Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: ana.khan

A hard slap in the face of all those who were saying piku ll be a disaster of the year ๐Ÿ˜† 

they can eat their own words while watching disaster of all time ๐Ÿฅบ

๐Ÿ˜† I am happy Piku success, but move on please๐Ÿ˜ณ, no heart feeling let bygones bygones
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Originally posted by: hermione82

But Sunny Piku is not a women centric film but its a film with women lead
AB Sr has as much presence as Deepika and he was delighting too
And as much as I love DP as Piku there's no denying that it wont be half of a film if Irfan was not there..He redefined romance along with DP in the movie

๐Ÿ˜† who care. For us Piku is women ๐Ÿ˜› 
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

And PIKU wouldn't have been PIKU without your endearing & such a real performance @deepikapadukone :) #PIKU

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rock Solid on friday and jumps on Saturday. Movie going to be superhit with 2nd weekdays bringing in similar numbers as BV screens will be cancelled in most centres from Monday.

Domestic Collection

1st Week

Friday

05.32 cr

Saturday

08.70 cr

Sunday 11.20 cr
 Monday 04.40 cr
 Tuesday 04.10 cr
 Wednesday 04.00 cr
 Thursday 03.70 cr
 1st Week Total Collection
41.42 cr
 2nd Week
 Friday 03.10 cr
 Saturday 05.10 cr
  Total Domestic Collection 49.62 cr
  Total Overseas Collection 16.60 cr
  Total Worldwide Collection 65.72 cr

SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Embedded image permalink
Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 8 years ago
SH7_Sunny thumbnail

Piku Day Eight: All India NBOC

Piku Day Eight: All India NBOC
CircuitCollections
Mumbai88,00,000
Delhi UP72,00,000
East  Punjab30,00,000
CP10,00,000
CI12,00,000
Rajasthan13,00,000
Nizam12,00,000
Mysore28,00,000
West Bengal25,00,000
Bihar-Jharkhand3,00,000
Assam1,00,000
Orissa2,00,000
TNK2,00,000
Total2,98,00,000

conceptvals thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just saw it. It was so good. It didn't feel like I was watching a film it honestly felt like I was given an insight into an actual family. 
I was reminded of how my dad and I squabble and pull each other's legs. I have to say Bhaskor is pretty much a mirror of my dad except, instead of bowel movements my dad keeps complaining about aches and pains. In fact a few weeks ago my dad had some tests done to see if anything was wrong. When the results came back saying everything was fine and good he almost seemed disappointed, just like Piku's dad. ๐Ÿ˜†

I also found it easy to relate to Piku. I know all about the frustrations of parents nagging and complaining about things and non-existent medical issues. That even if your patience snaps with them often, you can't and will not tolerate others misbehaving with them. That ultimately you would do pretty much anything for them. I was so happy to see that Bhaskor encouraged Piku to be independent in every way be it financially, emotionally or sexually. Imagine how much better the world would be if every father was like that. The fact that a progressive and positive film like Piku is doing so well at the box office is a good sign. 

Now onto the chemistry between Piku and Rana. They were too adorable omg and there wasn't any intimate scenes yet they were soo hot, that speaks volumes for how good their chemistry was. Deepika and Irrfan work so well together and make a cute couple they should work together again.  The acting from everyone was very good. Deepika has improved so much and Irrfan is good as always, Amitabh sometimes overacted but it worked and stayed true to his character. Moushumi Chatterji was cute as mashi and it was nice to see her on the big screen again. The casting is incredible as I can't see anyone else in any of the roles other than them. 

This is getting too long so I'll finish with reiterating that it was a good film and I really enjoyed watching it. Give it a try and maybe take your parents along and show them some love.
Congratulations to Team Piku for a job well done. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sassenach

Just saw it. It was so good. It didn't feel like I was watching a film it honestly felt like I was given an insight into an actual family. 
I was reminded of how my dad and I squabble and pull each other's legs. I have to say Bhaskor is pretty much a mirror of my dad except, instead of bowel movements my dad keeps complaining about aches and pains. In fact a few weeks ago my dad had some tests done to see if anything was wrong. When the results came back saying everything was fine and good he almost seemed disappointed, just like Piku's dad. ๐Ÿ˜†

I also found it easy to relate to Piku. I know all about the frustrations of parents nagging and complaining about things and non-existent medical issues. That even if your patience snaps with them often, you can't and will not tolerate others misbehaving with them. That ultimately you would do pretty much anything for them. I was so happy to see that Bhaskor encouraged Piku to be independent in every way be it financially, emotionally or sexually. Imagine how much better the world would be if every father was like that. The fact that a progressive and positive film like Piku is doing so well at the box office is a good sign. 

Now onto the chemistry between Piku and Rana. They were too adorable omg and there wasn't any intimate scenes yet they were soo hot, that speaks volumes for how good their chemistry was. Deepika and Irrfan work so well together and make a cute couple they should work together again.  The acting from everyone was very good. Deepika has improved so much and Irrfan is good as always, Amitabh sometimes overacted but it worked and stayed true to his character. Moushumi Chatterji was cute as mashi and it was nice to see her on the big screen again. The casting is incredible as I can't see anyone else in any of the roles other than them. 

This is getting too long so I'll finish with reiterating that it was a good film and I really enjoyed watching it. Give it a try and maybe take your parents along and show them some love.
Congratulations to Team Piku for a job well done. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

so, you're Piku? ๐Ÿ˜†
StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This has to be one of the most sweet, quirky, hilarious and close to home movie of all time. If you have the time and money, do spare a few hours and go watch this movie, preferably with your parents or grandparents.

The performances and characters are phenomenal. Senior Bachan as Bhaskhor is so quirky, funny, annoying yet adorable. Irfan is superb as Rana and has a fabulous comic timing. Love the scene where he has a little outburst in the car. Deepika is just so so so damn good!!! She is going from strength to strength and winning so many hearts along the way. She played Piku with amazing conviction. Special mention to two particular scenes, one being the outburst Piku has towards the climax and the final scene where she is talking to Rana (just that look in the eyes). The subtle romance between Rana and Piku was such a pleasant watch, primarily because Hindi movies are typically rather OTT in their portrayal of love and Irfan-Deepika did have a surprisingly likeable chemistry.

What really caught me by surprise was how closely this mirrored my real life because we all have that one grandparent with constant constipation and this always welcomes opinions and suggestions from family members across the board on the best method of relief. It really gave us a perspective on how hilarious these random discussions are. Something really nice is also the discussion the film generates about children and their responsibility towards their parents. A particular dialogue by Piku in the movie really struck a chord with me, it was something along the lines of "Ek age ke baad parents khud zinda nahi reh sakte, unhe zinda rakhna padta hai." Somewhere, that is so true. I like how the movie NEVER shoves any heavy duty ideas down your throat but rather hints at it as the story goes on and also through the dialogues.

The dialogues, the story, the execution, everything about this movie really has a lot of genuineness attached to it. Fantastic work by Shoojit Sircar, Juhi Chaturvedi and team. I think 2015 has been a really great year for surprisingly good movies like NH10, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and now Piku.

Films like Piku are far and few and with its heart in the right place, it is totally worth a watch... โค๏ธ
Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Saw the movie today .It was wonderful and an absolute delight, seemed like a slice of everyday life rather than just a movie.  All the actors played their parts quite well and they had a pretty good script to back it up with. Kudos to Deepika for holding her own against actors like Amitabh, Irrfan and Moushami.
While I love the OTT music band baaja family movies , it is nice to see a film deal with realistic every day problems and not shy away from something as common as constipation and turn it into a life lesson.