented,e.g Piku should make it to 100crore in domestic boxoffice too because these kind of movies deserve such achievement not those mindless and without any script movies which goes on to earn a lot of money despite poor content.